Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
I must be the only guy on the planet who never had an issue with the kit bearings. Mine lasted forever it seemed. As the slowly went out I replaced them with a cheep set of Yeah Racing ones from ebay. Which have alos been outstanding.

I still to this day have a few kit bearings on my car. And they still spin perfectly.
Same here, the bearings arrived from china and they're holding up well.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default DEX410r prob.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ngo-410-a.html
please refer to this sight and see my problem. My cell is 208 521 8651 as well to if you need anything
Old 02-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm looking at my setup, versus everyone elses...

I haven't drilled my pistons to 1.3mm like everyone else, but I'm using lighter shock oils.

Will I gain anything going to a larger holed piston and thicker oils, or should I keep doing what I'm doing?
Old 02-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aradaiel

I haven't drilled my pistons to 1.3mm like everyone else, but I'm using lighter shock oils.

Will I gain anything going to a larger holed piston and thicker oils, or should I keep doing what I'm doing?
Larger hole pistons will give the shocks less pack, will soak up small bumps easier. Smaller hole piston give you more pack, better for tracks with big jumps.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I tried the larger hole setup front and rear. But since returned to stock at my track. I run 25 front and 27.5 rear losi oil.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by grapejuice
Larger hole pistons will give the shocks less pack, will soak up small bumps easier. Smaller hole piston give you more pack, better for tracks with big jumps.
Interesting, I'd like to try it just to compare.

I'm running losi 30F, 25R. If I bore them out to 1.3 what oil should I be at, ballpark?

Up about 5 each?
Old 02-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

Interesting, I'd like to try it just to compare.

I'm running losi 30F, 25R. If I bore them out to 1.3 what oil should I be at, ballpark?

Up about 5 each?
Yeah, generally about 5 wt. per hole size. With my set up, drilled to 55's (about the same as 1.3mm) I ran losi 35F and 30R.

You run at IR/CR, I'm assuming? What tires are you guys running? I will be there for April's, been the past two years and just ran pinks but the compound lately has changed a bit with the new Cali laws. Looking at running PL MC's.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mattythegreat
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ngo-410-a.html
please refer to this sight and see my problem. My cell is 208 521 8651 as well to if you need anything

I've PM'd you asking for your details, of course we'll sort this out for you asap.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default New to the DEX410

Does anyone out there have a good setup for a Durango DEX410? I just got one on a great deal. Now I want to go through it and set it up to run but have never messed with a 4wd buggy and could use all the pointers I can get. It has a Tekin RS pro ESC with a 7.5T brushless. I'm running a Airtronics M8 with the Spektrum module. I also have a Savox steering servo in it. I am putting Proline Suburbs (Soft) on it for the indoor track I run at.

This is what I'd like to know.

Shock Oil
Spring rate
Ride height
why does it nose down in the air after I hit the jump
Will Stabilizers help? If so, which stabilizer's to use

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There's not that many of these cars at the local track otherwise I would seek help from them also.

Thanks
Bob
Old 02-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I ran the DEX410 for the first time this weekend and all I can say is "WOW!!".
The car performed better than I had hoped. After reading in this forum about the possiblity that the car is fragile and also because it was a shake down run, I took it very easy the first race. The car finished the race with no problems. After each race I made a minor setup change and when I went out again I drove a little more aggresively. By the end of the night I was averaging almost a full second per lap faster than I was with my HB D4. Everyone at the track was very interested to see how the car would run (it was the first Durango at our track) and I think after seeing it run a few people are considering getting one.

I had zero failures the whole night and everyone commented on how quiet the car is even thought it is shaft drive with gear diffs. I'm going to pull the diffs out and check to see how well I got them sealed up... other than that I don't seem to need to do anything to it at all maintenance wise.

Two things stand out in my mind as initial impressions about the car...
1. The car responded well to the minor changes I made in the setup during the night. I could make changes to the D4 and usually I couldn't tell for sure if the car responded or not.
2. The car jumped extremely well. I'm sure that's where I lowered my lap times. It was also very easy to control it's attitude while in the air with the throttle.

Excellent car!! Money well spent!!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone out there have a good setup for a Durango DEX410? I just got one on a great deal. Now I want to go through it and set it up to run but have never messed with a 4wd buggy and could use all the pointers I can get. It has a Tekin RS pro ESC with a 7.5T brushless. I'm running a Airtronics M8 with the Spektrum module. I also have a Savox steering servo in it. I am putting Proline Suburbs (Soft) on it for the indoor track I run at.

This is what I'd like to know.

Shock Oil
Spring rate
Ride height
why does it nose down in the air after I hit the jump
Will Stabilizers help? If so, which stabilizer's to use

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There's not that many of these cars at the local track otherwise I would seek help from them also.

Thanks
Bob
What type of indoor track? Clay, loose dirt, high bite..? Can't really give you a starting point without knowing what you run on.
Nose down, what springs are on it now? Are the collars in the rear turn way down? Are you letting off to early? I had no issues with the car nosing off jumps even after I would switch between the brass skid and plastic skid.

Spring rates:
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...Comparison.pdf

Setups: Look at a few that match your track and get a base going, then if need be make adjustments.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX410.html
Old 02-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
What type of indoor track? Clay, loose dirt, high bite..? Can't really give you a starting point without knowing what you run on.
Nose down, what springs are on it now? Are the collars in the rear turn way down? Are you letting off to early? I had no issues with the car nosing off jumps even after I would switch between the brass skid and plastic skid.

Spring rates:
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...Comparison.pdf

Setups: Look at a few that match your track and get a base going, then if need be make adjustments.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX410.html
Well, the track is hard packed clay. Tire to run at the track is Jconcepts Barcodes in Green and they have to have the tread clipped.

Springs are Blue. I don't believe they are light blue. Spring collars are set High, not at the top but about 3/8" down. It is possible that I am letting off the gas too early.
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-2011-02-23-05.57.40.jpg  
Old 02-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Wanting to replace the ballstuds on my dex410 and remember some were using the hot bodies.anybody have the part #'s for them?I tried searching but the search didn't bring up anything.I don't have time to search every page in this thread to find the part #'s.My car has the tresrey aluminum hubs if that makes a difference.TIA
Old 02-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Is anyone else having problems with blowing out bearings in the rear hubs? I run on med/high traction track with alot of on power left handers. I seem to always blow the right rear bearings out. I also have the newer black spacer in there as well. The Tresery rear hubs come with larger bearings correct? Lmk what you guys think. Thanks
Old 02-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yes they come with 5x13 instead of the stock 5x10.Should last a lot longer than the originals.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.