Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

raced my car today. after the burnout a week ago. only thing that broke was the servo saver arm but i fixed and came in third in the A first time driving this car
Old 01-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So how many of you use weight or feel like the car needs weight?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I run 1.25 oz in the rear .
Old 01-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Konich
On durago's website you'll see in the tech/tips section they have actually suggested running the CVD out boots on the driveshafts. Anyone else try this yet? I'm going to put a pair on mine as it only should take a small amount of force to keep that pin in
I've been using them since June 2010. But, I installed them to keep the cvd's clean, not hold the pins in. Working good, so far.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

What was the deal with HRP taking care of ring gears? I've got two shredded ones and I took apart my diffs today to put p5 rings in them and found that both my front and rear have chips in some teeth.

That's a total of 5 ring gears for me. I just put the chipped ones back in, they weren't bad and I think they'll hold up for a while.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
Not yet. I attempt to tune suspension for track conditions vs. adding weight.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HyperFX
I've been using them since June 2010. But, I installed them to keep the cvd's clean, not hold the pins in. Working good, so far.
Yes, using them with no pin issues.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hlb14
reaper posted a pic of his using heat shrink, it is a pretty simple fix and the pins shouldn't make their way out of there now

my setup is 2010 spec built with kit setup on it, dark/light blue springs frt/rr, 30wt frt 25wt rr shocks, frt diff 10k, rr diff 5k, no sway bars. my question is i'm looking for alittle more rotation from the rear mid corner. will adding the rear weight help? i also have the blk/lt green springs on hand to try next week
Rear Swaybar is supposed to also help in mid corner rotation and make car easier to square up for jumps. I just installed 1.5 Rear Swaybar and will try Wed. for the same reason you mentioned.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cbrociuos
i was talking about the "orange servo saver adjuster". the link was the cvd. i was thinking you had a tresrey upgrade for the "soft durango aluminum part." im just not sure what it is your talking about, and that is one spare i dont have, and will prob. break.
My fault! Here is a picture. I just added one to my car tonight, along with the rear hubs, coated hinge pins, and high traction weight. MONEY!
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-spare_tytd021_01.jpg  
Old 01-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxxingout

On our hard packed clay almost everyone runs weight. I just added the Tresrey high traction weight. I'm hoping since its right in front of the rear diff it gives a little better traction that the brass skid plate weight durango has.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

When I used the durango weights all it did was slow my rotation in corners. Kept it nice and planted but a bit too planted. To me it runs more fluid without weights. I will try the sway bars soon though.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Not yet. I attempt to tune suspension for track conditions vs. adding weight.
On our hard packed clay almost everyone runs weight. I just added the Tresrey high traction weight. I'm hoping since its right in front of the rear diff it gives a little better traction that the brass skid plate weight durango has.

I have been fighting with my car hooking up since day one, well maybe day 2. The thing just will NOT hook up. I run on a indoor clay with medium to high bit track. I get no feeling of control at all with this thing. I've got 25w front and 30w rear for shock fluilds. I started out with 7k and 3k for diffs. then went to 10k, 5k. Then I tried the Kinwald 3/1, now i'm going to try 10k and 1k, I might even go to 7 or 5 in the front if i don
't like the 10. I realize now that I'm typing this feeling like this that i need to pick a diff weight and tune. But it boggles my mind that I never feel like I'm headed it the right direction! I'm using proline suburbs turned into slicks and i still cannot get this this to feel planted. i'll be coming down the straight away and the back end will just slide out like on ice if i try to set myself up for the next turn. I also have to baby turns way to much or else it's ice skating time again. I lowered the droop on the rear to try and get the arms level but even with only about 5mm of preload i just get level in the rear. That's where my question for weight came in. Every setup I see has anywhere from 9mm to 11mm in the rear of preload. I wonder if me running a soft shell one pc battery compared to everyone elses 2 pc hard case has something to do with it? Heck i've even tried rear sway bars for a bit but I did not notice any help with it either. I'm sure since my setup is wacked I didn't notice the benefit of a rear sway anyways.

I'm in awe at this point! I just cannot believe that this thing has that small of a window for tuning! I have some new hot bodies pink tires coming in so I'll try them next. But to be honest I'm getting close to the end of my rope with this thing! I've had better feed back on different setups on my corr 4x4 than this thing. And the sick part is I'm running 2.5 sec a lap faster with it then the dex. I wish this rant made me feel better but unfortunately it's not. I should be able to try multi setups and still feel some what ok then just fine tune to get the most out of it. My only other thought which at this point is my last since i'm lost is weight on the rear.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

where are the hb pink beams available at?
Old 01-31-2011, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Maxxingout: sent you a 'pm'. I've recently spoken with several guys having similar thoughts about theirs and have since moved on to a different platform. I'm really enjoying mine, but haven't had quite the frustrations. Hope all works out and your able to find a setup that works for you. Recently confirmed, is a top level driver who signed with Durango at our local track, so I'm looking forward to his feedback with tuning the car. Also, if running on a dry clay track, I'd recommend trying the JConcepts Bar Codes (gold compound), they are usually very hooked on that surface anything softer is like driving on ice.

hlb14: HB pink beams still on backorder through Premiere Hobbies and other shops that I can see.

Last edited by rangerjkb; 01-31-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Maxxingout: sent you a 'pm'. I've recently spoken with several guys having similar thoughts about theirs and have since moved on to a different platform. I'm really enjoying mine, but haven't had quite the frustrations. Hope all works out and your able to find a setup that works for you. Recently confirmed, is a top level driver who signed with Durango at our local track, so I'm looking forward to his feedback with tuning the car. Also, if running on a dry clay track, I'd recommend trying the JConcepts Bar Codes (gold compound), they are usually very hooked on that surface anything softer is like driving on ice.
I look forward to the tech tips from the pro driver! The track i run on has very good grip with wheelies coming down the straights form 4x4 corr and 1/8 buggies. Grip usually is never a issue at this track. Another reason I'm pulling out the little bit of hair i have left tring to dial this thing in. Cbrociuos runs at the track also and i'm tring to get close to his setup since one fast wheeler took his buggy out and turned a 15.1 with his, which very fast for this track. I just can't stand thinking that I don't have more options than just to follow ONE setup and that's it! I think there is a difference between getting your core setup to get the thing working then do small tweeks to get it to your flavor.

I checked the weight of my soft case battery compared to some hard case saddle packs off a mains. Mine is listed at 241g while some packs off a main go anywhere from 298g to 327g. That to me seem like a big enough difference. I think i need more weight added then average?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.