Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
Maxxingout: sent you a 'pm'. I've recently spoken with several guys having similar thoughts about theirs and have since moved on to a different platform. I'm really enjoying mine, but haven't had quite the frustrations. Hope all works out and your able to find a setup that works for you. Recently confirmed, is a top level driver who signed with Durango at our local track, so I'm looking forward to his feedback with tuning the car. Also, if running on a dry clay track, I'd recommend trying the JConcepts Bar Codes (gold compound), they are usually very hooked on that surface anything softer is like driving on ice.

hlb14: HB pink beams still on backorder through Premiere Hobbies and other shops that I can see.
gold barcodes make our track feel like a hockey rink. you can always find hb beams in pink on flea bay.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Anyone interested in a nice parts lot, all new stuff in packages

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ngo-parts.html
Old 01-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
I have been fighting with my car hooking up since day one, well maybe day 2. The thing just will NOT hook up. I run on a indoor clay with medium to high bit track. I get no feeling of control at all with this thing. I've got 25w front and 30w rear for shock fluilds. I started out with 7k and 3k for diffs. then went to 10k, 5k. Then I tried the Kinwald 3/1, now i'm going to try 10k and 1k, I might even go to 7 or 5 in the front if i don
't like the 10. I realize now that I'm typing this feeling like this that i need to pick a diff weight and tune. But it boggles my mind that I never feel like I'm headed it the right direction! I'm using proline suburbs turned into slicks and i still cannot get this this to feel planted. i'll be coming down the straight away and the back end will just slide out like on ice if i try to set myself up for the next turn. I also have to baby turns way to much or else it's ice skating time again. I lowered the droop on the rear to try and get the arms level but even with only about 5mm of preload i just get level in the rear. That's where my question for weight came in. Every setup I see has anywhere from 9mm to 11mm in the rear of preload. I wonder if me running a soft shell one pc battery compared to everyone elses 2 pc hard case has something to do with it? Heck i've even tried rear sway bars for a bit but I did not notice any help with it either. I'm sure since my setup is wacked I didn't notice the benefit of a rear sway anyways.

I'm in awe at this point! I just cannot believe that this thing has that small of a window for tuning! I have some new hot bodies pink tires coming in so I'll try them next. But to be honest I'm getting close to the end of my rope with this thing! I've had better feed back on different setups on my corr 4x4 than this thing. And the sick part is I'm running 2.5 sec a lap faster with it then the dex. I wish this rant made me feel better but unfortunately it's not. I should be able to try multi setups and still feel some what ok then just fine tune to get the most out of it. My only other thought which at this point is my last since i'm lost is weight on the rear.
george, if you want your car to work at our track put my setup on yours. i dont understand the resistance on this. then you can tune your car to you driving style, but first you need a solid base to start tweaking from. all the frustration will go away. your suburbs in mc should work halfways decent, your losi pinks should be hooked, but pink hb's are the ticket. my setup is on petitrc under my screen name. ive made a couple small changes since then, see me at the track and ill give you the rest. and the 15.1 isnt just fast its the track record on the new layout. damn i wish i could wheel my car that fast! these guys have a lot of knowledge on this thread, but they dont run our track. you have a guy w/ the same car as you at your track, and his car is hooked beyond anyones belief, and he's offering you his complete setup! take it, use it, all your troubles will go away and you can work on your driving.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

