Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
Sometimes I forget just how biased the internet is.
Uhhh...ur in the DEX410 thread...what do u want us to do promote ur b44? Some of us have had ur car and have atleast driven it...which is why we ended up with the DEX
Plus, the internet can't be biased, the PEOPLE on the internet are. I'm sure if some1 strolled into the b44 thread they would be biased too. So your goal here was to accomplish what?
Old 12-17-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Adept

savox crazy sell
http://www.tcmodels.net/index.php?pa...hk=1&Itemid=71
Old 12-17-2010, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Uhhh...ur in the DEX410 thread...what do u want us to do promote ur b44? Some of us have had ur car and have atleast driven it...which is why we ended up with the DEX
Plus, the internet can't be biased, the PEOPLE on the internet are. I'm sure if some1 strolled into the b44 thread they would be biased too. So your goal here was to accomplish what?
What I drive has nothing to do with it. What I or others might get in the future has everything to do with it. Go into any other car thread and you'll obviously see bias, but greif guys, some folks here make it sound like the durango's the only one with round wheels.

Some of us here have followed this car from the very beginning and are actively following the development of the car to determine if and when we want to give it a try. We've watched it on the track, talked to owners, and driven it ourselves. The reports at the track from people who own and who have driven them are useful -- useful comparisons from previous owners of other cars, comparing the differences, listing pros/cons. Then you come in here and ask for opinions and what do you get: mig fighter jet that shits out ball diffs. Sounds like solid information, time to go buy a kit!

I guess my goal is to advocate useful information over blatant fanaticism? I didn't really have a goal -- I wasn't on a mission. I was just taken aback by the stark difference in feedback the internet provides vs real world feedback from drivers at the track. It's almost as thick here as the thread for the TLR 22, which by the way, is apparently the only 2wd buggy with round wheels.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

You are my favorite Wayne

What I drive has nothing to do with it. What I or others might get in the future has everything to do with it. Go into any other car thread and you'll obviously see bias, but greif guys, some folks here make it sound like the durango's the only one with round wheels.

Some of us here have followed this car from the very beginning and are actively following the development of the car to determine if and when we want to give it a try. We've watched it on the track, talked to owners, and driven it ourselves. The reports at the track from people who own and who have driven them are useful -- useful comparisons from previous owners of other cars, comparing the differences, listing pros/cons. Then you come in here and ask for opinions and what do you get: mig fighter jet that shits out ball diffs. Sounds like solid information, time to go buy a kit!

I guess my goal is to advocate useful information over blatant fanaticism? I didn't really have a goal -- I wasn't on a mission. I was just taken aback by the stark difference in feedback the internet provides vs real world feedback from drivers at the track. It's almost as thick here as the thread for the TLR 22, which by the way, is apparently the only 2wd buggy with round wheels.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Real

OK you want real info on the buggy. I am by far not a good driver maybe about a 6 out of ten I have had a ZX5 a b44 a xx4 a xxx4 and tried set up after set up on those buggies and got them to run well but I have a dex 410r now I did break the front pin holder and the servo saver but my fault hit the wall. Now to tell you I have the stock set up on this buggy and it is the best out of all the buggies that I have used It turns super tight flies very very good and really it makes my driving look better then it is because it is so easy to drive. now that real and if something better came out tomorrow I would get it but I dont think it will happen very soon I also think that we will see the other to big guys follow the DEX as in no more tub chassis and every thing down the middle instead of on the sides hope this helps you out when you are putting the cash out for a new Buggy
Old 12-17-2010, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Eric1972- you are correct and I stand by your post and say its true!!!!!! THE CAR IS AWESOME... I am still mad I had to sell mine do to no 4wd class
Old 12-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitman72
well im going to buy a car friday dont really know what to buy. Is the durango that much better than a b44.1 could you guys tell me about the pros and cons. are parts expensive for the durango to buy and what spares should i buy
Hitman, The other posts cover the spares you will need. I would also get an extra wingstay just incase. I parked my car at the end of the track the other day and accidentlly hit the throttle when I was coming off the driver's stand and the car dropped about 4 feet onto concrete and broke the wingstay. No biggie, my fault. Otherwise that is the only thing that has broken since putting on the aluminum hinge pin holders which come with the prospec kit.

