Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 11:31 PM
  #4246  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by makaluch
No. I don't have lots of electric experience, just nitro. I typically follow the fast guys in the herd and usually have good luck. Unfortunately I don't have the time to be at the track like the track rats do. Tekin seems solid at my local indoor track and holds most of the track records on this layout. They can't be that bad. I'm sure lots of the preference and faith stuff is track specific. I'm betting that no one at my local indoor reaches max rpm, and if they do they can't sustain it for more than a half-second before setting up for the next corner. LIR looks pretty fast and flowing so you guys are running your electronics near the edge of their limits to stay on pace. I can see how LRP/Castle would do better there. I do believe that Tekin is primadonna stuff and can't take a good ass-beatin...but not complete garbage.

LiL_JaSoN - Those temps are right in the sweetspot! Stay there and work on your your lap times before gearing up. Are you on pace? It's better not to push your electronics until you're very comfortable with the car. Get closer to the pace, check your temps there, and then reconsider. Overgeared or undergeared for your driving style and the track are the primary reasons for heat problems. And yes, your temps will go up a little if ambient temps are higher.
thanks, seems like i was on track. im running a tekin rs pro/ballistic 8.5t on 22t.

it was a pretty cool day, ill see how it runs on a hotter day. might need to go a 21t pinion
LiL_JaSoN is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 10:41 AM
  #4247  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
rangerjkb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,609
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Ya the durango 2wd is long overdue...IMO that shouldve been out way before the nitro and SC stuff. But I guess they have theyre own agenda. Def. felt suirrely with the 2 on the rear. Also make sure you guys have the aluminum inner rearas it may prevent the outer rear from breaking as well. Ive actually broken the rear inner once clipping the pipe and it s a pain getting to that piece. IMO if atleast 1 holder is alum. youre good to go.

First try the easiest thing which is to change the rear to the 4. And then moveon to the wrenching to change the inner to +2. Believe me I think the rear on 4 is enough to get you going faster.
Tonyv2382 Thanks for the recommendation. Already running what most guys are using for setup (definitly alum suspension holders, never even put on plastic ones). We've been toying with minor tweeks here and there, to see if we can get more out of the Durango's...sometimes good results and most of the time not so good, usually going back to original working setup. The setup most everyone runs is very spot on. I guess that what happens when you want another sec or two out of a run (oh, and of course continue practicing on driving), lol!
rangerjkb is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 11:00 AM
  #4248  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
tonyv2382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,790
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
Tonyv2382 Thanks for the recommendation. Already running what most guys are using for setup (definitly alum suspension holders, never even put on plastic ones). We've been toying with minor tweeks here and there, to see if we can get more out of the Durango's...sometimes good results and most of the time not so good, usually going back to original working setup. The setup most everyone runs is very spot on. I guess that what happens when you want another sec or two out of a run (oh, and of course continue practicing on driving), lol!
I dont know what most guys here are running, I just know what the guys at my track tend to run....but ya I know the feeling...For some reason I feel like when the car is too safe its slower. I found that when my car ran a bit looser I was able to squeeze a few seconds out of it. I personally like the factory springs the best on clay. Before that I liked LT green and BLK front and at one time black all around. Ive since wound up back at LT blue rear and DK blue front.
-2 and 4 on rear, 35wt oil front and 30wt rear. usually run 10k front and 5 rear but have been experimenting with heavier oils as of late. I ran 20k frnt and 10k rear the other day and it was too locked up. I really liked 15k frnt and 7k rear so far but I may go back to the origina l10 frnt and 5 rear soon I dont know. More research is needed.

Also just installed the ally caster blocks so some height adjustments on those may help as well. all in all I love the car. just does what I tell it to do.
tonyv2382 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 11:00 AM
  #4249  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Drift_Buggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,662
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default



Anyone heard any news on the big bores?
Drift_Buggy is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 11:03 AM
  #4250  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
tonyv2382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,790
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Anyone heard any news on the big bores?
I think the short course is going to have those as standard. Then the dex versions will soon follow.
tonyv2382 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 04:03 PM
  #4251  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
rangerjkb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,609
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
I dont know what most guys here are running, I just know what the guys at my track tend to run....but ya I know the feeling...For some reason I feel like when the car is too safe its slower. I found that when my car ran a bit looser I was able to squeeze a few seconds out of it. I personally like the factory springs the best on clay. Before that I liked LT green and BLK front and at one time black all around. Ive since wound up back at LT blue rear and DK blue front.
-2 and 4 on rear, 35wt oil front and 30wt rear. usually run 10k front and 5 rear but have been experimenting with heavier oils as of late. I ran 20k frnt and 10k rear the other day and it was too locked up. I really liked 15k frnt and 7k rear so far but I may go back to the origina l10 frnt and 5 rear soon I dont know. More research is needed.

