Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NZracer07
Hi everybody ive just got myself a 410 and started to put the radio gear in,savox servos in,tekin7.5 sitting in there,cant work out how to fit the tekin rs pro/spektrum receiver and a fan?anybody have ideas?photos?any help would be great thanks.
I've got a similar set up. Rs pro oriented with posts on the outside, close to the spur. Spektrum rx mounted on it's side, perpendicular to the rs pro. Wires tugged under the shaft. Motor solder tabs on the inside.No fan though
Old 04-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wyl03
I've got a similar set up. Rs pro oriented with posts on the outside, close to the spur. Spektrum rx mounted on it's side, perpendicular to the rs pro. Wires tugged under the shaft. Motor solder tabs on the inside.No fan though
Sweet thanks for that,is a fan not needed with a rs pro?we run out doors and 6 min heats.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Just curious, how many of you apply threadlock to your wheel nuts?

At my track, it seems like this it is a common problem that the nut will back off, and next you know, the rango is now a three wheeler. Hence, the guys often threadlocked their wheel nuts before practices and runs.

Do you guys have a better solution than this?
Old 04-25-2011, 01:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by leongkc

At my track, it seems like this it is a common problem that the nut will back off, and next you know, the rango is now a three wheeler. Hence, the guys often threadlocked their wheel nuts before practices and runs.

I use Kyoshos serrated wheel nuts (they are steel). I think Tresrey has a set in alu. Never have a problem with the nuts coming lose since I started using the serrated wheel nuts!

Last edited by big n; 04-25-2011 at 01:33 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-25-2011, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Traxxas also makes serrated wheel nuts. They're a bit cheaper and you can probably find them at your LHS. I use their blue ones on my K cars.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

The durango wheel nuts are serrated. If these fall off you didnt have it tight enough to begin with possibly?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ock-Nut-Set-10
Old 04-25-2011, 03:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
The durango wheel nuts are serrated. If these fall off you didnt have it tight enough to begin with possibly?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ock-Nut-Set-10
That's what the guys have been using.
What they're telling me, is from the onset, it is fine. But with greater wear on the rims, they tend to back off.....
Old 04-25-2011, 04:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

That's what the guys have been using.
What they're telling me, is from the onset, it is fine. But with greater wear on the rims, they tend to back off.....
I use them on my Losi 22, Losi SCTE, and my daughters 2wd Slash and i have yet to have one fall off. That is kind of odd but then again i have saw some Durangos lose wheels lately
Old 04-25-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
I use them on my Losi 22, Losi SCTE, and my daughters 2wd Slash and i have yet to have one fall off. That is kind of odd but then again i have saw some Durangos lose wheels lately
wasnt mine.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

With the Durango wheel nut, the nylon seems to wear out rather quickly and allows them to back off. I replace mine every few months or so. As others have suggested you can use other manufacture's.

Once one of them has fallen off, it needs to be ditched. I learned this the "hard way" even though I tightened them in "meathead mode".
Old 04-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NZracer07
Sweet thanks for that,is a fan not needed with a rs pro?we run out doors and 6 min heats.
I have my fan mounted to my body right under the vent with a couple of zip ties. The wire is long enough for me to plug it in/out before mounting/dismounting the body. You can only see the zip ties (still kinda ghetto looking). Since it gets fresh air from the vent the cool air keeps the esc a lot cooler now....Ghetto, but works and beats cooking a $200 rs pro!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1day
I have my fan mounted to my body right under the vent with a couple of zip ties. The wire is long enough for me to plug it in/out before mounting/dismounting the body. You can only see the zip ties (still kinda ghetto looking). Since it gets fresh air from the vent the cool air keeps the esc a lot cooler now....Ghetto, but works and beats cooking a $200 rs pro!
Gonna bring those ghetto cars to the track this weekend? I may make it for the first time in a while.

Last edited by ABBOTT; 04-26-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1day
Thanks for the good idea,ill look in to giving that a go,frees up some room aswell.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
Gonna bring those ghetto cars to the track this weekend? I may make it for the first time in a while.
I will try to make it. Was going to be there last weekend but the weather held me back.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

I'm selling my Dex410r, race three times and the class isn't big enough in my area.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...s-dex410r.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.