Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CORRRCR
if you could have him send the tekin to me, ill make that hunk of crap work
Im sure he wouldnt mind selling it lol. If ur interested PM me and Ill contact him
Old 01-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Some of the current servos are designed with no regard to the 3 amp BEC supplied in the current RS.

If it didn't work top drivers like Ryan Lutz wouldn't use it.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Some of the current servos are designed with no regard to the 3 amp BEC supplied in the current RS.

If it didn't work top drivers like Ryan Lutz wouldn't use it.
LoL...WOW, that argument is as good as wheaties making you a better athlete cuz Jordan promoted it back in the day lol. Sorry man. thats not a valid argument. Money talks.

Secondly, I had an extensive convo with a sponsored Kyosho driver yesterday on electronics and lemme tell you this. Everyone disagrees about what car to run cuz we are all partial to certain brands, but when it comes down to the elctronics, theyre all running whats been proven...and for offroad its not tekin. There are BLAZING fast guys where I run, I mean stupid quick, they will embarass probably 99.9% of drivers that show up to the track and they also kick butt wherever they go. And theyve all had bad luck with that system. Because its not smooth, it glitches, it runs too hot, and you have to have power caps in ur back pocket just to run certain things or to run at all. I personally tried 2 of them just to make SURE these guys werent leading me astray and to give it a fighting chance and my car always came off with some kind of issue. What in the world could be the problem if the guy ran it the same way it ran on his LRP and the tekin almost thermalled AND gitched on steering?? Cmon dude what is this rocket science?? We dont need to be doing calculus to run an RC car, all we need to do is find a profile that works, dial in some brake and thats it. By the time you figure that out on your tekin you will have had a DNS lol.

All you need is good driving skills and a smooth speedo in offroad racing...thats it. That product doesnt deliver and i dont care how brutally honest I sound and whos offended because I wasted close to 600 on that crap just to find out it was....well crap. I had all the new software, 2 caps at all times and heat sinks on the motor and everything. Dont even bother with telling me user error cuz Im not an invalid. All youre doing is soldering 4 wires and cap my 2 yr old nephew can do that.

You posted lutz's setup here a while back...didnt it say all 6 led's blinking? I believe thats close to thermal shutdown if u ask me.

Last edited by tonyv2382; 01-13-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

6 led's isn't close to thermal.

Regardless you don't like it and that's fine. Moving on...
Old 01-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Wow, not to totally disagree......but in my opinion I'd say the top brand speedo's are just like selecting chassis platforms....it truly comes down to what the user prefers, performs better with and is confident in. I've used the most current LRP with LRP tech support from overseas and the Tekin with their tech support from here. In my opinion the LRP and Tekin are well matched for modified racing applications (to each his own for programing preference techniques),Tekin does have the edge on stock motor performance abilities. I chose Tekin, due to it's abilities to do everything well at the highest levels of competition, all in one ESC. Keep up the great work and unsurpassed ESC support Randy.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Driving the durango on monday for first time. The excitement is building.

Btw anyone on here have a YT channel named staticRC?
Old 01-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I love my RS Pro in my DEX. It doesn't get hot, it doesn't glitch. I run a ACE 1015 servo. The only thing my ESC does is WORK

I can say if your Tekin is running hot your probably not setup right somewhere down the line. Weather it be gearing or Hotwire setup. There are to many factors.

I know everyone has there loyalties and it really gives jaded feedback for other people.

You may very well run with some fast guys who do not use Tekin products but I would guess those guys will be fast no matter what.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe they will be fast no matter what...but theyve all come to a consensus that theyre faster with a specific product. I dunno, I guess if I re buy it Ill be as fast as Ryan according to Randy lol...talk about faulty logic. WoW. Great supporting argument.

Moving on...are there any other rear wheel pins to use on the car besides the stockers. They dont seem as strong. Any other manuf. make a pin to fit the DEX? Wouldve been awesome if it were a hex adapter.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Maybe they will be fast no matter what...but theyve all come to a consensus that theyre faster with a specific product. I dunno, I guess if I re buy it Ill be as fast as Ryan according to Randy lol...talk about faulty logic. WoW. Great supporting argument.

Moving on...are there any other rear wheel pins to use on the car besides the stockers. They dont seem as strong. Any other manuf. make a pin to fit the DEX? Wouldve been awesome if it were a hex adapter.
We run the AE solid pins. Work great! I love Tekin motors tho . . .
Old 01-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've used the new solid Durango roll pins for months with no problems. I have shimmed the CVD's with AE shims to help keep them in and take out any slop.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Konich
I've used the new solid Durango roll pins for months with no problems. I have shimmed the CVD's with AE shims to help keep them in and take out any slop.

I ordered a few new roll pins Im assuming those are the new parts? Never thought of using shims thatll def keep them from warping. Cool man thanks.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Konich
Right. You have been sitting there staring at that thing! You ready to roll this weekend fool?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guess who just re-built thier shocks, etc.

GET READY FOR THE SLAUGHTER!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Tony the Tiger I was wondering what big races you've been too recently? and also what Brand of ESC was most used by most of the fast guys pro's and what not ...just trying to compare what others have seen at the top level of competition to what you have seen other then club level?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
I ordered a few new roll pins Im assuming those are the new parts? Never thought of using shims thatll def keep them from warping. Cool man thanks.
TD310162 should be the number. I shimmed 1 in the front and 2 in the rear on each side. I put the shims between the cone and the spacer. No binding and so far has worked great for 2 months of racing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.