Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cbrociuos
go to the b44.1 and ask the same question im sure those guys would give you nothing but an unbiased scientific breakdown of their car. obviously we have a biased opinion we race the damn thing. that doesnt take away from the fact that it is the BEST 4wd buggy ever! its starting to sound like your just mad because you dont have one and your trying to take your frustrations out on those who do. ask santa, you never know one may show up under your tree in eight days. you obviously want one or you wouldnt have dropped in on OUR thread trying to tell us how we should run it! once you get one you can come on here and tell everyone how the x-rings are junk and leak, oh ya thats been covered to death every twenty pages or so and its easily fixed w/ o-rings. if i didnt know about the car and was thinking of buying a $650 kit id read the thread, all in all its pretty unbiased all the issues are in here, discussed at length.
I want all my COMPETITION to run a B44 Am I biased, you bet your sweet ars I am!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miket3
I want to start off giving thanks to all the guys who have posted set up info. It's really nice to have when someone is just starting with this car. I have the DEX 2010 spec and my friend has a 2009 DEX. (hogsman is his name on here) H

Were running them on an indoor damp clay track. The surface is tricky as it's not asphalt smooth, has some smooth parts and some bumpy parts..this is not blue groove traction.

We have been fighting the back of the cars being loose on power coming out of a corner. The best tire we've found so far is the suburbs front and rear clay compound. I have tried cory's set up and currently have something real similar to grape juice on with diff's 10/5 and shocks DK Blue 35 ..2 hole/ REAR light blue 30..3 hole pistons. I have the weight plate at the rear only.

OK, so this is what I'm hoping you guys can help explain to us.

I started with light green rear springs..back was way loose. I switched to lIght blue rear spring..quite a bit better grip..then I switched the #4 rear plate to #2 and I got even more rear grip ?/

I was just changing things and trying them a experiment. What I don't understand is why the stiffer rear spring is giving more rear side bite OR what the rear toe plate actually changed ?

And lastly I'll keep my Tekin 10.5 over the LRP SXX V2 TC 10.5 OR 6.5 anyday.

thanks
Mike
Check your slipper too, make sure it's not too tight.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
I understand You need the front aluminum hingepin holders and pivot balls, are the rears necessary to replace? I'm itching to get one of these little babies. Are the aluminum shock towers a weak point? I have seen someone mention that they have tweaked one. I also understand that the diff o-rings could potentially be a weak point.
I haven't had any issues with the aluminum towers. I think one of the guys had tweeked one, but it was from nasty crash.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I might just replace over time with the new Treysey cf units. Has anyone tried the MOS shock bodies from them?
Old 12-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
I understand You need the front aluminum hingepin holders and pivot balls, are the rears necessary to replace? I'm itching to get one of these little babies. Are the aluminum shock towers a weak point? I have seen someone mention that they have tweaked one. I also understand that the diff o-rings could potentially be a weak point.
i have the spec kit so ill answer the part of you question i can. the x-rings are junk, if you can find the p5 kyosho o-rings dont even build your kit w/ the x-rings. people have stated that they are only a prob. w/ light fluid i run 10 and 1 and i can tell you the rear leaks the first run the fronts leak by the third. the p5 o-rings completely fix the prob. tresrey has p5 o-rings to if the kyosho's are back ordered. as for the aluminum shock towers not sure but from reading the thread i dont think that they are a real issue. not anymore than they are on a 1/8. aluminum bends, sooner or later they will tweak but i dont believe its a real issue. if they tweak then order the c.f. hope that helps.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

rumor has it a top sponsored durango driver is in town and racing at our local track. im not allowed to post who yet. i was sworn to secrecy. well see just how good our top guys are in our, not so huge, 4wd buggy class. i cant wait!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You guys are free to think what you like about my reasons for pointing out what I did -- which remember, was quoting you fellas and adding ONE sentence. It's obvious that no amount of posting on my part will convince you of my true intentions or that your deep dive into my psyche based on ONE sentence is somehow less than accurate. There is literally nothing that I can do once the anti-me bandwagon in this thread has started rolling -- it is powered by pure cognitive dissonance, so I'll honor your wishes and let you be by not responding to this exchange after this post -- after all, I was content originally with my off-the-cuff ONE sentence comment, to which I expected perhaps a "lol", but instead got scorn and accusation (that I bashed on the car, which I did not, go back and read, seriously).

I know why. I'm not without reason -- it's because there's a little "b44" in my signature. It disqualifies myself from speaking in this thread without skepticism on your part -- I must have an agenda!

I will leave you with this, so perhaps you can do some personal introspection in regard to this whole exchange: I never once mentioned my b44 in my posts on this subject. I never said anything negative, if anything at all, about the durango. I made it a point to not even mention another car or talk about the durango. You guys brought up my b44 -- repeatedly. I was accused of bashing on the 410 -- I challenge you to find where I did that once. I've also been called a trouble maker today. What do you think would have happened if I had had "DEX410R" in my signature instead, and posted the same ONE sentence. Somehow I think the results today would have been different.

