Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Guys I confirmed our first Tresrey shipment has been sent and another is going in today. If you are looking for Tresrey parts please let me know and I'll get you taken care of!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
In my case is trying to tune this thing, well and braking but part of that is my fault. Yesterday the fast wheeler at our track tried my buggy out after i made some changes. To me it felt better but my problem is the thing feels like its on ice. He said, from the little wheel time he had that it felt like when he pussy-footed around the track it griped but when he got about half throttle it would brake loose. After that he broke both of my ti turnbuckles, one on the front and one on the back, same side. Funny part was it was not even close to a hard hit and the track is heated. But I think the problem might be that I run the Losi hd cups and they don't give at all. The turnbuckles snaped right at the end where they screw in the cup. So now I'm looking into changing some of the settings on the rs pro to try and control the wheel spin on a high bite clay track, I guess. I'm running a 7.5 Tekin:
sensored only
Throttle profile-3
boost-25 (don't know if I need to change this)
turbo-0
current limiter-off (thinking this needs to change to help with wheel spin)
Throttle profile-3
neutral width-10
push control-off
5443-20016 rpms
22/87 gearing
Ur always gonna have wheel spin issues with that esc. Ur "fast" guy told u himself it felt like icecapades. I had the same issue with it and couldnt get the freakin thing to dial in right. I know some on here swear by it but I beg to differ. Try a different electronics setup and see the light

Once u have that sorted u can focus on tuning ur car for driving with ur suspension instead of hacking away at ur lap top
Old 02-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Ur always gonna have wheel spin issues with that esc. Ur "fast" guy told u himself it felt like icecapades. I had the same issue with it and couldnt get the freakin thing to dial in right. I know some on here swear by it but I beg to differ. Try a different electronics setup and see the light

Once u have that sorted u can focus on tuning ur car for driving with ur suspension instead of hacking away at ur lap top
ESCs don`t cause wheel spins , improper setup or the car and/or to much motor will . I couldn`t keep the back end of my car still until I spent some time changing things on the car .

I don`t car what ESC someone has , it is not the cause of wheel spin .
Old 02-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Agreed, to each his own on race platforms. The Durango is a tank and definitely has it's on track advantages. Just changing things up, as a different buggy will fit me personally better. I just couldn't get the car to be predictable, lap after lap. I'm sure I'll remember the Durango well, after breaking a few things on the new platform. If Taylor James, comes up with some great setup recommendations at our local track, I'll be sure to post up for ya.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I never thought tuning would get to be so expensive! Just to try another esc like the lrp is what, another $80-$100. I already have all kinds of diff weights, shock weights, different springs, 2 different thickness brass skid plates, brass side weights, 3 different sets of tires form different manufacturers and different foams.

ESCs don`t cause wheel spins , improper setup or the car and/or to much motor will . I couldn`t keep the back end of my car still until I spent some time changing things on the car .

I don`t car what ESC someone has , it is not the cause of wheel spin .
I just wish tekin would come up with a app to be able to use my phone at teh track instead of a laptop. I do have to admit after all this that a more basic set and forget esc probably would save me a lot of headaches. I have nothing bad to say about the rs pro cause I don't think I've had it long enough to say either way. I just hope that I can get a setting to get me in the right direction. Not to much info on setups for a clay track that's about 55-80. Maybe a 7.5 is just to much motor for that track? I just thought from reading that people are going with 6.5 up to 8.5 for a 4wd buggy. I do know that I have to start getting some kind of solid answers cause I'm getting to the end of my rope. I'm starting to wonder if 1/10 is even for me, maybe 1/8 will be where i should stay like before?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

There are a lot of setups on Tekin`s site . If you can`t find what works for you then spend a day making little adjustments at a time until you get it dialed in for you . The programming is pretty easy and Tekin has tried to get phones apps and it is not Tekin holding up the process . A 7.5 with timing and boost can be a handful for some . Start off with no timing or boost and start from there . Just because others are running 6.5 or 8.5 motors doesn`t mean you need to . You would be amazed how fast a 13.5 with the right gearing and timing is . Using the current limiter will help with some wheel spin off the start as will loosening your slipper and throttle control .

You also need to take into consideration how your buggy is setup . Sounds like you might be new to 1/10 , if so you can not drive it like an 1/8 .
Old 02-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i look forward to the release of the viper vtrax 10r and the programmer that will come with it
Old 02-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow traded my b44.1 for this car hope I made the right choice. If not I will never hear the end of it from my friends I come from a 1/8 scale back ground
Old 02-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

+1 on Briguy's post. I'd recommend stepping down to a 13.5T and add timing/programming into ESC..it's amazingly competitive with 7.5-8.5 motors, but offers much more managable/usable power. Locally we have a 13.5T 4WD class and put down same overall laps as the 4WD mods. If you need help with 13.5 programming, please send me a "pm" and I'd be glad to help.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

There are a lot of setups on Tekin`s site . If you can`t find what works for you then spend a day making little adjustments at a time until you get it dialed in for you . The programming is pretty easy and Tekin has tried to get phones apps and it is not Tekin holding up the process . A 7.5 with timing and boost can be a handful for some . Start off with no timing or boost and start from there . Just because others are running 6.5 or 8.5 motors doesn`t mean you need to . You would be amazed how fast a 13.5 with the right gearing and timing is . Using the current limiter will help with some wheel spin off the start as will loosening your slipper and throttle control .

