Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Did some searching but never came up with a good find. Can Associated front and rear wheels be used on the 410? I have a heap of B44 wheels and tires. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrider
Did some searching but never came up with a good find. Can Associated front and rear wheels be used on the 410? I have a heap of B44 wheels and tires. Thanks in advance.
Hey Matt, Do you come over to the "Dark Side"? It has been posted before that B44 wheels fit without a problem. It may change the width a little, but I am not certain.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Yes they do fit
Old 02-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Thanks guys for the fast replies. Yes Ron it looks like I'll be going to the darkside soon. Gonna have to wait until after Bigfoot though to get it up and running.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the fast replies. Yes Ron it looks like I'll be going to the darkside soon. Gonna have to wait until after Bigfoot though to get it up and running.
I think you will welcome the change. You are waiting, why?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rfleck
I think you will welcome the change. You are waiting, why?
Well, I wanted to get the body painted. Don't think I can get Michael to do it in time for Bigfoot. I'll try.

I probably won't be able to wait. It will be here Monday. Ok, time to start yanking everything out of the B44.1.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They fit just fine....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^JC B44 Wheels^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 02-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Some say if u mention ball diffs in front of them they will be disoriented for 2 days. And that if they had to choose, they would wear proline suburbs all the time
some guys in europe apparently have put kyosho ball diffs in their cars for better consistency. No crap! I'm going this route as soon as I can get it to fit. Gear diffs are overated IMO
Old 02-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Can I have yours after you pull them out. I wouldnt mind having extra parts that ill never actally need
Old 02-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
some guys in europe apparently have put kyosho ball diffs in their cars for better consistency. No crap! I'm going this route as soon as I can get it to fit. Gear diffs are overated IMO
Whats the point of having a Durango then....
Old 02-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Lol ...ball diffs are fashion accessories
Old 02-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to new manufacturing techniques, new ideas and designs. However I don't think the gear diff is the best differential to be used on an RC car, that's my personal opinion and doesn't mean its right. You can put the durango diff in many many 4wd's out there. I mean, if it did make a difference, or was of a significant advantage, there would be alot more gear diffed zx5's, b44's, D4's out there. Gear diffs were around a long time ago, which were then replaced by ball diffs. Ball diff upgrades then became popular, and pretty much a necessity, if you wanted a good handling car.

so whats the point in having a durango with ball diffs? Hopefully to make a great car even better.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

so whats the point in having a durango with ball diffs? Hopefully to make a great car even better.
ball diffs are the past
Old 02-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to new manufacturing techniques, new ideas and designs. However I don't think the gear diff is the best differential to be used on an RC car, that's my personal opinion and doesn't mean its right. You can put the durango diff in many many 4wd's out there. I mean, if it did make a difference, or was of a significant advantage, there would be alot more gear diffed zx5's, b44's, D4's out there. Gear diffs were around a long time ago, which were then replaced by ball diffs. Ball diff upgrades then became popular, and pretty much a necessity, if you wanted a good handling car.

If u are open minded to "new" ideas then the rango is as new as you get as far as a 4w 1/10th goes. And your line of thinking is flawed in so many ways. You say "I mean, if it did make a difference, or was of a significant advantage, there would be alot more gear diffed zx5's, b44's, D4's out there." How is that true in any way? Just because the majority decides NOT to run gear diffs doesnt mean its better or of any significant adavantage either. And who exactly set in stone that a ball diff makes a car handle better? Certain things work with certain cars that wont work on other cars. Im sure when they tested this car before production, and it was very extensively, they figured A) easier to maintainand run in a variety of outdoor as well as indoor surfaces. Mainly the outdoor blown out crappy tracks that would almost certainly destroy a ball diff, whereas the gear diff is sealed and enclosed which doesnt diminish performance due to dirt accumulation as you run. B) Easier to tune via the use of oils instead of looking for the right setting i.e. loose/tight in a ball diff. C) Tougher. With the exception of the early ring gear issue we had thats been rectified, I have been running the same gears since I bought the car in the early summer of 2010. See how long you have to go before a ball diff rebuild involving balls, diff rings, thrust bearings set screws and more. And what indication does someone with less experience, per say, have that the diff is in bad shape let alone having built and set it right to begin with? Whereas with the gear diff, if you open it up and somethings wrong you can see it plainly as you change oils. D) Consistency You know how your car will react with a certain oil combo. True the oil tends to break down as you use it but you know for the most part that after a days racing oils must change and you are back where you started and will achieve the same exact performance, where with a ball diff, lets say you rebuild it and then tighten it all up again, who's to say that you tightened it the same amount you did prior to taking it apart? Will your performance be the same or will it change? As long as I have control of my oils, I know what my car will do.

With that said, 8th scale nitro and electric offroaders still use gear diffs and for good reason. They stand up to harsh conditions and not so harsh conditions and are very predictable. I love knowing that I can throw my car down on the grimiest track and still come off it with no problems, and I have done that. The first time I drove the thing it was in the worst possible conditions and my diffs came off just the way they went in. I ran 2 ball diff cars on that surface and barely finished a day each time with out having to rebuild the diffs or clean them out each time I wanted to go back out. In offroad bro....it just makes sense. This is forward thinking. Whats worked in the past wont always work, so embrace the car for what it is and how easy it makes life, otherwise join the rest of the herd and run another car. If you were to buy a ferrari, would u strip its diffs and suspension for something else? And if so why did you even bother buying it in the first place?

Last edited by tonyv2382; 02-18-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Team Durango posted a video back in 09 showing that they did in fact test the two different diffs extensively.

But what the heck do they know, They only produce the most state of the art RC cars on the market.....

Just a thought

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlFquWZ3Lf8

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.