Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 06:06 AM
  #4966  
Tech Master
iTrader: (58)
 
rfleck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have a good wet/damp clay setup they care to share?

Thanks,
rfleck is offline  
Old 01-03-2011, 09:25 AM
  #4967  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Is anyone running swaybars? Front or Rear, both? What did you find?Thanks.....
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 01-03-2011, 11:28 AM
  #4968  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
TraxxasPeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mattituck,LI, NY
Posts: 1,510
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

UHHH Losi twenty what?
ha lol. losi can suck it.
TraxxasPeter is offline  
Old 01-03-2011, 02:41 PM
  #4969  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
Maxxingout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 809
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default servo saver Q?

So i have a question cause i don't know if this pertains only to 1/10 scale (i don't think it does but you never know). isn't the saver supposed to save the front end if it gets stuck or what not during use? Cause the rangos saver, the way it's built, does not have enough travel to clear its self. i went downstairs and checked my other 3 1/8 scale rc's and they all will travel full motion when the front is held.
Maxxingout is offline  
Old 01-03-2011, 04:46 PM
  #4970  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
fast-on-dirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 21
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
So i have a question cause i don't know if this pertains only to 1/10 scale (i don't think it does but you never know). isn't the saver supposed to save the front end if it gets stuck or what not during use? Cause the rangos saver, the way it's built, does not have enough travel to clear its self. i went downstairs and checked my other 3 1/8 scale rc's and they all will travel full motion when the front is held.
Your right the 410's servo saver not the best I've ever seen either. But with the small space thats there, thats better than not having any give at all. I think thats the only weak point of the car I've found so far and if I wouldn't hit the pipes or wall it probably would not be a problem at all.
fast-on-dirt is offline  
Old 01-03-2011, 05:22 PM
  #4971  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
Maxxingout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 809
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

But that's just it you should be able to and have the saver fully rotate if needed. How can the saver on thIs buggy be called a saver? It only travels like a 1/3rd of the full travel. It looks like it needs to be at a 30 degree angle with a larger radius at the peak/valley. This saver has a 45 degree quick I think is to steep. If I can find a proper spring I'm going to look into changing this setup.
Maxxingout is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 01:05 AM
  #4972  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
HyperFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: TX
Posts: 161
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rfleck
Anyone have a good wet/damp clay setup they care to share?

Thanks,
Ron, the Kinwald setup works pretty well at the Clay Pit. Make a few personal changes, get your practice on, and you're ready for the RC Pro Southern Nats!
Tony
HyperFX is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 03:33 AM
  #4973  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
bmr919's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Townsville, Aus
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default motors

I've been looking through the pages looking at gearing and temps,
i can't choose between tekin redline 5.5t or 6.5t, and what gearing to run i'm after power but reasonable run temps.
also i run a speedpassion gt2 esc.

thanks in advance
track i race at
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-track8.jpgTeam Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-track9.jpgTeam Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-track10.jpgTeam Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-track11.jpg
bmr919 is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 03:54 AM
  #4974  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fast-on-dirt
Your right the 410's servo saver not the best I've ever seen either. But with the small space thats there, thats better than not having any give at all. I think thats the only weak point of the car I've found so far and if I wouldn't hit the pipes or wall it probably would not be a problem at all.
Theirin lies the problem; walls and pipes.
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 AM
  #4975  
Tech Master
iTrader: (58)
 
rfleck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HyperFX
Ron, the Kinwald setup works pretty well at the Clay Pit. Make a few personal changes, get your practice on, and you're ready for the RC Pro Southern Nats!
Tony
Thanks Tony, should be alot of fun. I will be there on Saturday evening in hopes of getting some track time.
rfleck is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 AM
  #4976  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
tonyv2382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,790
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

I told myself a million times I wouldnt get involved with nitro ever again but after seeing that DNX408 design all I c an think about is driving it
tonyv2382 is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 09:52 AM
  #4977  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Claresholm,Alberta
Posts: 1,484
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bmr919
I've been looking through the pages looking at gearing and temps,
i can't choose between tekin redline 5.5t or 6.5t, and what gearing to run i'm after power but reasonable run temps.
also i run a speedpassion gt2 esc.

thanks in advance
track i race at
Attachment 688288Attachment 688289Attachment 688290Attachment 688291
Very nice looking track.
shanem121 is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 10:36 AM
  #4978  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,912
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bmr919
I've been looking through the pages looking at gearing and temps,
i can't choose between tekin redline 5.5t or 6.5t, and what gearing to run i'm after power but reasonable run temps.
also i run a speedpassion gt2 esc.

thanks in advance
track i race at
Attachment 688288Attachment 688289Attachment 688290Attachment 688291
Use the 6.5. Gearing I'd start with a 23T or so with my standard esc setup.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 10:38 AM
  #4979  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
rangerjkb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,609
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Is anyone running swaybars? Front or Rear, both? What did you find?Thanks.....
Didn't like using the sway bars and prefer the car without, as it performs very well.
rangerjkb is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 11:56 AM
  #4980  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
I told myself a million times I wouldnt get involved with nitro ever again but after seeing that DNX408 design all I c an think about is driving it
They have an electric version in the works so you don't have to buy the nitro..........


Originally Posted by rangerjkb
Didn't like using the sway bars and prefer the car without, as it performs very well.
Thanks for the input. I don't have them and really didn't want to buy them either. What didn't you like about them? Thanks again......
Bman's 3XNT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.