Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marc0
I already have them but not the tools to drill the pistons as i want to, to have a good setup for my favorite track.

If you have advice on BB setup for very high traction astro track, I am very interested in :-)
Why would you drill them any bigger. I already use the smallest hole pistons and they are almost to big.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Why would you drill them any bigger. I already use the smallest hole pistons and they are almost to big.
In Europe on very high traction carpet or Astro, we don't need pack at all, that's why we are using most of the time, less hole, but bigger, like 2 holes 1.7mm for the rear shocks, and 2x1.8 for the front...

If you have a good setup with the 6 holes pistons for this kind of track, I would test them !
Old 07-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a 410r ordered along with some extras. What springs are popular. I will be racing on an outdoor fairly packed clay surface with small to med. sized jumps.
Thanks,
Beau
Old 07-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by forja
Can anyone vouch for the strength and durability of the tresrey heavy duty hinge pins vs. the stock set. Does anyone know off hand what materials they are made of?

Jason
They work great. I've yet to bend one. Nitride coated also
Old 07-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Feijai
My LHS suggested that these are well designed and easy to build.. my sample isn't agreeing.

The all of the a-arm pivot balls are being difficult, they don't want to fit into the retaining aluminum bar. Even with a hammer, they're not really eager to be seated. I've swapped them all around trying for a perfect fit but none seem to want to go in.

Is this typical?
Please make sure you're not trying to seat the ball stud balls. The suspension pivot balls have NO threads and have a raised lip on one side. They should slide right in, no hammer!
Old 07-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dadaman
I had exactly the same problem. I went back to my importer who gave me a new packet and they all fitted with no issues. I believe that some runs were made a little to big. If they don't fit in nicely, they are faulty. Don't force them in. You will have a very, very hard time trying to get them out. Hopefully you have as good after sales support as we do in Australia.
Curious, how easy should those balls go in/out of the retaining sockets?

Wondering if I should polish the retaining bar or the ball heads..

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Please make sure you're not trying to seat the ball stud balls. The suspension pivot balls have NO threads and have a raised lip on one side. They should slide right in, no hammer!
Yeah, of the 8 ball pivots, 7 of them don't fit into the forward suspension stay holder thing. I'm going back to the LHS today.

Thanks again,
Old 07-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You should be able to easily push them in with your finger.

Has anyone else had the problem where the pin to hold the front wheel hex won't go into the hole in the axle because the hex won't sit down enough. I only have half a hole showing and the hex is fully pushed down snug up against the bearing.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

have you checked that your axle bearings are seated fully?.. sometimes its hard to tell by eye, but that .5mm makes all the difference..

You should be able to easily push them in with your finger.

Has anyone else had the problem where the pin to hold the front wheel hex won't go into the hole in the axle because the hex won't sit down enough. I only have half a hole showing and the hex is fully pushed down snug up against the bearing.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feijai
Curious, how easy should those balls go in/out of the retaining sockets?

Wondering if I should polish the retaining bar or the ball heads..

Yeah, of the 8 ball pivots, 7 of them don't fit into the forward suspension stay holder thing. I'm going back to the LHS today.

Thanks again,
That's a problem with the coating on the aluminum holders. I know over on the descr thread guys are using a dremel to remove some of the coating on the hinge pin retainer and they then go in fine.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shadows
have you checked that your axle bearings are seated fully?.. sometimes its hard to tell by eye, but that .5mm makes all the difference..
Yes. Boths side are seated in well. Both bearings are sitting flush with the hub.
I also have found that the rear pin is very loose when inserted into the axle hole. Gone from one extreme to the other.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Had the same problem on the 2009 spec. Had to sand them down. Not fun, but you do it once.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

The part I am having problem with is 310032. Do you really need it in there anyway? I have fitted the pin no worries without it.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Initiate

The part I am having problem with is 310032. Do you really need it in there anyway? I have fitted the pin no worries without it.
You'll damage the bearings when tightening the wheels without it.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Team Tekin

You can get away without it but understand that you must pay attention to not over load the bearings side load.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Yes. Boths side are seated in well. Both bearings are sitting flush with the hub.
I also have found that the rear pin is very loose when inserted into the axle hole. Gone from one extreme to the other.
Maybe you have the axles swapped from the front to the rear. They are different part #'s.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.