Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

damn i was too late`on that deal. if anyone is selling a dex410 please let me know.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

They have them in stock, you can order them here. It takes about 2-3 days to get to US address's

http://www.team-durango.com/shop/sp/buildOrder.php
Old 11-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
So, when can I pick that up today for Junction tomorrow.....
JUST BRING ME A $2000 DEPOSIT
Old 11-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Originally Posted by msconcepts
JUST BRING ME A $2000 DEPOSIT
Sweet, I'll be right over with a check, and since it's a deposit I get it back when I return the car right? (in better shape of coarse then when matt drove it )
Old 11-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trap121
Blackstring, Have you had a chance to run your DEX at CRC yet?

No I haven't I was going to run tomorrow but My IP battery hasn't even shipped yet even though I ordered it last friday. Figures that I went with the killer price of 65.00 on ebay coming from hong kong, should have just spent the extra 35.00 and got it from Amain.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Do I need to order all the springs too or do the stock springs work on US tracks? What about toe plates? Besides spares do i need any other parts.

The track I run on is an 8th scale track. How does it handle big jumps and rough tracks?
Old 11-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by infanterene
Do I need to order all the springs too or do the stock springs work on US tracks? What about toe plates? Besides spares do i need any other parts.

The track I run on is an 8th scale track. How does it handle big jumps and rough tracks?
ill let you know!!!!!!!! from what i can tell after only one night its not bad but really bouncy. looks like adding weight will calm it down a bit though. ill let you know after i spend some more time with it!!!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone encounter rough mesh with either of the diff's pinion/outer gear? My front had a "spot" about 6 teeth or so that was tighter than the rest of the rotation causing a on off on off grinding noise. I got it to go away by putting the copper shim to the other side of the diff to loosen the mesh. I cleaned and meticulously inspected the outer gear and seemed OK to the naked eye. I also reseated the gear to the diff housing but the spot was still there. Anybody else have this issue? If not I'm gonna contact TD..
Old 11-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Blackstring
Anyone encounter rough mesh with either of the diff's pinion/outer gear? My front had a "spot" about 6 teeth or so that was tighter than the rest of the rotation causing a on off on off grinding noise. I got it to go away by putting the copper shim to the other side of the diff to loosen the mesh. I cleaned and meticulously inspected the outer gear and seemed OK to the naked eye. I also reseated the gear to the diff housing but the spot was still there. Anybody else have this issue? If not I'm gonna contact TD..
I had a similar issue and contscted them. They gave me alist of things to check. After taking the whole drive train and diffs apart 2 or 3 times I narrowed it down to the shims. I took all the shims off the diff and the spur. Its still a tight drive train but the grinding has stopped
Old 11-06-2009, 10:16 PM
png
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trap121
I had a similar issue and contscted them. They gave me alist of things to check. After taking the whole drive train and diffs apart 2 or 3 times I narrowed it down to the shims. I took all the shims off the diff and the spur. Its still a tight drive train but the grinding has stopped
what are the list to check? care to share.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

For those that have ordered one of these cars has any one not received a confirmation email? i know it said within 2 hours if not recieved to check the spam/junk file to luck. i know its the weekend but as i cant find my order number anywhere and my card has been drafted i might be out of luck.i am not bashing just get paranoid when ordering from over seas and couldnt use paypal.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DRKSYDE
For those that have ordered one of these cars has any one not received a confirmation email?

I received mine within 20 minutes, and the shipping notice the following day. But it was during the week. Try calling or email them on monday. Be patient, I don't think they are in on the weekends. They're really quick to sorting out problems though.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Blackstring, did you get the grinding figured out?
Old 11-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

yeah, I had moved the brass shim to the other side so both were on the opposite side of the outer gear. This spaced it over a tad to loosen the gear mesh without adding side slop that just removing the shims would do. Also I noticed it got tighter when I inserted it into the bulkheads so I loosened the chassis/bulkhead screws, inserted the diff, then tightened the screws. works fine now.

Still waiting on my batteries though. Le sigh....
Old 11-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Blackstring
yeah, I had moved the brass shim to the other side so both were on the opposite side of the outer gear. This spaced it over a tad to loosen the gear mesh without adding side slop that just removing the shims would do. Also I noticed it got tighter when I inserted it into the bulkheads so I loosened the chassis/bulkhead screws, inserted the diff, then tightened the screws. works fine now.

Still waiting on my batteries though. Le sigh....
Good to hear. Without the shims your diff slid around?? Mine was so tight that when I let off the throttle the wheels came to an immediate stop...along with making a scary noise. My diff sits perfect w/o any slop....strange buggy.

Let me know once you get that thing on the track. I think I'm going to try lighter diff oils next time I come out there to experiment a little

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.