You also need to take into consideration how your buggy is setup . Sounds like you might be new to 1/10 , if so you can not drive it like an 1/8 .
I have printed out 3 different setups to have on hand once i plugged the esc in. I really don't have a problem using the program, it's more of fully understanding it. I get some parts but when I'm having trouble like I am I don't want to start trying to many different things without some guidance in the right direction. It'll take me over a month if i only make 1 change at a time then wait to go back to the track to see what that change did. I'm also not blaming Tekin for not having the phone app i just wish one was available. Once that comes about trying little different things will net instant results on what that change did. Maybe loosing the slipper is something else i need t look into. or a different turn motor? But like I said before, I blows me away on how many different setups I've tried and still do not get this grip that other talk about.

Yes I am new to 1/10 scale. I've only had the rango for a bit over 1 month. I am starting to see and from reading understood that driving this 1/10 is different than 1/8. I only have 1 onther rc on the same track to compare my dex too, my sc 4x4, slash none the less. I just installed a tekin sc4x 4.5 and a rx8 in it. I've played with settings as far as diff, shocks,springs, lowering the right hight, mc type compound tires with stiffer foams ( all things I've also done on the dex) and have got possitive feed back from the tuning. The sc has much more bit and control, on or off power, into turns, and out of turns. Now I don't know if i shoukld expect the dex t handle as well as the slash but I'll tell you that I'm on and off the trigger hard with the slash and i get possitive feedback. I actually can turn quicker lap times by over 1 second with it. I don't really want to give up but if this is the way a 1/10 is supposed to feel and I'm just expecting to much from it then it does look like i need to move on. I can't be leaving practice nights and races feeling like I do, that's not why I'm in this hobby.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hitman72
Wow traded my b44.1 for this car hope I made the right choice. If not I will never hear the end of it from my friends I come from a 1/8 scale back ground
Also what is the drive line like I hear problems with gears is this something that can be fixed when properly shimmed. Is this car really that hard to setup guess I'll have to give it a good try this summer if not back to ae. From my experience all cars have issues it's wether or not u can solve them and move ahead if change not cars but that gets costly I just like the fact of no ball diffs this is a great idea
Old 02-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Of all the different classes and cars I have raced I have found some have a narrow window of working set up while others have more room for play and just work well overall.
It took me 4 days on the track after starting with one of Kinwalds set ups which I fine tuned for our track and the dex works amazing while I see others at the track with the same car not having the results I am getting. They are trying different set ups from what I have.
I run in four classes currently at our track and those are 10.5 two wheel buggy, mod truck, 1/8 buggy electric and four wheel mod. My 1/8 buggy is barely faster than my dex and the other two are almost a second off. When you have a car that works you have a benchmark to use for the other cars to reach as they should all be not too far off.
Don't give up on the dex, try things that you haven't tried and track test constantly. Driving style might be something as well, I use my throttle like my street bike, I roll it on and avoid the "blipping" that is common in nitro buggy. Linear throttle in this car let's its balance work for you as it has such low center of gravity, the "blipping upsets the cars balance IMHO and will reduce the effectiveness of the cars cg.
Try a few laps with the best set up you have used driving the way your driving the slash then try a few laps being conscious of your throttle and just gently roll it on and treat it like a motorcycle. You should be able to corner tighter, harder and smoother exits.
I am not sure if you blip the throttle but I see it often at my track.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitman72
Also what is the drive line like I hear problems with gears is this something that can be fixed when properly shimmed. Is this car really that hard to setup guess I'll have to give it a good try this summer if not back to ae. From my experience all cars have issues it's wether or not u can solve them and move ahead if change not cars but that gets costly I just like the fact of no ball diffs this is a great idea
Another car you might look at with oil diffs is the Thunder Tiger Sparrowhawk. It's been out for a while and I had one. Nice tuning features with an ae b44 feel.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

To late for that already traded the b44.1 is the drive line a big problem or no I believe I can make it work if I got rid of it before I tried it I would never hear the end of it
Old 02-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Of all the different classes and cars I have raced I have found some have a narrow window of working set up while others have more room for play and just work well overall.
It took me 4 days on the track after starting with one of Kinwalds set ups which I fine tuned for our track and the dex works amazing while I see others at the track with the same car not having the results I am getting. They are trying different set ups from what I have.
I run in four classes currently at our track and those are 10.5 two wheel buggy, mod truck, 1/8 buggy electric and four wheel mod. My 1/8 buggy is barely faster than my dex and the other two are almost a second off. When you have a car that works you have a benchmark to use for the other cars to reach as they should all be not too far off.
Don't give up on the dex, try things that you haven't tried and track test constantly. Driving style might be something as well, I use my throttle like my street bike, I roll it on and avoid the "blipping" that is common in nitro buggy. Linear throttle in this car let's its balance work for you as it has such low center of gravity, the "blipping upsets the cars balance IMHO and will reduce the effectiveness of the cars cg.
Try a few laps with the best set up you have used driving the way your driving the slash then try a few laps being conscious of your throttle and just gently roll it on and treat it like a motorcycle. You should be able to corner tighter, harder and smoother exits.
I am not sure if you blip the throttle but I see it often at my track.
I might at times blip but I also try to focus on being smooth. It's funny cause last night at practice the fast guy next to be was saying he could not believe how much grip the track had. I said "are you kidding me!" as I was going down the straight then punching the trigger to just watch my back end slide out on me. That is something I've read on other forums also about the rango. I might have to either completely change my driving style or try a 13.5t motor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.