Search
Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default REAPER

U still a durango guy right dont sell out bro i belive great things r coming i see u r using JC rims no MODS did u just bolt the on thanks
Old 02-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitman72
U still a durango guy right dont sell out bro i belive great things r coming i see u r using JC rims no MODS did u just bolt the on thanks
I wont be selling my Durango. No way

The JC rears need shorter axle pins. Other than that they bolt right up
Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
I wont be selling my Durango. No way

The JC rears need shorter axle pins. Other than that they bolt right up
Reaper bleeds Rango thru and thru....he aint going anywhere
Old 02-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

I finally took the plunge and ordered myself the 410r, at our track they rule and apart the servo saver seem to be nearly unbreakable. I used to be among the fastest buggies with my tt, but now there are 3 durangos and they turn circles around me. Noone is having any issues with pins or whatever, all probably the newer kits correctly assembled, the only thing is the constant need of ball bearings and front tire wear, though bar codes seem to hold up forever. The fastest guy used to break his k-car fs2 every other run on the rather difficult big jump (brittle front end), now he always finishes his battery back every single time.
As i saw in the last posts there is no common opinion on the rear weights, i'll have to see, doent it nose dive a little without? Furthermore will there be a problem to fit in the standard spektrum receiver next to a lrp tc spec2?
I'm looking forward to the assembly of this little beauty, just need to stock up on ball bearings (any cheap durable ones?)!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

I must be the only guy on the planet who never had an issue with the kit bearings. Mine lasted forever it seemed. As the slowly went out I replaced them with a cheep set of Yeah Racing ones from ebay. Which have alos been outstanding.

I still to this day have a few kit bearings on my car. And they still spin perfectly.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default R-E-A-P-E-R

hey man could u please look at this track video its our home track and was wondering if u could give me a starting setup thanks www.rcgears.net
Old 02-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

The outdoor track?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

yep
Old 02-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

That track is about as opposite as possibly could be from where I have been running mine. I will be playing outside with mine as soon as it warms up but I dont think I could offer much as far as setup goes. At least not on a track like that.

I would always start with the kit setup as a base.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

finally took the plunge and ordered myself the 410r, at our track they rule and apart the servo saver seem to be nearly unbreakable. I used to be among the fastest buggies with my tt, but now there are 3 durangos and they turn circles around me. Noone is having any issues with pins or whatever, all probably the newer kits correctly assembled, the only thing is the constant need of ball bearings and front tire wear, though bar codes seem to hold up forever. The fastest guy used to break his k-car fs2 every other run on the rather difficult big jump (brittle front end), now he always finishes his battery back every single time.
As i saw in the last posts there is no common opinion on the rear weights, i'll have to see, doent it nose dive a little without? Furthermore will there be a problem to fit in the standard spektrum receiver next to a lrp tc spec2?
I'm looking forward to the assembly of this little beauty, just need to stock up on ball bearings (any cheap durable ones?)!
No nose diving at all. When I took off the brass skid and put the stock plastic back on I did not change anything else and it jumped just fine.

You can get the 3100 reciever in next to the lrp but you might have to lay the reciever on its side depending on how you do your layout. This is a pretty good thread to look through for ideas.
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31939
Old 02-25-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Are they not 24.7mm tall like Horizon claims ?
Old 02-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

I'm tellin you a wedged it in my car and the strap isn't even close to closing on top of it. It doesn't fit...
Old 02-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitman72
hey man could u please look at this track video its our home track and was wondering if u could give me a starting setup thanks www.rcgears.net
Take a look on here: http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX410.html

Lots of set-up sheets to look at, I would look at the "dirt" section and go off weather your track is low, medium or high bit.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey fellow 410 owners can you take a look at the two pics I attached. One is the rear where the diff sits nicely in the round driveshaft retainer thing? In the front, the diff is not seated in the round piece where the driveshaft passes through. Is it supposed to be seated in it? The front diff seems like it is seated fine, but looks of more of an angle upwards. Thanks in advance. Sorry about the pictures not being rotated. They were fine when I took them.
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-rc1.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-rc2.jpg  
Old 02-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xrider
Hey fellow 410 owners can you take a look at the two pics I attached. One is the rear where the diff sits nicely in the round driveshaft retainer thing? In the front, the diff is not seated in the round piece where the driveshaft passes through. Is it supposed to be seated in it? The front diff seems like it is seated fine, but looks of more of an angle upwards. Thanks in advance. Sorry about the pictures not being rotated. They were fine when I took them.

Yes the front diff casing should sit in the loop - you might need to push on the hoop with a finger or screwdriver at the same time as you push the front diff into place to make sure it sits over correctly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.