Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyl03
now .. that's REALLY neat! i like it
where do you hide all the wires - servo, speedie, transponder? :confused
hahaha lol.... its all hiding in plain sight!!!
The wire coming off the ESC has been minimized in length, and I mean BARE minimum, then shrink wraped and plugged into the receiver. Its about an inch and a bit long and you can see the black shrink wrap just between the motor leads and the battery leads.
The servo lead can be seen in black shrink wrap coming from the front. it fits nicely between the esc and receiver and comes out the back and up into the receiver.
The transponder lead is right there. you really can't miss it in the photo. also shrink wrapped.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Big Bore feedback needed! Im currently running 35w oil and the light green/dark green springs and standard pistons. What would be close to this with the big bores? Thanks for any help!
Old 05-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
Big Bore feedback needed! Im currently running 35w oil and the light green/dark green springs and standard pistons. What would be close to this with the big bores? Thanks for any help!
I am wondering myself. I have them but not sure on how to build them yet. I'm also still waiting on my springs. I think I am going to build them with the middle piston and 25wt oil and go from there. Good luck and let me know as well.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Built my big bores today. I used the 1.2mm piston since this is the smallest. Plus all the setup sheets I saw so far were the same way. I am going to use the same oil and spring rates,that I have been using to gauge. I am also going to run the shocks back to back to see if I can tell the difference. I will post some results.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

New skin by Rcallstickers here

http://www.buggies.it/portal/archives/3942

Old 05-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What speed controls are you guys running? Space is very tight in these cars and I want to see what speed controls fit easily in the car.
Thanks
Old 05-21-2011, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Tekin RS Pro
Old 05-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jamminjim
What speed controls are you guys running? Space is very tight in these cars and I want to see what speed controls fit easily in the car.
Thanks
ORCA Vritra Pro, Spektrum SR3500. It fits, just.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jamminjim
Thanks
I've fit both an RS Pro and an LRP SXX without problems. The tekin is a better fit though.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I run a Tresrey (SP) 2.0 Pro. You can get a pretty large ESC in there but the stock body will hit if you have a fan mounted. Tresrey and Azarashi make bodies with a little more room.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I finally got my DEX410R up and running this evening. I've been sorting out some issues from the previous owner and had to order new electronics that fit in the buggy. I went with a Tekin RS Pro and a Spektrum SR3500 Micro receiver. The ESC and Rx fit perfectly on the mounting pad. I also bought 4mm bullet connectors for the saddle pack that allow you to run the wires at a 90 degree angle. When I was trying to use the regular stand up connectors, the body was hitting the wires. With the wires laid down the body clears everything pretty well. I think I'm still going to get one of the aftermarket bodies that allow even more clearance. My deans connector and battery wires have to be pushed down for the body to fit and it bugs me.

I've gone through the front and rear diffs with a fine tooth comb. I have the input yoke and gear tightened very well so there is zero axial play. I've shimmed the diffs a million different ways until I found the best possible combination. The diffs are extremely smooth and quiet when spun by hand, but I wouldn't say they are perfect. The one thing that bothers me is the noise in the drive line when assembled all togehter. I don't think its coming from the front or rear diffs. It's relatively quiet when running on the ground, but when holding the buggy off the ground everything seems so loud. I think much of the noise is coming from the center slipper assembly. It just sounds loose and clackity (if that's a word). Is there something else I should be checking, or does this sound normal for this vehicle?

What is a good gearing start for the stock 87 tooth spur and a 6.5t brushless motor. I took a guess and started with a 19 tooth pinion, but I have a feeling that might be geared a bit low.

Thanks in advance . . . Matt
Old 05-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The stock bearings are junk so I would go through your driveline and check those. Justin runs the Tresrey bearing set and his car is one of the quitest 4wd's out there. Bearings are the cause for a lot of the noise on the Durango's.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the heads-up on the esc's guys. It will help me decide what to get in the long run. I may end up going Tekin. Ran those exclusively for years back in the early days. LOL I was glad to see them resurface a few years back.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wease
I finally got my DEX410R up and running this evening. I've been sorting out some issues from the previous owner and had to order new electronics that fit in the buggy. I went with a Tekin RS Pro and a Spektrum SR3500 Micro receiver. The ESC and Rx fit perfectly on the mounting pad. I also bought 4mm bullet connectors for the saddle pack that allow you to run the wires at a 90 degree angle. When I was trying to use the regular stand up connectors, the body was hitting the wires. With the wires laid down the body clears everything pretty well. I think I'm still going to get one of the aftermarket bodies that allow even more clearance. My deans connector and battery wires have to be pushed down for the body to fit and it bugs me.

I've gone through the front and rear diffs with a fine tooth comb. I have the input yoke and gear tightened very well so there is zero axial play. I've shimmed the diffs a million different ways until I found the best possible combination. The diffs are extremely smooth and quiet when spun by hand, but I wouldn't say they are perfect. The one thing that bothers me is the noise in the drive line when assembled all togehter. I don't think its coming from the front or rear diffs. It's relatively quiet when running on the ground, but when holding the buggy off the ground everything seems so loud. I think much of the noise is coming from the center slipper assembly. It just sounds loose and clackity (if that's a word). Is there something else I should be checking, or does this sound normal for this vehicle?

What is a good gearing start for the stock 87 tooth spur and a 6.5t brushless motor. I took a guess and started with a 19 tooth pinion, but I have a feeling that might be geared a bit low.

Thanks in advance . . . Matt
I know your pain! That's the only thing I hate about this car, it's noisy. I too am in the middle of a rebuild and noticed just the motor and center diff in the car, how noisy it is. I think it has to do with the aluminum mounts on the aluminum chassis. It just transfers the sound right through it. As long as it's free with no binding I will have to get used to it. I sure alot has to do with all the metal drivetrain as well, but I think this car may be louder than my Losi-E's........
Old 05-27-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default for sale

Just to let everyone know, I have my Durango up for sale.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...2010-spec.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.