Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Ok thanks so the front will work but not the rear so have they made springs yet for the rear ?
Old 08-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
We need details. Diff oil,shock oil/springs, ride ht. camber links,etc etc......
19mm front and rear.
450 cts front 4x 1.4mm big bore pistons dark blue spring
350 cts rear 5x 1.3mm big bore pistons light blue spring

First thing that comes to mind is tires, are they the same as everyone else? Then if you run swaybars.
I run M3 calibers since that's our control tire. I'm running the car without any swaybars but I think I'll try a 1.3mm or 1.5mm swaybar in the rear with light green springs.

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
Tires make more difference than any other adjustment on the car. That is where you should start.
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
First post your setup. But I would look at a couple things, First is tires and inserts. They connect the car to the track. Ask the local fast guys what they run. If your not far off on that. I would throw on the 1* rear hubs for off the corner grip. Look at the front diff oil weight, drag brake, ditch the front swaybar if your running one, and look at front spring/ camber. If your running anything over 7k front get rid of it lol. If your struggling on entry keep in mind the motor drag from brushless is small and varies for each motor. Try adding some drag brake if the rest of your setup makes sense. Rake (front - rear rideheight) has a subtle influence too. So if your running the stock dark blues I might try black fronts with light green rear. But post up and we will go from there, OR it could be just trying to drive the car to deep in the corner and braking to hard to late... I had to adjust that coming from touring cars.. oh, and if the track is low grip I would definatly use the plastic rear chassis brace rather than the carbon brace.
I'm one of the fastest guys at our track. Most guys drive a slash or a Cougar/B4/B44. There's only 1 other guy with a Durango but that car is even doing worse.

I know I have a few options left to get car a little more planted on power. But my car is also lacking off power steering. I need more offpower steer and less on power steer.

Here's my curreny setup: http://cl.ly/9ldV

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
My local track is relatively low grip as well. It's clay with a BUNCH of dust on top and quite blown out as it's primarily a 1/8th nitro track. I set my DEX up with a Brian Kinwald setup from here:
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ce20110130.pdf

Only differences are that I run the plastic rear brace and big bore shocks, but otherwise it's the same setup and it is fantastic on our track. Great turn-in on corner entry but the back end stays put on the way out (unless I do something silly like pin it ).

Cheers,
Mike
Thanks! I'll have a look at it.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bronc4now
Ok thanks so the front will work but not the rear so have they made springs yet for the rear ?
Yes there's a spring kit. They're just not shared between the two cars.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
19mm front and rear.
450 cts front 4x 1.4mm big bore pistons dark blue spring
350 cts rear 5x 1.3mm big bore pistons light blue spring

I run M3 calibers since that's our control tire. I'm running the car without any swaybars but I think I'll try a 1.3mm or 1.5mm swaybar in the rear with light green springs.

I'm one of the fastest guys at our track. Most guys drive a slash or a Cougar/B4/B44. There's only 1 other guy with a Durango but that car is even doing worse.

I know I have a few options left to get car a little more planted on power. But my car is also lacking off power steering. I need more offpower steer and less on power steer.

Here's my curreny setup: http://cl.ly/9ldV

Thanks! I'll have a look at it.
Run the longest rear camber link, rear shock bottom all the way out. lt. green rear springs,1 deg hubs,-2/4 rear roll center, rear hubs forward, and raise ride ht. 1-2 mm and maybe loosen the slipper a bit. As for the front dark green or black springs, and run the shorter camber link same position. Good Luck...
Old 09-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Run the longest rear camber link, rear shock bottom all the way out. lt. green rear springs,1 deg hubs,-2/4 rear roll center, rear hubs forward, and raise ride ht. 1-2 mm and maybe loosen the slipper a bit. As for the front dark green or black springs, and run the shorter camber link same position. Good Luck...
Thanks! I'll try that.

I've been to a flowing high speed astro turf track today, which was bumpy. The damping was too hard for the track. I changed the shock oils and spring and it was eating the bumps
Old 09-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can get a custom vinyl skin for the Durango body?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was curious if anyone had any feedback comparing the DEX410 to the Shumacher Cat SxII/III?

I ask b/c I recently sold my cat SxII, and was looking to either get the new SxIII, but also am very interested in the Durango. So I am basically looking for peoples experience that have owned/or driven both cars, and some comparisons pro/cons of each. Reliability, handling, difficulty in setups, etc.

I do know some thought the Cat had reliability issues, and that it was delicate. It walso took alot fo tweeking to get it suited for "US style Tracks". HOwever, some have told me that the Durango has leaky differentials..

I race on hard Clay tracks so if that helps, etc. I am basically just looking for pro's and con's of each car.

thanks.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mdl060374
I was curious if anyone had any feedback comparing the DEX410 to the Shumacher Cat SxII/III?

I ask b/c I recently sold my cat SxII, and was looking to either get the new SxIII, but also am very interested in the Durango. So I am basically looking for peoples experience that have owned/or driven both cars, and some comparisons pro/cons of each. Reliability, handling, difficulty in setups, etc.

I do know some thought the Cat had reliability issues, and that it was delicate. It walso took alot fo tweeking to get it suited for "US style Tracks". HOwever, some have told me that the Durango has leaky differentials..

I race on hard Clay tracks so if that helps, etc. I am basically just looking for pro's and con's of each car.

thanks.

No more leaky diffs: http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...diff-seal-mod/

I find the durango to be very reliable, responds well to setup changes and easy to drive
Old 09-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

just build the diffs with some P5 O rings and they're perfectly fine, X rings suck
Old 09-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi i am thinking of getting a durango! I been looking through this thread but am little over whelmed. Its hard to find a dex410 so i was looking at the R. Amain has the r for$ 269.00 not bad. I don't want to waste money if i will be upgading to 410 parts.
1: should i wait for 410?
2: What 410 upgrades would i want?
3: what extras pinion,spur gear size, springs or other parts?
I want to have everything so i can assemble once and have the right tuning parts avalibale. Anything else anyone has for me please let me know. Thinking tekin rs pro w/7.5
thanks
Old 09-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default tyres

Hello guys i'm new here just started reading the forum.
I got a dex410r i just finished assembling it!
I was looking for few things for the car but couldn't find anything good,
any advice would be appreciated
what brand and where i can get good on-road tyres ?
and also battery for the car?

Thanks
Old 09-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Viewers Choice Awards for best 4x4 SCT!

Hi Guys and Gals,

Time to vote for the 2011 Best SCT 4x4...Show your support for Durango and vote!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/RCTVLI...5583287?ref=ts

Best Wishes,
Linda
Old 09-05-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silvap
Hello guys i'm new here just started reading the forum.
I got a dex410r i just finished assembling it!
I was looking for few things for the car but couldn't find anything good,
any advice would be appreciated
and also battery for the car?

Thanks
Hi !
Im very satisfied with the Intellect 5400mah 60C, and it was used by some drivers in the Worlds in Finland also, so I guess its ok.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Whats the stock spring that came with the big bore shocks?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Silvap

Thanks
There are a lot available but I like the proline dirt hawg for their "almost good everywhere" aspect.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDU13

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.