Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

if you ever came to the races you could have just driven mine.lol if you need any help w/ setup just ask or come up to bula and drive mine its glued there. if you like how it feels ill gladly give you my complete setup. then you can adjust to your liking form there. and remember reinos marinade is your best friend there.
I wish i could be up at more than i have! After the holidays i will. Actually a couple of days ago i just finished the build. But i didn't even know someone at the track had a 410 till i read you did. Actually that's good cause i'm sure i'll need some guidance.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
Sometimes I forget just how biased the internet is.
Wayne,
Awesome guy with alot of knowledge, but probably not the best post when read for what it looks like. Definitely looking forward to enjoying more close racing with you soon in 4WD class. See ya after the Holidays and wish you and your family the best!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default Rear traction handling

Miket3,
Also, if you need more stability from the rear of the car, you can lengthen the rear camberlinks and move to inside lower hole on shock tower, car becomes much easier to drive and less chance of looping/rotating out suddenly. Something else you could experiment with when fine tuning your ride.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I haven't driven my rango yet but if it sucks I will come on here and share. I know they have crappy materials for axles and the servo system sucks. We will se when lrp sends my speedoa back. Fwiw I'm a pretty fast driver so I will know if it's as good as this thread says. I do watch the slower guys running them and they look like they are hitting above there heads so I'm excited to see what I can do.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I haven't driven my rango yet but if it sucks I will come on here and share. I know they have crappy materials for axles and the servo system sucks. We will se when lrp sends my speedoa back. Fwiw I'm a pretty fast driver so I will know if it's as good as this thread says. I do watch the slower guys running them and they look like they are hitting above there heads so I'm excited to see what I can do.
In the hands of more experienced drivers, it seems to just be an unbeatable rocket! It definitely ups our game for those of us who don't have the opportunity to practice/race as often as we'd like.
One of the things I've had to whatch is the set screws on all CVD locations, regardless of type of "blue" loctite used. After about 6-8 races, they tend to loosen up on mine (thankfully I enjoy the r/c maintaining side also).
Old 12-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
Miket3,
Also, if you need more stability from the rear of the car, you can lengthen the rear camberlinks and move to inside lower hole on shock tower, car becomes much easier to drive and less chance of looping/rotating out suddenly. Something else you could experiment with when fine tuning your ride.
I'll experiment with them both and see what feels good to me.

I also printed off the hudy offroad set up book, so I'll start studying.

Mike
Old 12-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

In the hands of more experienced drivers, it seems to just be an unbeatable rocket! It definitely ups our game for those of us who don't have the opportunity to practice/race as often as we'd like.
One of the things I've had to whatch is the set screws on all CVD locations, regardless of type of "blue" loctite used. After about 6-8 races, they tend to loosen up on mine (thankfully I enjoy the r/c maintaining side also).
make sure you hit the flat part of the pin w/ one grub screw and make sure the other side has a grub screw in it also. mine havent loosened up once w/ blue locktight. im still running the 1.5mm.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
I wish i could be up at more than i have! After the holidays i will. Actually a couple of days ago i just finished the build. But i didn't even know someone at the track had a 410 till i read you did. Actually that's good cause i'm sure i'll need some guidance.
what ever you need let me know ill be glad to help!
Old 12-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Miket3,
+1 the outside hole on the hubs helps this too. you'll want to get the jconcepts offset ball cups for the hub so you can maintain droop.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cbrociuos
make sure you hit the flat part of the pin w/ one grub screw and make sure the other side has a grub screw in it also. mine havent loosened up once w/ blue locktight. im still running the 1.5mm.
I tried that method and although it lasted a while...Something about 2 opposing forces is unsettling to me...while one is pushing one way the other is pushing the opposite way leaving the pin to break free when just one loosens slightly. IMO best way, not recommended for all but for me...RED loctite that sucker and if u EVER lose the pin just replace the shaft. I guarantee ull never loose the pin lol.

I replaced my first front drive shaft on the car since I bought it back in early summer. Not bad huh?

I know its not recommended to most but I just rather have peace of mind knowing that thing is on tight than waiting for the moment it loosens.

As for all that other drama involving the whole B44 issue....who cares lol. Brush that off and lets go racing.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
TQ'd and won the Shogun Series race we had at my local track!!
Congrats
Old 12-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

im making my wife wait until im done racing sat. to leave for nyc.(well 40min outside the city) i was going to come to lir but i guess long island is about 2 hours from where ill be. with the 45min one way to race sat. then 7 hours to get to ny, 2 more to race sun. is just too much time in a car! maybe next time i make it up that way when we stay longer ill make it out. not to mention you guys have a serial killer on the loose up there!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tcmodels
Thanks for the heads up on those servos. I've heard nothing, but great things about them. Couldn't pass up that price...$56.00 to the door for the 1258TG (.08sec/166oz.) Hope it's as good as people using them say. Savox USA is also offering $20 trade in rebate on their website..not bad.

Miket3: nice large track, the Durango must love that place!

Grapejuice: Nice Shogun Series win, Congrat's!!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thanks for the heads up on those servos. I've heard nothing, but great things about them. Couldn't pass up that price...$56.00 to the door for the 1258TG (.08sec/166oz.) Hope it's as good as people using them say. Savox USA is also offering $20 trade in rebate on their website..not bad.

Miket3: nice large track, the Durango must love that place!

Grapejuice: Nice Shogun Series win, Congrat's!!!!
Yeah the place is nice. I'll make some changes and race again on sunday and report back.

Congrats Grapejuice

thanks again for the info.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
TQ'd and won the Shogun Series race we had at my local track!!
Look at you with that scratch! Nice job, too bad I couldn't make it out Wed to get in your way. Rumble in the Rockies isn't too far away now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.