Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just slightly lateral play without the shims. I put them back in so it would keep the gear mesh true. I agree too that how the very tight tolerances are a plus, it can also introduce some weird issues.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Just wondering how much grease you guys are putting on your diff ring and bevel gears?
Old 11-08-2009, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by gsrman4885
Just wondering how much grease you guys are putting on your diff ring and bevel gears?
I coated the gears in my hand with a moly-based grease then installed them
After 5-7 packs pulled everything apart and clean them out--refilled the diffs again
Old 11-08-2009, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DRKSYDE
For those that have ordered one of these cars has any one not received a confirmation email? i know it said within 2 hours if not recieved to check the spam/junk file to luck. i know its the weekend but as i cant find my order number anywhere and my card has been drafted i might be out of luck.i am not bashing just get paranoid when ordering from over seas and couldnt use paypal.
Check you spam folder
That is what happened to mine
Old 11-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've got some frineds who just ordered their Durango's. Might be getting one soon myself.
I'm looking for the quick rundown on a few things:
What breaks easily on the Durango?
What are critical spares for racing?
What wears out over some time (ie. cvd's, diff internals, etc. etc.) ?
Anyone have a good base setup for high-traction carpet offroad (with full sized jumps) ?
For a Mamba with 5700 on a tight track, what pinion/spur should be used? want to avoid excessive heat and maxamize acceleration - can sacrafice a 'lil top speed.

One of my friends told me that he's been reading setup sheets and people are building the Durango and using internal spacers on the shocks to limit droop when its designed with droop limiting screws in the arms that serve this purpose. Can anyone elaborate on this (why use internal spacers when droop screws exist)?

Thanks for any help!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Ebi
Tech Adept

@ Gump

They use limiters in the front shocks, because there are droop screws in the rear only.

Ebi
Old 11-09-2009, 03:28 AM
Tech Adept

A Mamba esc most likely will not fit. Even with a micro receiver I could barely shoehorn a GTB in there, I ended up using my RS. As far as spares- arms, hub carriers, ball cups, hinge pins, shock shafts are about as much as you may need. So far no one has seriously broken anything yet, at least that they told the world about
Old 11-09-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

It is always good to have a few parts
The car is very strong
Some parts that The team recommends as ones we should carry at all times hope this helps you and any one else: spur gears, drive shaft boots out drive, drive shaft boots wheel axle,front and rear drive shafts, gear input, wheel axles f&r, geared diff output, mid drive shafts f&r, drive shaft pins , front bulk head, arms f&r, rear 1 deg.hubs, shock boots, shock o-rings, steering knuckles, servo saver, wings, ball bearings 5x10x4,10x15x4 and front and rear hubs and your choice of color wheels.

Last edited by Crazy Carl; 11-09-2009 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
Check you spam folder
That is what happened to mine
thanks i did check my spam folder but as of 5:15est today i still have no email from them and noresponse to my email. i called the c.c. company today to see what i can do about it
Old 11-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

if any of you guys are at all worried about getting parts from over seas dont be because i ordered some parts on the 6th and they showed up at my door today!!!!!! great service and hella fast shipping!!!!! i cant even get anything that fast here in the states without spending an arm and leg
Old 11-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by msconcepts
if any of you guys are at all worried about getting parts from over seas dont be because i ordered some parts on the 6th and they showed up at my door today!!!!!! great service and hella fast shipping!!!!! i cant even get anything that fast here in the states without spending an arm and leg
interesting i cant even get an email stating they got my order on the 6th
Old 11-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Alright guys there has been alot of hype and talk now it is time to put up.

If this car is available in the US and you can get Parts support WHO is going to buy one?

Second question, For those of you that have them what parts do you need and want or think should be kept as stock on hand?

Thanks in Advance

Jason
Old 11-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by janderson78
Alright guys there has been alot of hype and talk now it is time to put up.

If this car is available in the US and you can get Parts support WHO is going to buy one?

Second question, For those of you that have them what parts do you need and want or think should be kept as stock on hand?

Thanks in Advance

Jason

What do you mean by who? If you mean customers, a bunch of people have already bought this car in the US. Mainly those who are dedicated to competition not bashing, which for the previous has been strictly designed for. But as far as distributors.... that all depends on which compainies are willing to import it and support it. Because of the price tag, it may not be as hot of a seller as SCT's are because it has a narrow market. So most may choose to pass on carrying it.

For your second question... I know some tend to not read back pages for a simple answer, but read around on this exact page. Sorry, not trying to be a D**k, but just had to point it out.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Read my post again and you might realize I am not asking as a racer. But thanks for the input.

Jason Anderson
www.ascendancyrc.com the company bringing top quality products from Europe to the US!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

So... you plan on being the US distributor?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.