Somehow I think that the real issue here isn't that somebody noticed some biased statements on the internet as much as the noticed the wrong prerequisite characters in a signature, and it's a darn shame if that's how this really works here.

Wayne
Old 12-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Razathorn
You guys are free to think what you like about my reasons for pointing out what I did -- which remember, was quoting you fellas and adding ONE sentence. It's obvious that no amount of posting on my part will convince you of my true intentions or that your deep dive into my psyche based on ONE sentence is somehow less than accurate. There is literally nothing that I can do once the anti-me bandwagon in this thread has started rolling -- it is powered by pure cognitive dissonance, so I'll honor your wishes and let you be by not responding to this exchange after this post -- after all, I was content originally with my off-the-cuff ONE sentence comment, to which I expected perhaps a "lol", but instead got scorn and accusation (that I bashed on the car, which I did not, go back and read, seriously).

I know why. I'm not without reason -- it's because there's a little "b44" in my signature. It disqualifies myself from speaking in this thread without skepticism on your part -- I must have an agenda!

I will leave you with this, so perhaps you can do some personal introspection in regard to this whole exchange: I never once mentioned my b44 in my posts on this subject. I never said anything negative, if anything at all, about the durango. I made it a point to not even mention another car or talk about the durango. You guys brought up my b44 -- repeatedly. I was accused of bashing on the 410 -- I challenge you to find where I did that once. I've also been called a trouble maker today. What do you think would have happened if I had had "DEX410R" in my signature instead, and posted the same ONE sentence. Somehow I think the results today would have been different.

Somehow I think that the real issue here isn't that somebody noticed some biased statements on the internet as much as the noticed the wrong prerequisite characters in a signature, and it's a darn shame if that's how this really works here.

Wayne
to which i reply beat it wayne. when you get a durango come on back and we'll gladly help you w/ any issues you have. as for your b44 we dont care. go and help people on a thread for a car you own. im sure people dont want advise on their durango from someone that doesnt even own the car they are commenting on! seriously when you get one come back (you know your going to) we'll forget this ever happened!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Wow guys. No way to treat anyone. Razathorn is one of the guys to go to for setup help at our track. I don't own a Durango anymore. Am I allowed to post in here?

And I thought I was a dick...
Jesus christ
Old 12-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Wow guys. No way to treat anyone. Razathorn is one of the guys to go to for setup help at our track. I don't own a Durango anymore. Am I allowed to post in here?

And I thought I was a dick...
Jesus christ
ok maybe that was a little harsh but the guy quoted me out of context and the only reason he came on here was to start trouble. there is no reason to start calling names, yes i can be a dick, but i dont take sh!t from anyone. trust me. i race at arcs and have fun hobbies in ne ohio if you'd like to look me up and start calling names.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
Check your slipper too, make sure it's not too tight.
I can make it slip in my hand with a pretty good amount of effort.I don't hear it on the track or even on carpet..when I hit the gas the thing is like direct drive. Now I didn't think about this and it's probably too tight. I'll loosen it a little and see how my car is a affected.

Thanks for the tip grapejuice.

So when I went from the #4 to the #2 on the rear of the car..WHAT did i change ??

Mike
Old 12-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by miket3
I can make it slip in my hand with a pretty good amount of effort.I don't hear it on the track or even on carpet..when I hit the gas the thing is like direct drive. Now I didn't think about this and it's probably too tight. I'll loosen it a little and see how my car is a affected.

Thanks for the tip grapejuice.

So when I went from the #4 to the #2 on the rear of the car..WHAT did i change ??

Mike
Yeah, the stock setting is pretty tight from what I remember, if that is what you used.
As for the rear mounts, going from a #4 to a #2 decreases the anti-squat, so it has less forward bit.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
Yeah, the stock setting is pretty tight from what I remember, if that is what you used.
As for the rear mounts, going from a #4 to a #2 decreases the anti-squat, so it has less forward bit.
so by decreasing the forward bite, did I GAIN side bite ?

My friend tried the switching his -2 in front to +2 and that was a wayyy out to lunch.

As for the stock setting I don't know what that is..I bought the car used and din't get a book.

thanks again for the info..I'm trying to learn as much as I can about how certain adjustments affect the car, and what it actually is those adjustments are doing. This will save me alot of time at the track.

here's pic's of the track we race on. I believe it's 160X70 and has alot of elevation changes.

http://www.raceworldraceway.com/Track_Pics.asp

thanks
Mike
Old 12-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

TQ'd and won the Shogun Series race we had at my local track!!
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-shogun-1.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.