Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 11:43 AM
  #4786  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
Maxxingout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 809
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I used the guide from the durangos home page site with my digital calipers. I set it per factory recommendation. The side that that broke is very thin. If anyone elses saver broke on the other side let us know. My guess is almost will be broken on this side.
Maxxingout is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 11:48 AM
  #4787  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (23)
 
uberjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 183
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
well after only my second run (partly into actually) i too have become victim of "cheap plastic servo saver junk"! Call it a bad design, cheap plastic, or both i'm not a ahppy little camper. Funny thing is i was weaving in and out of a S type section when i lost my steering. I'm sure that's just the place it decided to let go and was stressed/cracked already but look at these pics, like new!! Anyone want to buy a slightly use servo saver HAHA!
PM sent to see if you are interested in doing a group buy.
uberjeff is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 11:54 AM
  #4788  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
ABBOTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Charles ,MO
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

The ones i have seen were all broken in that same place. The Tresrey parts came very quick, 3 days. My last order however which was in a much larger box (body) took almost 3 weeks cause of customs.
ABBOTT is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 12:00 PM
  #4789  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
Maxxingout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 809
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

The ones i have seen were all broken in that same place. The Tresrey parts came very quick, 3 days. My last order however which was in a much larger box (body) took almost 3 weeks cause of customs.
and did you use[email protected] to contact them? Just want to make sure i've got the right info.
Maxxingout is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 12:04 PM
  #4790  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
tonyv2382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,790
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Im just sitting by waiting for this to happen to me.
tonyv2382 is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 12:48 PM
  #4791  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (28)
 
hlb14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by uberjeff
PM sent to see if you are interested in doing a group buy.
+1
hlb14 is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 01:04 PM
  #4792  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: n.e. ohio
Posts: 892
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hlb14
well the ups man just came, i'm part of the durango family now... the wife is going to kill me!
lmao, only if you tell her. hopefully you got the spec kit. like i say if your in trouble anyway, might as well make it worth your while!
cbrociuos is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 01:07 PM
  #4793  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (47)
 
hogmansp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Berrien Springs MI
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Shock test update

Well ran a few laps with the Shumacher shocks and hate to say it but they really planted the car on our track conditions. Took a look and the vid grapejuice posted and your track conditions are like carpet compaired to our indoor track. Had the shocks setup with 35-35 front rear oil and a 4 in lb spring in front and a 2.5 in the rear. Needed to run a 3.5 in the front and a 3 in the rear but they were unavailable for tested yesterday. Worked with a few durango setups today on the bench and to get the rangos to "feel" like the shumachers I had the fronts set up with dark red spings and 15wt oil and 2 hole pistons drilled to 54. The rears with dark blue and 10wt oil 3 hole pistons drilled to 54. To feel the shumachers yesterday I would have thought they would have been like a pogo stick but I am thinking that we are needing the quick rebound to keep in contact with the track. Car had more than enough steering with the 10-3 diff setup but I am going to try and bump them up a little just to tighten the rear up a little bit. Car rotated very well but was on the verg of being unpredictable. Here is a vid of the track conditions. Its a truggy nitro race but gives you the idea. Track is medium grip at it's best starts out the day very greasy and ends up a little dry. You can see if you look close at the surface it is loaded with hand size pot holes that just might be the reason for the inconsistant reactions of the car. I will post up with an update shortly on the couple of tests I want to run. Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClX_Er-fy9g
hogmansp is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 01:39 PM
  #4794  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (153)
 
grapejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,255
Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hogmansp
Well ran a few laps with the Shumacher shocks and hate to say it but they really planted the car on our track conditions. Took a look and the vid grapejuice posted and your track conditions are like carpet compaired to our indoor track. Had the shocks setup with 35-35 front rear oil and a 4 in lb spring in front and a 2.5 in the rear. Needed to run a 3.5 in the front and a 3 in the rear but they were unavailable for tested yesterday. Worked with a few durango setups today on the bench and to get the rangos to "feel" like the shumachers I had the fronts set up with dark red spings and 15wt oil and 2 hole pistons drilled to 54. The rears with dark blue and 10wt oil 3 hole pistons drilled to 54. To feel the shumachers yesterday I would have thought they would have been like a pogo stick but I am thinking that we are needing the quick rebound to keep in contact with the track. Car had more than enough steering with the 10-3 diff setup but I am going to try and bump them up a little just to tighten the rear up a little bit. Car rotated very well but was on the verg of being unpredictable. Here is a vid of the track conditions. Its a truggy nitro race but gives you the idea. Track is medium grip at it's best starts out the day very greasy and ends up a little dry. You can see if you look close at the surface it is loaded with hand size pot holes that just might be the reason for the inconsistant reactions of the car. I will post up with an update shortly on the couple of tests I want to run. Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClX_Er-fy9g
I am assuming you were using the shuey big bores? With big bores, you run them a lot softer than a standard size shock, which is why to get the durango ones to feel the same on the bench you have to go so light. And yes, my home track is very very high bite, we run losi pink slicks.
grapejuice is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:25 PM
  #4795  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (47)
 
hogmansp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Berrien Springs MI
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grapejuice
I am assuming you were using the shuey big bores? With big bores, you run them a lot softer than a standard size shock, which is why to get the durango ones to feel the same on the bench you have to go so light. And yes, my home track is very very high bite, we run losi pink slicks.
Yes they are the big bores. Very close to the same in. lb. spring ratings but completly different oil weights. Simply made the car planted in our conditions. I will try and post up a couple pics when I get a chance.
hogmansp is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:41 PM
  #4796  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
R-E-A-P-E-R-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 1,892
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

How did you mount them on the front without them hitting the CVD's?
R-E-A-P-E-R- is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:41 PM
  #4797  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (28)
 
hlb14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cbrociuos
lmao, only if you tell her. hopefully you got the spec kit. like i say if your in trouble anyway, might as well make it worth your while!
yup got the 2010 spec kit, she'll find out saturday when its spread out all over the kitchen table while i'm building it and watching football all day! i won't get any for a month but from reading about the cars performance it will be worth it
hlb14 is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:59 PM
  #4798  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
ABBOTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Charles ,MO
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Contact Yuji Shiraishi for [email protected] and he will hook you up. Super fast service, just remember they are on the other side of the globe so depending on the time of day it may take several hours to reply.
ABBOTT is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 03:10 PM
  #4799  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (47)
 
hogmansp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Berrien Springs MI
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
How did you mount them on the front without them hitting the CVD's?
The bottom of the shuey springs narrow down and clear by using a 2mm shim next to the arm on the bottom mounting hole and a 2mm spacer on the top stud. I will get a pic here shortly after dinner.
hogmansp is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 04:02 PM
  #4800  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (47)
 
hogmansp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Berrien Springs MI
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Here are a couple of pics. Sorry camera phone and dirty car.



hogmansp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.