Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

How many of you are running sways ? On small tight track ..any pics I ordered some bars because they were cheap the kits are way to much I have hardware to make my own ..they seem to go over the turnbuckles ? This just seems weird they made them to go in so high
Old 09-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bronc4now
How many of you are running sways ? On small tight track ..any pics I ordered some bars because they were cheap the kits are way to much I have hardware to make my own ..they seem to go over the turnbuckles ? This just seems weird they made them to go in so high
I would not use em if you run at streamwood. I dont at LITH.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sway bars can help tighten up the car on high bite tracks. If car is tipping and then snapping over mid turn try a sway bar.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

i have a dex410r for sale if anyone is interested....pm or text me 404 606 9709
Old 09-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I do, 1.3 F/R.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
cool man thanks

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Sway bars can help tighten up the car on high bite tracks. If car is tipping and then snapping over mid turn try a sway bar.
Ok that's funny I thought opposite ,I flip more with sways

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
I do, 1.3 F/R.
Thanks u run outside / big track ?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Indoor hard packed and rutted at times.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
Are you referring to the gear that pushes onto the outdrive? Turn the diff housing upside down and leave it for a while - it'll usually fall off under its own weight. You can encourage it with a few firm taps of the casing on a table.

If your gear really is seized on, you could try other methods - giving it a spray of penetrating fluid and again leaving it, or putting the assembly into a 1/8th scale buggy wheel and gently 'tapping' the outdrive from the inside.

If you get a gear which is really tight on the outdrive when assembling then it's a good idea to free things up before building the diff. You can of course lightly sand/file/grind the outdrive hex but you can also put the gear on / take it off a few times and it'll free up nicely without using any tools.

As I mentioned however - simply letting the gear fall off under its own weight usually works.
Many thanks for your suggestion. I will try and advise if any question. Because it is really
seized on axle of outdrive & difficult to take it apart.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Battery Issue

Originally Posted by Yzlvr
If the batteries are 25mm tall they should fit. Also make sure the hold down is in the lower hole, makes it the tallest.. If the batteries are more than 25mm, they will not fit..
YZLVR,
Turns out you were right on the fix. I thought that I had the hold down in the lowest hole, I put the car together the way the book says, and they tell you to put in the bottom hole. This is because the car was originally designed for 23mm saddle pack due to fact that those were the ones on the market at the time. After construction if you look at the post you cannot even tell there is another hole. I went back through after reading your post and found it. The batteries now fit. So, short story long, thank you. For those that just put the car together this could also be an issue for you, so make sure you check that.
Sean
Old 09-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

With the new layout change, there's a large gap between the double that goes into a sweeper. On the downside of the double, you can pick up a ton of speed before heading into the sweeper.

Do swaybars help with high speed sweepers? My 'Dex handling is almost spot on, but I don't have much confidence in taking that sweeper fast (maybe because there's a brick wall there)
Old 09-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gene1219
With the new layout change, there's a large gap between the double that goes into a sweeper. On the downside of the double, you can pick up a ton of speed before heading into the sweeper.

Do swaybars help with high speed sweepers? My 'Dex handling is almost spot on, but I don't have much confidence in taking that sweeper fast (maybe because there's a brick wall there)
With the DEX I don't feel the need to use the rear sway bar. The suspension geometry handles high speed turns very well without them. Also the DEX is so narrow resulting in a lot less weight being transferred across from left to right. With my B44 I had to use it...

The only place I would consider using the rear sway bar in this area would be at Trackside. High bite Large Track
Old 09-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

With the DEX I don't feel the need to use the rear sway bar. The suspension geometry handles high speed turns very well without them. Also the DEX is so narrow resulting in a lot less weight being transferred across from left to right. With my B44 I had to use it...

The only place I would consider using the rear sway bar in this area would be at Trackside. High bite Large Track

I'm going to try and push the car harder in the turns on Sunday. I think it will be fine, as there really isn't much body roll or the inside wheels do not lift up.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sean.hicks.army
YZLVR,
Turns out you were right on the fix. I thought that I had the hold down in the lowest hole, I put the car together the way the book says, and they tell you to put in the bottom hole. This is because the car was originally designed for 23mm saddle pack due to fact that those were the ones on the market at the time. After construction if you look at the post you cannot even tell there is another hole. I went back through after reading your post and found it. The batteries now fit. So, short story long, thank you. For those that just put the car together this could also be an issue for you, so make sure you check that.
Sean
Cool, glad I could help..
Old 09-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
The 'plastic tubes' you mention are to go over the outdrives. They are for mounting up the rubber boots if you want to run those - but they also stop dirt getting into the bearings so it's a good idea to fit them even if you're not intending to run boots.
the plastic tube seems such a good idea in the dex410. i'm surprised they won't be on the v3?

also surprised that the outdrive boots are no longer provided. always thought they are a lot more useful than the shock shaft boots.

ah well .. no biggie.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I run on a high bite indoor clay track that is quite technical and a clay/ loam mixed open outdoor track. I bounce between the 1.3mm rear bar(paired with black front spring and lt green rear) and the 1.5mm rear bar(when running the dark blue front springs with lt green rear springs). I ran the front bar a couple times in testing but it quickly came off due to the lack of overall steering. The biggest difference with any of the handling tweaking I have found is diff oil, spring and swaybars. My current diff oils are 5k front and 1500 cst rear (mixed 1k +2k) with the 408 diff mod(I have found oil weights may need to be lighter than equivalent sub 10k diff weights because of the additional preload the orings put on the diff)

One big thing I found was getting rid of the front aluminum servo mount and the rest of the aluminum chassis bits frees up the car and makes it more consistent/ easier to drive. I would suggest having the rear bar set however, simply purchase some lundsford ti turnbuckles to save about 10 bucks.

hope this helps

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.