Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

FYI - I'm selling my DEX410R. I'm going to miss it but I'm running all Kyosho stuff now so there's no point in keeping it. It's only been run a few times and is nearly brand new.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...es-wheels.html
Old 04-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Does anyone know when the big bores will start shipping? I put an order in with my LHS last week. Thanks!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Does anyone know when the big bores will start shipping? I put an order in with my LHS last week. Thanks!
A friend of mine was running them this weekend at SmacTrac. They are very nice!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:26 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

Losi 22 Big Bore Shocks

on the grape vine rumour has it people are fitting them to their 410's

that correct?

if so are you using Losi or TD BB springs?

post your finding so far if you've run them
Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default Nice Durango for Sale with a "Hobbyshop of Parts"

Car with a fair number of parts and tires:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...rts-tires.html

Parts lots 1-6 (no, this is not a typo). I hate DNF's, and had no local hobbyshop support
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ots-1-6-a.html

PM me if interested. Please indicate which lot you are wanting.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I would like a few things.Thanks....
Old 05-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wondering if anyone has made a conversion to run 14mm hex instead of the pins and little hex? i tried searching but came up empty.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Big bores

Anyone have a good starting setup for the big bore shocks yet thanks
Old 05-11-2011, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by leongkc
Just curious, how many of you apply threadlock to your wheel nuts?

At my track, it seems like this it is a common problem that the nut will back off, and next you know, the rango is now a three wheeler. Hence, the guys often threadlocked their wheel nuts before practices and runs.

Do you guys have a better solution than this?
this might help you solved your problem as well You can get it locally as well.

hong-nor-ultra-safe-4mm-locking-wheel-nut/
Old 05-11-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CFR
Losi 22 Big Bore Shocks

on the grape vine rumour has it people are fitting them to their 410's

that correct?

if so are you using Losi or TD BB springs?

post your finding so far if you've run them
they are coming out with their own big bores. they come standard on the new short course too. they are releasing in between june and august
Old 05-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotdognobun
they are coming out with their own big bores. they come standard on the new short course too. they are releasing in between june and august
There already out. Losi parts house had several sets a week or so ago. Out of stock now

TDR230004 fronts TDR230005 rears
Old 05-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Two questions

I also own a DESC410R so I'm very familiar with building & shimming the durango diffs as well as making sure the input gear and yokes have no play.

So I buy a used DEX410R from a member on here who I shall leave un-named. The buggy looked great on the outside, but upon inspecting the rear diff the big gear on the diff was shredded with several missing teeth and many half ground down. The inside of the gear case looked like gold sludge. There was a ton of axial play on the input shaft/gear which is the likely culprit. I should leave the guy negative feedback because the damage wasn't in the description. I suppose it serves me right because I PM'd him with questions and got no response but I bought the car anyway. A relatively cheap fix and I happened to have a complete spare diff laying in my toolbox for the DESC410R.

However, no matter what combination of shims I try I can't get the rear diff to be silent and completely smooth. The input gear doesn't "look" worn, but could it be worn given how bad the diff gear was shredded? Should I just buy a new input gear or am I missing another technique?

Secondly I'm looking for recommendations on the smallest best quality ESC they make. Man the real-estate in this buggy is ridiculously small. I tried to install a spare Novak GTB and Spektrum gray case Rx and while I can get the electronics to fit in the chassis, they're just too tall to get the body on the car. The only way I could fit the Spektrum gray box Rx was to stand it on end, but between the wires & big azzed capacitor on the GTB and the receiver standing on end, the body just won't fit. I'm stuck with Spektrum so I know I need to get an SR3500 micro receiver, but what ESC will work and fit the best? Tekin RS Pro, LRP, etc.?

Thanks in advance . . . Matt
Old 05-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Replace the gear and also pick up a few spare gear box cases. When I rebuild my diffs I always switch gear box halfs to get a pair that just fits right. Take your time and make sure everything is within a good tolerance as far as free play, etc. It takes a little more time but to this day I've never had a chipped ring gear or any real diff problems. Just rutine maintenance to freshen them up every couple of weeks.

The Tresrey Gainabull bodies provide more room for bigger ESC's. I've ran the LRP TC Spec before the Tresrey ESC's were released. I think your better off getting the smallest spectrum reciever and just take your time to make your install nice and tidy

Last edited by Konich; 05-14-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wease
....Secondly I'm looking for recommendations on the smallest best quality ESC they make. Man the real-estate in this buggy is ridiculously small. I tried to install a spare Novak GTB and Spektrum gray case Rx and while I can get the electronics to fit in the chassis, they're just too tall to get the body on the car.......
I hate to toot my own horn here, but I think I have one of the cleanest setups you can put together.

A Castle Mamba Max and 5700 motor with a Spektrum 3520 receiver and a standard AMB transponder that got too much abuse in a nitro car and had the mounting tabs cut off. You could also get even more space by using one of the modern little transponders. Most importantly, ditch the plastic plate that you're supposed to mount everything to. Its impossible to mount stuff nicely to that plate, and it buckles. The body fits over beautifully and does not contact a single piece of wiring or electronics.
Although I haven't tried to fit one yet, I'm certain I can mount a fan to the heatsink on the ESC and still clear everything. Theres still about 4mm between the ESC and the motor, and I left that space intentionally to fit a fan in the future.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

now .. that's REALLY neat! i like it
where do you hide all the wires - servo, speedie, transponder?

wease - i've got an RSPro with a grey spektrum RX, like yourself. speedie fits easily, RX not and just like you said, it's standing on its end. that's why an SR3500 is on its way

btw .. preview of some carbon fibre madness, by UK's Atomic Carbon, from oople :-

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.