The car is phenominal. I am not sure about the B44.1 as I have not driven one. The B44 is a good car in it's own right (yes, I have had one), but for me it was much more on edge and not nearly as easy to drive fast. The B44 also seemed to "rattle apart" more easily. It will need ot be looked over more closely in between rounds at the track.

The durango is fast whether you are a smooth or hard driver. It does everything well and is built like a tank. If you are familiar with running 1/8th scale then this is the car for you. Alot of us have replaced the stock xrings in the diffs with Kyosho P5 seals. It is not mandatory but the stock rings sometimes leak. When building the car follow the tips on oople, and also may sure you sand the hex on the diff outdrives a little bit so the gears slide on and off easily prior to assembly the diff. If you do not do this, you will most likely have to dremel the diff case to get it removed.

Enjoy your new Christmas present!
Old 12-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Ya thats all well and good, but you're still in the wrong place for this kind of discussion. Im pretty sure we all are more than satisfied with the car and you may have heard different from people but in my experience and from the feedback I get from extremely fast racers sponsored by OTHER brands as well, have nothing but good feedback for it. The car is very, very good.

And as for the 22...Losi knows why they picked the ally chassis, and the same overall shape as a Rango....BECAUSE IT WORKS!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sometimes I forget just how biased the internet is.
why didnt you quote the sentence that i prefaced my statement with. on a wide open track not too much difference! on a tight track the car in the hands of the same driver properly set up will be faster! it accelerates faster it turns tighter, and is far more reliable. everyone ive let drive my car loves it. im still the only one that races one in my area. 4wd has really slowed down here the last year and a half. as soon as it picks back up i know several b44, d4 and losi guys that are going to "upgrade" the kits they have now! listen like ive stated in the past im not the fastest guy on the track (and i suck w/ a 2wd buggy) but this car makes me look good. its easy to drive smooth or pushing the limits. oh ya im still laughing about your mig fighter post, that was good!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Ya thats all well and good, but you're still in the wrong place for this kind of discussion.
Got it: The place for rational discussion and feedback about the pros/cons of the durango platform for potential new owners is not the durango thread.

Crystal clear.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Old 12-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Got it: The place for rational discussion and feedback about the pros/cons of the durango platform for potential new owners is not the durango thread.

Crystal clear.
go to the b44.1 and ask the same question im sure those guys would give you nothing but an unbiased scientific breakdown of their car. obviously we have a biased opinion we race the damn thing. that doesnt take away from the fact that it is the BEST 4wd buggy ever! its starting to sound like your just mad because you dont have one and your trying to take your frustrations out on those who do. ask santa, you never know one may show up under your tree in eight days. you obviously want one or you wouldnt have dropped in on OUR thread trying to tell us how we should run it! once you get one you can come on here and tell everyone how the x-rings are junk and leak, oh ya thats been covered to death every twenty pages or so and its easily fixed w/ o-rings. if i didnt know about the car and was thinking of buying a $650 kit id read the thread, all in all its pretty unbiased all the issues are in here, discussed at length.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

Well thanks guys for all the advice and tips. Called the lhs and they will not even get parts in for me the why and the hell did u bring this car in don't make any sence to me. I won't this badly now I just have to get over the 550 price tag and hope that it all works out kinda nervous because I have had a b44 but would like something new just no real support here in Calgary for it at all we r trying to get 1/10 scale back on track here thanks again for all the help will post tonight what I bought
Old 12-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Crystal clear.
no, you know very well what you were doing when you decided to make that original comment. We all very well know what the car's shortcomings are and we have addressed them to all new owners. We didnt say buy it and youre good, we warn them all which parts are faulty. You are just here to stir up crap because of some deep seeded hatred for your own car probably. Maybe you secretly wish for everyone to be a miserable AE owner just like you lol.

Sorry man, you're just here to cause problems. Do yourself a favor and do an about face. Keep it movin
Old 12-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well since i'm a total green behind the ears, electric, 1/10, 4wd owner i'll see if this thing makes me look better than i know i am. I'm not going to go out and buy a B44 or anything but will try and post an informative point of view from a novice stand point. I will admit that a couple of weeks ago before i bought the dex i was trying to find some in depth review from someone who had/has both. On things that i've read and the fact that i also have a nitro buggy & truggy, the diffs and alum chassis got my attention. I kinda know how to tune this style of rc so i went with something that looked familiar. I have other points as to why i picked the dex410 but personal insite on a constructive level is always welcome if you ask me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.