Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
How many mm's do you have your saver screwed in?
Good question Ill check for you tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rideordieguy1
What's up Tony. I ordered a 24t pinion which was the match on that site u referred me to. I guess I was way under geared. With my aluminum horn and pinion installed I should be alot faster than what I was. I went through my whole buggy adjusted the saver and installed the kyosho seals in the diffs. Can't wait to see the difference. Thanks again dude.
You should be dead on now. Did u see the new loayout pics? Seriously looks good. Should be lots of fun and no tricky uneven doubles to clear lol. As for your setup, anything you do to strengthen the weak points you will feel the difference. The 0-rings were the best change I made but Carl gave me some different brand not Kyosho, but they are seriously good. Bone dry diffs no leaks. As for faster, that comes with practice.

Also guys Ive experimented the last couple times out with Losi and Xray diff oils. I dunno if its just me but after I changed the Xray oils they seemed to be in better shape than the losi oils. My losi oils are straight up black when Im changing oils, the Xray ones have a slight greyish tint which leads me to believe that they break down less between heats. Anyone have any input on that?
Old 12-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05
i placed the order with tresrey via email and paypal was sent to them , how did you received your package , via postal service or ups and they mention something about i may have to pay customs

I received via USPS. All I paid was shipping, no customs. All I bought were a few small items.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Cool Servo saver setup per tips site...

Filed under: Tricks and Tips — Team Durango UK @ 9:38 am
Setting up your Servo Saver correctly can help you reduce your lap times and protect your servo gears during crashes.

Step 1.

With your Servo Saver partially assembled as on page 29 of the DEX410 manual apply Thread lock (TD39006) to the top few threads of the Servo Saver Shaft (TD713001)

Step 2.

Screw on the Servo Saver Nut (TD708001) and screw down until the nut is 1.4mm below the end of the Servo Saver Shaft (TD713001).

With the nut at this setting it should be just possible to move the arms together in a ’squeezing’ motion with your fingers.

This setting is only a guide to give you a good starting point for your kit.

Remember that the threadlock will take at least 1 hour to start to set, so ideally your servo saver should be set before you attend a race meeting. Once the threadlock has set, finer adjustments can be made at the meeting.

If your car seems to wander about from left to right and does not hold the trim setting on your transmitter very well, your servo saver may be too loose. Your car may also feel like it has not enough steering in tight and high speed corners. If your car has either of these symptoms, check your servo saver.

If your servo saver is too tight you may risk damaging your servo saver and your servo.

Once you are happy with your setting, measure the distance in step 2 and note it down in your manual. Then when you rebuild your kit you will know the correct setting for your servo and car.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
You should be dead on now. Did u see the new loayout pics? Seriously looks good. Should be lots of fun and no tricky uneven doubles to clear lol. As for your setup, anything you do to strengthen the weak points you will feel the difference. The 0-rings were the best change I made but Carl gave me some different brand not Kyosho, but they are seriously good. Bone dry diffs no leaks. As for faster, that comes with practice.

Also guys Ive experimented the last couple times out with Losi and Xray diff oils. I dunno if its just me but after I changed the Xray oils they seemed to be in better shape than the losi oils. My losi oils are straight up black when Im changing oils, the Xray ones have a slight greyish tint which leads me to believe that they break down less between heats. Anyone have any input on that?
It looks more tecnical now
Old 12-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

can someone give me the email address to order tresury products please...

NEVER MIND LMAO... I was asking for a fellow Durango driver, but he clearly got to the question first.. I read back a few pages
Old 12-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Cool Tresrey...

The email is on yesterday's pages. About 1 or 2 pages back.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Cool Track..

Originally Posted by TraxxasPeter
It looks more tecnical now
Yep the track looks very demanding. But like all the other layouts once u go around it a couple of times it becomes familiar as far as timing all the jumps or drifting distances. Can't wait to try it out later in the week .....
Old 12-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rideordieguy1
Yep the track looks very demanding. But like all the other layouts once u go around it a couple of times it becomes familiar as far as timing all the jumps or drifting distances. Can't wait to try it out later in the week .....
True but the last layout had this tricky double that you either cleared, rolled over or crashed and burned if u tried to clear it due to how uneven the jumps were lol. Now atleast it looks like we can all get around in one piece and only worry about racing.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corey Bernardo
can someone give me the email address to order tresury products please...

NEVER MIND LMAO... I was asking for a fellow Durango driver, but he clearly got to the question first.. I read back a few pages
lol thanks corey , i placed the order last night with tresrey via my phone lol "got to love technology" i got you on facebook now .....
Old 12-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

I've only tried the OFNA Diff oils and had same results as the Xray oils you used, slightly grey after about 8 races and consistency holds up very well. I've used in my 8th scales for years and haven't had a reason to change to another brand.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
I've only tried the OFNA Diff oils and had same results as the Xray oils you used, slightly grey after about 8 races and consistency holds up very well. I've used in my 8th scales for years and haven't had a reason to change to another brand.
Associated and PTRC diff oils are good too. The losi shock oils are good though, hardly any discoloration.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rfleck
Associated and PTRC diff oils are good too. The losi shock oils are good though, hardly any discoloration.
No the Losi stuff is very good, it just seems to hold up a bit less than the xray oil. But I think Im going to go for the xray oils from now on.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

No the Losi stuff is very good, it just seems to hold up a bit less than the xray oil. But I think Im going to go for the xray oils from now on.
No doubt the xray stuff is good, although it is a bit pricey.

so, I hit a parked slash today stripped the stock servo horn. I know alot of ppl have had servo saver issues. What aluminum servo horn are you guys using? I am using a Hitec 7955 servo. I have a losi horn, any issues with using it?
Old 12-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
No doubt the xray stuff is good, although it is a bit pricey.

so, I hit a parked slash today stripped the stock servo horn. I know alot of ppl have had servo saver issues. What aluminum servo horn are you guys using? I am using a Hitec 7955 servo. I have a losi horn, any issues with using it?
I use the Losi horn with no problem. I did put a spacer between the arm and ball. Without it there is a pretty steep angle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.