Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
I might at times blip but I also try to focus on being smooth. It's funny cause last night at practice the fast guy next to be was saying he could not believe how much grip the track had. I said "are you kidding me!" as I was going down the straight then punching the trigger to just watch my back end slide out on me. That is something I've read on other forums also about the rango. I might have to either completely change my driving style or try a 13.5t motor.
george do you have the 1* rear hubs on your car? if so do you have them on left and right viewed from the front? if not they are backwards and will cause your car to do exactly what your discribing. im sure ive mentioned this to you before, and ive posted it all over this thread. check it!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Isn't throttle profile 1 more agressive?
5 is the most aggressive and it gets more mild as u go down. BUT with all those other adjustments u have to tinker with GOD only knows whats happening lol
Old 02-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

george do you have the 1* rear hubs on your car? if so do you have them on left and right viewed from the front? if not they are backwards and will cause your car to do exactly what your discribing. im sure ive mentioned this to you before, and ive posted it all over this thread. check it
Yes I have the 1* and they are on correct, just checked.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

some1 on here mentioned the 30c venom pack. Im just wondering since most run higher C ratings on their 4w cars, how would it feel to run a lower C rating. Does it offer a bit more control? Do u get left for dead on the straight.? mean u can always dial out stuff using EPA but im just curious
Old 02-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes I have the 1* and they are on correct, just checked.
by correct i hope you mean backwards, if not they are wrong. the left should be on the right side and the right should be on the left side. you should be able to see the l and r when you look at the car from the front not the back.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
some1 on here mentioned the 30c venom pack. Im just wondering since most run higher C ratings on their 4w cars, how would it feel to run a lower C rating. Does it offer a bit more control? Do u get left for dead on the straight.? mean u can always dial out stuff using EPA but im just curious
C ratining is more like IR in nihm batteries , yes a lower can rating is going to be less punchy as a higher c rating lipo however I seen some 30c lipos that rip some crazy power..
Old 02-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
The 30C packs are fine. And you would be hard pushed to tell the difference. In fact I would go so far as to say the 30C packs are more reliable than most the 40C & 50C packs out there. They seem to be more stable and can be abused a lot more. At the moment the 60/65C packs seem to be quite good. But that being said, I don't really trust C ratings anymore as there is no inductry standard for measuring C rating.
It seems that since MA put out their "60C" packs, every man and his dog has jumped on the the high C rating bandwagon.
An example of this is my 30C 2s Turnigy packs out perform all my other 2s packs except the new TP 65C G6 packs.
I have old Tanic packs that are only rated at 35C (2yrs+ old ) which will still wipe the floor with most packs out there today.
Currently there are only a few Lipo brands that I really trust (although I use / try many others) but Tanic Packs, Thunder Power and Turnigy (Turnigy because they are cheap and have realistic C & Capacity ratings)
Tanic Packs - little known brand, but very conservative with their specs and boy can they take a beating. It's a shame they don't make hardcase pack.
ThunderPower - Well, they need no introduction. Have been around since before all this Lipo, C rating craze took over.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Backwards rear carriers make no sense.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by littlejohn
The 30C packs are fine. And you would be hard pushed to tell the difference. In fact I would go so far as to say the 30C packs are more reliable than most the 40C & 50C packs out there. They seem to be more stable and can be abused a lot more. At the moment the 60/65C packs seem to be quite good. But that being said, I don't really trust C ratings anymore as there is no inductry standard for measuring C rating.
It seems that since MA put out their "60C" packs, every man and his dog has jumped on the the high C rating bandwagon.
An example of this is my 30C 2s Turnigy packs out perform all my other 2s packs except the new TP 65C G6 packs.
I have old Tanic packs that are only rated at 35C (2yrs+ old ) which will still wipe the floor with most packs out there today.
Currently there are only a few Lipo brands that I really trust (although I use / try many others) but Tanic Packs, Thunder Power and Turnigy (Turnigy because they are cheap and have realistic C & Capacity ratings)
Tanic Packs - little known brand, but very conservative with their specs and boy can they take a beating. It's a shame they don't make hardcase pack.
ThunderPower - Well, they need no introduction. Have been around since before all this Lipo, C rating craze took over.
Ya I just dont wanna spend money on something that has no standardized testing for C on all batteries. I have Intellect lipos from like 4 yrs ago that still kick ass and I found a pck on ebay for 65 shipped. Bt The venoms also look good and are at 30c and are cheap. Through the twisty stuff c rating dont bother me a bit but its on the straight that im scred Ill be dusted. I guess I can always experiment. I know theyre gonna be lighter though which is not a bad thing and any packs Ive owned with a lower C rating have always been more reliable.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

WITH THAT SAID i JUST ORDERED THOSE Venom packs the 30c ones. Let u guys know how I like um...whoever mentioned them thanks for the info and some more feedback would be appreciated.

Sorry for the caps too lazy to go back and edit
Old 02-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by INFERN0
Backwards rear carriers make no sense.
Backwards, as in L1 on right, R1 on left.
I see the markings on the hubs to mean which direction the toe is, and how much. So, L1 is toed to the left 1*, and installs on the right.
Easiest way to explain how to install is to say "face the markings forward".
Old 02-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

by correct i hope you mean backwards, if not they are wrong. the left should be on the right side and the right should be on the left side. you should be able to see the l and r when you look at the car from the front not the back.
Yes I had the car in my hand with the front bumper pointing at my chest. L on the left and R on the right.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rfleck
Not always, I run the SNOT out of these and no issues. LRP TC spec and 6.5 motor.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYKT4&P=7

They are a bit lighter than other packs so I run the full weight set. At $54 each, they are pretty good
So do these packs still pack a punch on the straights? I just ordered a set they look pretty good.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Going to start running my DEX410R again soon. Haven't kept up on this thread for a few months. What's the hot indoor clay setup these days?

Also going to switch to a slower motor. Was running an LRP 6.5 but it was a bit too much for me to handle. Thinking 8.5 or 9.5 now. Any thoughts?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm going to go down to a 10.5 in mine from a 7.5. Honestly this car hooks up so good no need for all that motor especially at our track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.