Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 06:04 AM
  #7456  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (13)
 
jessbens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: zanesville,ohio
Posts: 371
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

come on someone i need wheels for the v3
jessbens is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 06:31 AM
  #7457  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 580
Default

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
I would stick with the saddle packs. With the new generation of high C lipos and esc's that are configured to use them they actually operate more efficiently and can even lower motor/ esc temp when properly paired (Example R10 esc, orion v4 motor and 90c packs).
Sounds like another R10 and VST pro motor to be ordered. Leaving my existing R10 in my TRF511.
mikeyscott is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 06:36 AM
  #7458  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (86)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Omaha,NE
Posts: 2,599
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Forgive the newb questions as I'm very new to 1/10th electric, I've been a long time nitro racer but don't have the time to maintain them in between races and now that my younger children want to get into the hobby I've decided to run 1/10th scale electric. I had a chance to drive a fellow racers durango 4wd buggy and really enjoyed it so I purchased the new V3 buggy. First question I take it since the new v3 buggy has a larger hex standard 1/10 4wd buggy wheels will not fit it and I will have to purchase durango one's specifically for this buggy? Also what would be a good starting setup for the v3, I realize it will need tuned to my driving style but I'm just looking for a good baseline, I run on a large indoor 1/8th sized offroad track with good traction and that is for the most part fairly smooth. Thanks for helping out the newb .
WideOpenThrottle RC is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 06:53 AM
  #7459  
Tech Adept
 
TeamDurango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 187
Default

Hi, congratulations on the new purchase.
The 14mm hex wheels are, we belive, the future - they are far better than the older mounting methods which have been the 'standard' up until now.
The V3 comes with the hardware required to run regular pin-drive wheels on the rear should you choose to run your old wheels but you'll need to purchase the small hex for the front if you want to run the older wheels:

WHEEL HEX FRONT (2pcs) Part No: TD510001

Like I said however - the new 14mm hex wheels are a really good move - they handle the power of modern brushless systems and big jumps / high traction much better than the old mounting method and provide a really solid mounting method whilst reducing the load on the pin.

Take a look on the Team Durango setup section http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-pits.php - There might be a setup for a track similar to yours on there already which might help.
TeamDurango is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 07:27 AM
  #7460  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Hopefully my LHS has mine coming this week !
Briguy is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 08:08 AM
  #7461  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (86)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Omaha,NE
Posts: 2,599
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
Hi, congratulations on the new purchase.
The 14mm hex wheels are, we belive, the future - they are far better than the older mounting methods which have been the 'standard' up until now.
The V3 comes with the hardware required to run regular pin-drive wheels on the rear should you choose to run your old wheels but you'll need to purchase the small hex for the front if you want to run the older wheels:

WHEEL HEX FRONT (2pcs) Part No: TD510001

Like I said however - the new 14mm hex wheels are a really good move - they handle the power of modern brushless systems and big jumps / high traction much better than the old mounting method and provide a really solid mounting method whilst reducing the load on the pin.

Take a look on the Team Durango setup section http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-pits.php - There might be a setup for a track similar to yours on there already which might help.

Thanks for the quick reply, any idea on when the new wheels will be hitting the shelves at hobbyshops in the U.S.?
WideOpenThrottle RC is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 08:49 AM
  #7462  
Tech Adept
 
TeamDurango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
Thanks for the quick reply, any idea on when the new wheels will be hitting the shelves at hobbyshops in the U.S.?
Sorry for the delay on the new 14mm wheels - unfortunately they're still 1, maybe 2 weeks away from hitting the US shops.
TeamDurango is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 09:31 AM
  #7463  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
Sorry for the delay on the new 14mm wheels - unfortunately they're still 1, maybe 2 weeks away from hitting the US shops.
Do you have a part number for the wheels ?

Some reason on the website the links to the standard parts and option parts is now gone . Were there the other day .
Briguy is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 10:27 AM
  #7464  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 81
Default

TD when will rest of the world get there first 410v3? =)
putte_Rolf is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 10:40 AM
  #7465  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (51)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: VA
Posts: 4,192
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/dex410v3/
Apex is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 11:14 AM
  #7466  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by putte_Rolf
TD when will rest of the world get there first 410v3? =)
I received an email back from HRP that they will be available in about a month !!!
Briguy is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 12:32 PM
  #7467  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

there are several companies that have them in stock??

absolutehobbyz is one
t8rtot is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 12:36 PM
  #7468  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,004
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t8rtot
there are several companies that have them in stock??

absolutehobbyz is one
Nah, check again... The DEX410r is available from that place still
TAMAK is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 12:38 PM
  #7469  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Not according to them .
Briguy is offline  
Old 09-26-2011, 02:46 PM
  #7470  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (47)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: W.V.
Posts: 2,225
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

I know when my fiance called and ordered mine it was either the last one they had or next to the last one maybe.

-DC-
smitty2802 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.