george, if you want your car to work at our track put my setup on yours. i dont understand the resistance on this. then you can tune your car to you driving style, but first you need a solid base to start tweaking from. all the frustration will go away. your suburbs in mc should work halfways decent, your losi pinks should be hooked, but pink hb's are the ticket. my setup is on petitrc under my screen name. ive made a couple small changes since then, see me at the track and ill give you the rest. and the 15.1 isnt just fast its the track record on the new layout. damn i wish i could wheel my car that fast! these guys have a lot of knowledge on this thread, but they dont run our track. you have a guy w/ the same car as you at your track, and his car is hooked beyond anyones belief, and he's offering you his complete setup! take it, use it, all your troubles will go away and you can work on your driving.
Actually that's what i tried doing at the track within my capabilities available to me and working on the rest this week. We changed the ride height, I moved the rear shocks all the way in on the towers and all the way out on the arms like you said. I changed the rear diff out for 1k last night with the 10k still in the front. The hb pinks are on the way, plus new foams. I looked at your battery weight vs mine and itís like 60/70g heavier than mine so I also figure I need more weight on mine, which Iím working on right now. Iím getting there on your setup but still canít believe that all the other things I have tried has not gotten me closer to what youíre experiencing with yours at all. Even Ryan, both time driving my buggy with different setups on it said something is not right. So I guess Iíll see once I get the new tires on and extra weight if that makes me feel any better? Besides those changes anything else I would think should just be small tweaks to get it to my liking but at this point Iíll just have to wait and see.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
Actually that's what i tried doing at the track within my capabilities available to me and working on the rest this week. We changed the ride height, I moved the rear shocks all the way in on the towers and all the way out on the arms like you said. I changed the rear diff out for 1k last night with the 10k still in the front. The hb pinks are on the way, plus new foams. I looked at your battery weight vs mine and itís like 60/70g heavier than mine so I also figure I need more weight on mine, which Iím working on right now. Iím getting there on your setup but still canít believe that all the other things I have tried has not gotten me closer to what youíre experiencing with yours at all. Even Ryan, both time driving my buggy with different setups on it said something is not right. So I guess Iíll see once I get the new tires on and extra weight if that makes me feel any better? Besides those changes anything else I would think should just be small tweaks to get it to my liking but at this point Iíll just have to wait and see.
get your hotbodies pinks (be careful grinding them down, they are thin). get the weight thing figured out, and order new rear pistons. if you do all of that and make sure you copy the rest of my setup you should be dialed. if its still too loose you can take some antisquat out, but you shouldnt have to. i dont have the setup manual memorized and its been a long time since i had to figure mine out. so copy mine and after we can work on small tweaks to make it to your liking, but like i keep telling you until you get a base setup on yours that somewhat works your going to be "chasing your tail" like you have been. im more than willing to help, but you have to be willing to listen atleast until we get it in the ballpark, then tweak it until it suits your specific driving style.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...rack201011.pdf
here you go ranger. im running the skid weight and have 1/2 oz. on each side where the other brass weights go. what isnt filled in is as per manual. i switched to black ft and green rear spring, but didnt notice much of a difference. the rear hub outside hole requires jconcepts offset ballcups so as not to loose too much droop. my rear shocks on tower are now on the inside holes to give me a little more side bite when the track gets dry. when its wet i just compensate w/ more throttle. any questions feel free to ask. its been quite a while since i set this car up, and i cant remember exactly why i put everything where i did, but i can tell you this car is dialed on wet or dry clay, no sand in the mix. works just as well at another track i run that is hard packed top soil.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

I was having the same problems this weekend on our indoor clay track. Just felt like it was on ice. I tried everything, shock and diff fluids, tires, springs, rid height etc....Come to find out my RS pro had a bit more timing and boost than I could handle. Every time I touched the throttle all 4 tires were spinning hence no traction. May not be your issue, but these cars can be twitchy. If all else fails, try dialing down your throttle curve/profile...can't hurt?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i don't recall this being mentioned, has anyone tried prolines closed cell foams yet? two weeks ago a guy at our track was running the jconcepts closed cell foams with his 2wd buggy and said they were too hard. i read the proline foams soften up a bit after a few runs and am thinking about trying some out this weekend
Old 01-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I run the rears and I love em. They soften a bit but still firm. Way better than reg. junk foam..........
Old 01-31-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hlb14
i don't recall this being mentioned, has anyone tried prolines closed cell foams yet? two weeks ago a guy at our track was running the jconcepts closed cell foams with his 2wd buggy and said they were too hard. i read the proline foams soften up a bit after a few runs and am thinking about trying some out this weekend
I use both mentioned. Haven't decided which is better. Lately i have been running the jc's. I have achieved my best times with the JC's. I only used both on my 2wd. I like the way the proline's felt on the landing of the biggest jump but the jc's rip harder out of the corner. I say try both. the jc's take alittle longer to break in but you can reuse them an they usually just get better and better. overall i have 3 sets of each foam right now. overall i am still testing but i suggest getting both.

FWIW i am one of the fast guys at my local track. not bragging just so you know what kinda driver this experience is coming from.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
I run the rears and I love em. They soften a bit but still firm. Way better than reg. junk foam..........
Yea man only the rear. I was one of the last to convert but now i don't run crap foams haha
Old 01-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i might be overthinking it a bit but did you leave the shock oil the same or go softer just a tad to compensate for less tire/foam give? i really appreciate you guys help, i'm not one of the faster guys at my track but i'm getting faster every week. and i love tinkering with setups
Old 01-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I was having the same problems this weekend on our indoor clay track. Just felt like it was on ice. I tried everything, shock and diff fluids, tires, springs, rid height etc....Come to find out my RS pro had a bit more timing and boost than I could handle. Every time I touched the throttle all 4 tires were spinning hence no traction. May not be your issue, but these cars can be twitchy. If all else fails, try dialing down your throttle curve/profile...can't hurt?
I'm not sure what my advanced timing is but I know my boost is at 25. I sent my setup to Randy and he said it looked mild but I should try it and let him know what I think. But at this point I will not rule anything out. One thing at a time and hopefully l'll be converted into a happy dex owner.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

jc in rear w/ pink beams. if you have a smooth track they are great. if you run on a blown out track, not so much. i left the shock oils the same. as far as being a fast guy at your tracks that is all fine and good depending on who your racing against. not trying to be a jerk just making an observation.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hlb14
I had the opportunity to run a set brand new versus brand new closed cell foams. Both used same tires and wheels, just foams were front and rear closed cell versus 2stage.

I found the closed cell were very dialed, almost too much. I was faster with the 2stg, but I don't know how it will be once the closed cells soften up a bit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.