Also just installed the ally caster blocks so some height adjustments on those may help as well. all in all I love the car. just does what I tell it to do.
Totally appreciate the feedback of what you've tested and feel the same way about the car being a bit faster when it's slightly loose. I've just changed to the same shock setup you've described and have not tried it in the past (Drk Blue/ Lt Blue and oil wt's), going to run it this Wed. Tried the others you described, to include Dark Grn springs up front w/40wt, and has more front chassis roll causing a slight push when entering corner at high speeds. Also running lighter Diff Weights with alot of success 5k front/3k rear. Handles very well, but sometimes diffs out during hard cornering accelerations. Considering going to 7k front next time after racing current changes. Again, thanks for sharing what you've already tested.
rangerjkb is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 04:18 PM
  #4252  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
tonyv2382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,790
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
Totally appreciate the feedback of what you've tested and feel the same way about the car being a bit faster when it's slightly loose. I've just changed to the same shock setup you've described and have not tried it in the past (Drk Blue/ Lt Blue and oil wt's), going to run it this Wed. Tried the others you described, to include Dark Grn springs up front w/40wt, and has more front chassis roll causing a slight push when entering corner at high speeds. Also running lighter Diff Weights with alot of success 5k front/3k rear. Handles very well, but sometimes diffs out during hard cornering accelerations. Considering going to 7k front next time after racing current changes. Again, thanks for sharing what you've already tested.
Oh anytime my friend lol. The lighter oil in the front diff is going to do that push u described. I just feel the front reacts better with heavier oil. I dont think I personally would go lighter than 10 unless im outdoors on a looser track. The rear with 3k for me was way to loose and on clay u can get away with a heavier rear for more consistency. I too tried the dk green front and hated it lol. I just couldnt get a handle on the car with those. It was an awkward drive. But ur on the right track. I started with lighter oils and always ended up going up in the diffs its just a lil more predictable. If I were u just to see the full effect since u tried the 5 frnt try the 10/5 combo you may be surprised
tonyv2382 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 04:47 PM
  #4253  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Oh anytime my friend lol. The lighter oil in the front diff is going to do that push u described. I just feel the front reacts better with heavier oil. I dont think I personally would go lighter than 10 unless im outdoors on a looser track. The rear with 3k for me was way to loose and on clay u can get away with a heavier rear for more consistency. I too tried the dk green front and hated it lol. I just couldnt get a handle on the car with those. It was an awkward drive. But ur on the right track. I started with lighter oils and always ended up going up in the diffs its just a lil more predictable. If I were u just to see the full effect since u tried the 5 frnt try the 10/5 combo you may be surprised
10/5 is what i started with and i liked it... a lot actually, but i was learning the car so i decided to try a bunch of things and ended up liking the setup i went to...
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 04:47 PM
  #4254  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
tonyv2382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,790
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
10/5 is what i started with and i liked it... a lot actually, but i was learning the car so i decided to try a bunch of things and ended up liking the setup i went to...
whats it look like now?
tonyv2382 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 04:52 PM
  #4255  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
whats it look like now?
In pieces. Sold it to a buddy of mine so i could focus on 2wd mod for a bit and pay some bills...

BUT- i will has another one when i get my "life" straightened out first.

I miss my Durango. A lot. The only thing that COULD replace it would be the new Losi when it comes out...
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 05:04 PM
  #4256  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
tonyv2382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,790
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
In pieces. Sold it to a buddy of mine so i could focus on 2wd mod for a bit and pay some bills...

BUT- i will has another one when i get my "life" straightened out first.

I miss my Durango. A lot. The only thing that COULD replace it would be the new Losi when it comes out...
Totally understand the feeling. Times are tough all around bro. If I were u Id just wait on the dex210, the TLR looks pretty cool but its still losi quality lol. And u know very well there is no replacement for a dex410
tonyv2382 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 05:09 PM
  #4257  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Totally understand the feeling. Times are tough all around bro. If I were u Id just wait on the dex210, the TLR looks pretty cool but its still losi quality lol. And u know very well there is no replacement for a dex410
True that. I am running Kyosho right now for 2wd just becuase i got the hookup on it. I was planning on waiting for the DEX210... but god only knows when its coming out lol
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 05:14 PM
  #4258  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
tonyv2382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,790
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
True that. I am running Kyosho right now for 2wd just becuase i got the hookup on it. I was planning on waiting for the DEX210... but god only knows when its coming out lol
Well from a good source I can say, if all goes well, late april, if not then we are lookin at june. Either way rb5 is dialed. Love that car
tonyv2382 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 05:25 PM
  #4259  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Well from a good source I can say, if all goes well, late april, if not then we are lookin at june. Either way rb5 is dialed. Love that car
Hmm... good to nkow.

And even if mine isnt dialed... we got Jared Tebo here at the local track... his home track. he can MAKE it dialed lol.
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 05:34 PM
  #4260  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
TraxxasPeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mattituck,LI, NY
Posts: 1,510
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Hmm... good to nkow.

And even if mine isnt dialed... we got Jared Tebo here at the local track... his home track. he can MAKE it dialed lol.
rb5 is a sweet car. i have one
TraxxasPeter is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.