Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 05:37 PM
  #3901  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Konich
^^Racing tomorrow at MHOR danger? I just have to finish up mounting my tires and I'm there!
I will be there if it does not snow! I need to replace my front bulk head here in a minute and am good to go . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 08:32 PM
  #3902  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (27)
 
turboxrayt1fk05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ri
Posts: 978
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I'm new to the durango family , I should be getting my new dex 410 next week , any good set ups for high bite track.
turboxrayt1fk05 is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 08:48 PM
  #3903  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05
I'm new to the durango family , I should be getting my new dex 410 next week , any good set ups for high bite track.
The HUPO setup on the Team-Durango website seems like a good place to start . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 08:54 PM
  #3904  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (49)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 938
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

The car has issues, they have to be ironed out. I've assembled plenty of kits. Once they are addressed I don't think there will be issues.

I had to shim my rear diff untill it was barely crunchy to stop stripping out rear ring gears.

I ghetto'd a servo saver untill my tereserey or whatever gets here.

My rear diff is puking oil

I decided I'd give this thing another shot with the almuinum servo saver before I throw it on ebay.

My b44.1 is sitting at the LHS, it's getting hard to resist.
aradaiel is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 PM
  #3905  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aradaiel
The car has issues, they have to be ironed out. I've assembled plenty of kits. Once they are addressed I don't think there will be issues.

I had to shim my rear diff untill it was barely crunchy to stop stripping out rear ring gears.

I ghetto'd a servo saver untill my tereserey or whatever gets here.

My rear diff is puking oil

I decided I'd give this thing another shot with the almuinum servo saver before I throw it on ebay.

My b44.1 is sitting at the LHS, it's getting hard to resist.
Finely interesting to me that you point out all the issues we have identified, collectively, on this thread within the last month. Those are simple things to work through but if you need a land crab with wheels to complete your AE fleet with a B44--then so be it. Suck by ball diffs and lick my belts.
dangerwr is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 PM
  #3906  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Corey Bernardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: N.Dartmouth,MA.
Posts: 1,328
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

ARADAIEL- I AM SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY, YOUR MIND IS ALREADY MADE UP ABOUT THE DURANGO, SO WHY BOTHER GO PLAY WITH UR B44.1 . DONT COME ON HERE AND BAD MOUTH A car beyond theoretical setup perfection
Corey Bernardo is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 09:07 PM
  #3907  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (44)
 
majorsmx521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aradaiel
The car has issues, they have to be ironed out. I've assembled plenty of kits. Once they are addressed I don't think there will be issues.

I had to shim my rear diff untill it was barely crunchy to stop stripping out rear ring gears.

I ghetto'd a servo saver untill my tereserey or whatever gets here.

My rear diff is puking oil

I decided I'd give this thing another shot with the almuinum servo saver before I throw it on ebay.

My b44.1 is sitting at the LHS, it's getting hard to resist.
sounds like your build?
there are small issues with the buggy but is a real race machine
very trick buggy responds well to very small changes
ring gear? how much power are you throwing to it 7.5 motor or bigger?
slipper setting to tight? did you replace the diff x rings with an o ring? simple fix
do you have any local durango guys to help you out?
majorsmx521 is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 09:14 PM
  #3908  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by majorsmx521
sounds like your build?
there are small issues with the buggy but is a real race machine
very trick buggy responds well to very small changes
ring gear? how much power are you throwing to it 7.5 motor or bigger?
slipper setting to tight? did you replace the diff x rings with an o ring? simple fix
do you have any local durango guys to help you out?
You nailed it! There are 6 - 7 of us who run them at our local track.
dangerwr is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 PM
  #3909  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
R-E-A-P-E-R-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 1,892
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I think there are more than that!!!!!!

SHOGUN RACING TIME

Let the series begin........

R-E-A-P-E-R- is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 10:02 PM
  #3910  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,008
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Finally got my kit and just started putting it together..

I am having trouble finding these parts..

32001 from bag D, Looked and cant find it anywhere

33006 Also from bag D Nowhere.



Whats the deal?
C_Money is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 11:25 PM
  #3911  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
MooseDrool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: STL MO
Posts: 1,259
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Originally Posted by C_Money
Finally got my kit and just started putting it together..

I am having trouble finding these parts..

32001 from bag D, Looked and cant find it anywhere

33006 Also from bag D Nowhere.



Whats the deal?
Freakin D Bag, always missing stuff
MooseDrool is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 11:40 PM
  #3912  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (27)
 
turboxrayt1fk05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ri
Posts: 978
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
The HUPO setup on the Team-Durango website seems like a good place to start . . .
thanks dude , i will give that a try , did td fix this issue with ring gear and everything that i see being talked about in here , i got this car on order and almost paid for , but really dont feel like braking my bank with it
turboxrayt1fk05 is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 03:38 AM
  #3913  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

so has anyone shimmed the diffs that i told everyone about earlier?

still going strong, smooth, no wobble, no leaks.

7x10 shims and 5x7 shims
LiL_JaSoN is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 07:49 AM
  #3914  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (152)
 
grapejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,196
Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN
so has anyone shimmed the diffs that i told everyone about earlier?

still going strong, smooth, no wobble, no leaks.

7x10 shims and 5x7 shims
I haven't found both shims but I did put new outdrives on the rear and it did help.
grapejuice is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 08:36 AM
  #3915  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Corey Bernardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: N.Dartmouth,MA.
Posts: 1,328
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

grapejuice- PM me your setup or post the link here please. I would like to see how close our vehicles are? Or perhaps completely different ahaha but in fact both killer.. I find with this car, I see a lot of drivers running different "setup" and still performs great!


here is mine :
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...CE20101031.pdf
Corey Bernardo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.