Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 05:56 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Konich
The stock bearings are junk so I would go through your driveline and check those. Justin runs the Tresrey bearing set and his car is one of the quitest 4wd's out there. Bearings are the cause for a lot of the noise on the Durango's.
Didnt he also say it was super quiet after he built it with the graphite chassis?

I love the car, but the noise is driving me crazy... reminds me of a tamiya mini.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korgae
Didnt he also say it was super quiet after he built it with the graphite chassis?

I love the car, but the noise is driving me crazy... reminds me of a tamiya mini.
Yes the chassis helps but stock bearings are very loud after they have been run in a bit. Make sure all your CVD's are well oiled as well, they can dry up fast causing a rough drive train.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Some snaps of my brother Will Tresrey equipped DEX410. CF chassis, rear hubs, hinge pins, servo saver, o-rings, red parts kit, center shafts, and body all by Tresrey. LRP SXX TC with Ballistic 7.5, futaba s9351, and M11X radio. Car is pretty dialed and more durable than stock form thanks to the great upgrades. Chassis was worth about a half second a lap on our indoor track.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I really appreciate the feedback on the drive train noise. It's comforting to know that this isn't an uncommon trait for this car. Like I said; I have the front and rear diffs shimmed darn near perfect and my input yoke/year has zero axial play. When I spun the diffs outside of the car they were incredibly smooth. With everything assembled and without the motor the car moves freely with no noticeable binding. But after putting everything back together, hooking my electronics up and testing it out on the stand; it sounded like it was going to rattle itself to pieces . However, once I put the car on the ground the noise is dissipated to some extent; it doesn't sound near as bad as on the stand. I suppose I'm just going to live with it and run it to see what happens.

Am I missing something in the manual or the TD website; I can't find gearing recommendations or starting points anywhere. The only hints I've found are on the set-up sheets posted on the TD web site. I started with a 19t pinion but I've seen several set-up sheets with the same motor size (6.5t) that are using a 21 or 22 pinion. Does anyone have any insigt on the internal drive ratios of the diffs so that I can calculate the appropriate FDR?

Thanks . . . Matt
Old 05-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Some snaps of my brother Will Tresrey equipped DEX410. CF chassis, rear hubs, hinge pins, servo saver, o-rings, red parts kit, center shafts, and body all by Tresrey. LRP SXX TC with Ballistic 7.5, futaba s9351, and M11X radio. Car is pretty dialed and more durable than stock form thanks to the great upgrades. Chassis was worth about a half second a lap on our indoor track.

Looks good!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wease
I really appreciate the feedback on the drive train noise. It's comforting to know that this isn't an uncommon trait for this car. Like I said; I have the front and rear diffs shimmed darn near perfect and my input yoke/year has zero axial play. When I spun the diffs outside of the car they were incredibly smooth. With everything assembled and without the motor the car moves freely with no noticeable binding. But after putting everything back together, hooking my electronics up and testing it out on the stand; it sounded like it was going to rattle itself to pieces . However, once I put the car on the ground the noise is dissipated to some extent; it doesn't sound near as bad as on the stand. I suppose I'm just going to live with it and run it to see what happens.

Am I missing something in the manual or the TD website; I can't find gearing recommendations or starting points anywhere. The only hints I've found are on the set-up sheets posted on the TD web site. I started with a 19t pinion but I've seen several set-up sheets with the same motor size (6.5t) that are using a 21 or 22 pinion. Does anyone have any insigt on the internal drive ratios of the diffs so that I can calculate the appropriate FDR?

Thanks . . . Matt
My old car was really loud on the stand too and quite on the track...grease the diff gears too, if you haven't.

That gearing is about right, depends on which 6.5 you are running too as well as the esc and if you are running timing or not (should not be running timing with a 6.5)
Old 05-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Guys, I am in the middle of the rebuild. I was going to use new gearbox cases. Upon assembling them I notice a mass amount of play when I did this. The pinion would rock up and down when I put pressure on it. Almost as if the bearings were to small in dia. So I switched back to the old gear cases and they were mint. I wonder if this was what was causing all those blown diff gears? Brand new out of the package. Maybe bought them for spares about 6 months ago. Just some food for thought.....
Old 05-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes, I had a loose housing at one point also.

In regards to the loud car. Shimming is critical. My car is whisper quite and no louder than a B44,etc. Most of the TD cars I see the rear dogbone rubs on the battery hold down. Mine did this so I simply dremeled some relief into it.

I agree with the others, the stock bearings aren't the best. I've had great luck with the Tresrey kit as well as Avid's.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Great thread so far !!! Awesome info. What options/upgrades would you suggest for a 410R ??? I am getting one soon and would like to get the upgrades before I get the car.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamminjim
Great thread so far !!! Awesome info. What options/upgrades would you suggest for a 410R ??? I am getting one soon and would like to get the upgrades before I get the car.
Tresrey rear hubs and servo saver are a must. Also the p5 o-rings. If you ever bend your shock towers get some cf versions- the Tresrey ones have extra holes for more adjustment options. As said above, when your bearings need replacement get some upgraded ones. My younger brother's car is equipped with nearly the entire Tresrey catalog and I have been very impressed with everything- you seriously will not be disappointed.

Also the rear aluminum diff holders are worth the investment. They strengthen the entire rear bulkhead and decrease the possibility of breaking it in a hard crash.

Last edited by Jonny5; 05-27-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was running a Novak 7.5 in my DEX 410 spec but my Tekin RS was over heating and shutting down. Today I put a Novak 10.5 in it and I was running just as fast with the spedo turned up a bit. Actually I turned a .10 faster lap time. One of the fastest laps if not THE fastest lap at my track.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Old 05-28-2011, 03:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The drivetrain noise is definitely mostly stock bearings. I have one 410 with stock bearings, one with avid bearings and a TRF 502x with the 410 gear diffs in it. The one with stock bearings is loud and it has the Tresrey carbon fiber chassis. The 410 with stock chassis and avid bearings is the same as the TRF 502x.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Finally got to try out my big bores tonight. I have to say it did make a difference. I also was running the stock springs that came with them. I just picked up the black/lt. Green combo tonight. I will also try them to see if they are better. 1.2 stock pistons F/R and 35/25 Losi oil. Also changed my diffs from 7/5 to 5/3. Seemed to help take some twitch out. Anybody else have any new big bore info?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Big Bores

I wanna try the big bores but can't find the fronts anywhere but HRP, and I refuse to pay for ridiculous shipping. Where did you get yours?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.