Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by makaluch
My Protech 5200 pack doesn't fit under the strap. Does this mean the kit is the Gen1 410R? What parts or mods will fit these packs under the hood?
Make sure the battery strap is mounted on the upper hole on the rear diff ring holder thingy

And that battery is 25mm right?
Old 12-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Gearing and ESC setups

mandy116
miket3
You have pm in reference to gearing and ESC setups.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Yeah, it's 25mm. Specs at AMain.

Gotit. The rear pin was in the bottom hole. Thanks Grapejuice! Downside to not building it myself... I'm an idiot for the first month of maintenance. I'll learn the build a little more when I go through the diffs and drivelines.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corey Bernardo
ARADAIEL- I AM SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY, YOUR MIND IS ALREADY MADE UP ABOUT THE DURANGO, SO WHY BOTHER GO PLAY WITH UR B44.1 . DONT COME ON HERE AND BAD MOUTH A car beyond theoretical setup perfection

STFU, find the caps button.

I've had this car a lot longer than you. It's far from perfect. I've had to figure out a lot of these issues and for a $350 kit with this many issues and poor customer support it's left a bad taste in my mouth. Up untill last night in about 8 months I've been able to get 2 hours of run time on it. I believe people have a right to know both sides of the story with this car. The ONLY reason I've held on to it this long is because of the way it drives.

I FINALLY got this thing running. I ran two quals that were AWESOME and I was pacing for 3rd in the main and I lost it at the end of the straight. I got plowed by a b44 at full speed and it broke my rear bulkhead. Not a big deal, I got the aluminum diff wedges and a bulkhead set. I also needed to change my diff seals and fluids wich I was planning on doing.

I open my rear bulkheads and it has two right sides in it, no joke.

seems like I can't win. I'll call HRP tomorrow to see if they can get me another one. If not, I think my track has one in stock.

Poor car is sitting with no rear end. I want to go out and get some wheel time on it, finally.

I think that b44.1 is going to another home.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aradaiel
STFU, find the caps button.

I've had this car a lot longer than you. It's far from perfect. I've had to figure out a lot of these issues and for a $350 kit with this many issues and poor customer support it's left a bad taste in my mouth. Up untill last night in about 8 months I've been able to get 2 hours of run time on it. I believe people have a right to know both sides of the story with this car. The ONLY reason I've held on to it this long is because of the way it drives.

I FINALLY got this thing running. I ran two quals that were AWESOME and I was pacing for 3rd in the main and I lost it at the end of the straight. I got plowed by a b44 at full speed and it broke my rear bulkhead. Not a big deal, I got the aluminum diff wedges and a bulkhead set. I also needed to change my diff seals and fluids wich I was planning on doing.

I open my rear bulkheads and it has two right sides in it, no joke.

seems like I can't win. I'll call HRP tomorrow to see if they can get me another one. If not, I think my track has one in stock.

Poor car is sitting with no rear end. I want to go out and get some wheel time on it, finally.

I think that b44.1 is going to another home.
I hear ya bud... I had nothing but GREAT luck with mine... then this past weekend when it all mattered... NOTHING but problems. 3 diffs, two rear bulkhead's, and a cv shaft.

I am thinking about selling and going with the Losi when it comes out...
Old 12-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
What's everyone running for rear axle pins? I have the rolled pins but they keep breaking. Lost a wheel after just two heats. I heard of some running solid losi pins. May have to give it a look. thanks......
Durango has solid pins available. I've been using them for weeks with no problems.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think one problem people are overlooking is simple. This car is the Ferrari of RC cars and does require attention to keep it running its best. If you treat it like a chevy, your going to have problems.

I've made it almost a ritual to check my car completely after every heat. I check the driveline and make sure everything spins smooth. If there's slop in certain places to get it shimmed. I replaced my x rings with P5 seals so no more leaks but I do take the diffs out, inspect, and re-shim if needed every 3 runs.

To be honest I'm damn near a complete idiot when it comes to RC cars. But somehow I've manage to have VERY little problems with my durango. Its by far the best car I've ever owned!

One thing that is great is here locally, EVERYONE helps each other and I think it shows as the number of DNF's and problems is far and few in between here at our track.

With the wealth of knowledge on this forum we solved a lot of problems.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I'm sure something can be said expressing frustrations for any racing platform available. They all seem to have their outstanding qualities and a few weaknesses. So far, I'm absolutely pleased with the Durangos overall qualities and hope to continue exploiting its strengths. Just an absolute fun car to drive over others I've owned/raced.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a 410R with all 4 aluminum hinge pin holders and tons of parts. Divorce has hit me hard and I need money bad. It has P5 orings and the diff's never leak. I run AE wheels but I have the parts to go back to the stock rims. I'll throw in a full set of Pink tapers and DD's. I'll post a list of parts tomorrow. All for just $375.00. $10.00 shipping to the US.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Konich
Durango has solid pins available. I've been using them for weeks with no problems.

Do you have a part#? Thanks....

I think one problem people are overlooking is simple. This car is the Ferrari of RC cars and does require attention to keep it running its best. If you treat it like a chevy, your going to have problems.

I've made it almost a ritual to check my car completely after every heat. I check the driveline and make sure everything spins smooth. If there's slop in certain places to get it shimmed. I replaced my x rings with P5 seals so no more leaks but I do take the diffs out, inspect, and re-shim if needed every 3 runs.

To be honest I'm damn near a complete idiot when it comes to RC cars. But somehow I've manage to have VERY little problems with my durango. Its by far the best car I've ever owned!

One thing that is great is here locally, EVERYONE helps each other and I think it shows as the number of DNF's and problems is far and few in between here at our track.

I don't really have any outside the norm problems either. In the 10+ months I had a front hub problem and now a brand new two run old axle pin break. So far so good. This is still a relatively new car, it still needs to be worked out...
Old 12-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Everyone needs to read what David said here...this car still requires maintenance....it's a 4wd so it requires a bit more attention then anything else, six cvds instead of two, two diffs instead of one...get the car working right and keep it that way!!

I had such a fun time racing mine this last wednesday, so easy to drive and fun too!!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Here is a link to my set-up:

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ay20101201.pdf

or

http://www.portlandrc.com/files/Grap...13_DEX410R.pdf
Old 12-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
Everyone needs to read what David said here...this car still requires maintenance....it's a 4wd so it requires a bit more attention then anything else, six cvds instead of two, two diffs instead of one...get the car working right and keep it that way!!

I had such a fun time racing mine this last wednesday, so easy to drive and fun too!!

I think some might not think they need to keep up with maintenance as much since there are no ball diffs . Buggy runs great if you take care of it .
Old 12-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by grapejuice

^^Easy to say when you dominate the A main, not as easy when you dominate the B main
Old 12-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=Bman's 3XNT;8291856]Do you have a part#? Thanks....
QUOTE]

TD310162 I have shimmed all of my CVD's with AE shims to take out some slop and the tension also holds the pins in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.