Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
If u are open minded to "new" ideas then the rango is as new as you get as far as a 4w 1/10th goes. And your line of thinking is flawed in so many ways. You say "I mean, if it did make a difference, or was of a significant advantage, there would be alot more gear diffed zx5's, b44's, D4's out there." How is that true in any way? Just because the majority decides NOT to run gear diffs doesnt mean its better or of any significant adavantage either. And who exactly set in stone that a ball diff makes a car handle better? Certain things work with certain cars that wont work on other cars. Im sure when they tested this car before production, and it was very extensive, they figured A) easier to maintainand run in a variety of outdoor as well as indoor surfaces. Mainly the outdoor blown out crappy tracks that would almost certainly destroy a ball diff, whereas the gear diff is sealed and enclosed which doesnt diminish performance due to dirt accumulation as you run. B) Easier to tune via the use of oils instead of looking for the right setting i.e. loose/tight in a ball diff. C) Tougher. With the exception of the early ring gear issue we had thats been rectified, I have been running the same gears since I bought the car in the early summer of 2010. See how long you have to go before a ball diff rebuild involving balls, diff rings, thrust bearings set screws and more. And what indication does someone with less experience, per say, have that the diff is in bad shape let alone having built and set it right to begin with? Whereas with the gear diff, if you open it up and somethings wrong you can see it plainly as you change oils. D) Consistency You know how your car will react with a certain oil combo. True the oil tends to break down as you use it but you know for the most part that after a days racing oils must change and you are back where you started and will achieve the same exact performance, where with a ball diff, lets say you rebuild it and then tighten it all up again, who's to say that you tightened it the same amount you did prior to taking it apart? Will your performance be the same or will it change? As long as I have control of my oils, I know what my car will do.

With that said, 8th scale nitro and electric offroaders still use gear diffs and for good reason. They stand up to harsh conditions and not so harsh conditions and are very predictable. I love knowing that I can throw my car down on the grimiest track and still come off it with no problems, and I have done that. The first time I drove the thing it was in the worst possible conditions and my diffs came off just the way they went in. I ran 2 ball diff cars on that surface and barely finished a day each time with out having to rebuild the diffs or clean them out each time I wanted to go back out. In offroad bro....it just makes sense. This is forward thinking. Whats worked in the past wont always work, so embrace the car for what it is and how easy it makes life, otherwise join the rest of the herd and run another car. If you were to buy a ferrari, would u strip its diffs and suspension for something else? And if so why did you even bother buying it in the first place?
Well said tony and + 12355809866532146799974321356789000974211345677890 990
Old 02-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default loose outdrives

okay how do i take all the slop out of the diffs and do u have to run the boots on the cvd traded my b44.1 now just taking car apart and re-building it thanks
Old 02-19-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Your going to have to be a bit more specific about this slop your talking about. Well be more than happy to help but I want to make sure we are on the same page first...
Old 02-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrider
Well, I wanted to get the body painted. Don't think I can get Michael to do it in time for Bigfoot. I'll try.

I probably won't be able to wait. It will be here Monday. Ok, time to start yanking everything out of the B44.1.
Did you buy new or used? R or spec? The car would still be sexy with a "rattle can" paint job so just order an extra bod. When cutting it out cut below the designated line so you can use velcro. Call me if you have questions.

Last edited by rfleck; 02-19-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have to agree with that. I have seen quite a few single color Durangos are they have all looked good. The lid just has good lines and its really small. So it just works.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
I have to agree with that. I have seen quite a few single color Durangos are they have all looked good. The lid just has good lines and its really small. So it just works.
Ran it in an all black metallic up until now and it looked great ...
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-img_2150.jpg  
Old 02-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default HB Tires

Ok guys, I just received a set of pink HB Beams and Fullslot fronts. Ive heard you all rave about them and I decided to give them a go. If they feel anything like the prolines Ill keep them. Running them with proline inserts. Will keep you guys posted on what I think of them.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default Diff slop

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
Your going to have to be a bit more specific about this slop your talking about. Well be more than happy to help but I want to make sure we are on the same page first...
Sorry about that when I'm holding the diff where the drive cups come out thief seems to be slop in the diff case or mabey the o-rings r worn out not to sure I race 1/8 scale and never seen this kinda slop in the diffs where the drve cups come out thanks hope I explained it better
Old 02-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
Did you buy new or used? R or spec? The car would still be sexy with a "rattle can" paint job so just order an extra bod. When cutting it out cut below the designated line so you can use velcro. Call me if you have questions.
I bought new, 2010 spec. I did order up an extra body so I'll hit it with a rattle can for now. Thanks for the tip on cutting out the body. The only other thing I can think of is if with the newer kits if using the OE x-rings in the diff is cool now. I did order some Kyosho P5's with the body and a few other extras. I figured I'd go ahead with those instead. Ron can you email me a base setup for our track? [email protected].
Old 02-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Ran it in an all black metallic up until now and it looked great ...
Very stealthy. I'll have to hit mine with a bright color so I can see it. Eyes aren't the best anymore.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xrider
Very stealthy. I'll have to hit mine with a bright color so I can see it. Eyes aren't the best anymore.
Ya it is but the pipes at my track are also black so its not the best being that camouflaged lol.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

My Tresrey car build is pretty much complete, just waiting on a few more parts and the electronics! http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post8679192
Old 02-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
My Tresrey car build is pretty much complete, just waiting on a few more parts and the electronics! http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post8679192
u got pm
Old 02-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

hey got my durango friday just wondering what bearing kit should i buy. Also do the diff caes wear out were the drive yoke goes into the case do u have to run the boots on this car or not im a maintence freak and they look to be more of a pain in the a$$ thanks. Also can i use ASC ball cups and AE ball studs anyone try this.

Last edited by hitman72; 02-19-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:02 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, do you think I can put my LRP SXX Comp. v2 in this buggy along with 7.5T motor if I put a fan on it? Or put this if possible?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...lds-Option-Kit

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.