Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
I use subrim on all my cars and never any issues and surely don`t believe that is the cause of the few servo saver problems . I believe there are 8 or 9 Rangos at my track now , which all use subtrim and no issues .
I would also agree. But I could tell you with absolute certainty that my issues started when I set sub-trim and endind when I took off the settings. I posted the response Futaba sent to me. They stated twice in the email not to use sub-trim if I could avoid it. They did not say this could be the cause of the problem but the results were favorable when I centered the servo manually.

Now, this could be a software issue with my 4PK as I was answered by a Futaba software engineer. I also use their servos and Rx. Could have everything to do with my particular setup.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mgrmek
How tight are you guys running your servo saver nut against the spring? Should it be flush?
The manual states to have 1.4mm of thread showing as a start . . .
Old 11-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default DEX410 setup

mgrmek:
recommend instruction settings, as Danger mentioned, don't forget to use locktite or it may work itself loose.

makaluch:
Looks like you'll have a successful build and a great car when you hit the track.
-Leave Murfdogg mechanical timing set, as you recieved it from Matt for best performance. If you haven't already received an ESC setup, please send email address to Derek or I, and we can send you one to get you started.
-B44 wheels don't require any additional spacers, can be ran as is and I believe comes out to same overall offsets/demensions.
-I use Futaba equipment and haven't experienced any issues yet. I centered steering on servo/horn and used EPA adjustments.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Guys, does the Savox SC-1258TG fit in this car without problems? Otherwise I have a Futaba BLS-551 too that I can use but it has less torque and is a tad slower, but it is low profile and lighter than a standard size servo. Thanks so much.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Yup. Sav÷x servos fit fine. I will actually be replacing my Futaba with one soon just because they are so B.A.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sub trim cannot cause the servo saver to break, but, a misadjusted sub trim can cause the servo saver to break. So, it's not the sub trim, it's the operator.

The kit setting for the servo saver cannot be correct for each and every kit. Too many variables to rely on a specific measurement. Start with the nut loose enough to cause the saver to function, then tighten slightly until the slop is removed. Make a lap or two after each adjustment, until no slop is evident.
I broke 2 savers before I stopped using the kit setting. My current adjustment is approx. 1.0 - 1.2mm, and I've had no broken savers for more than a year.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HyperFX
Sub trim cannot cause the servo saver to break, but, a misadjusted sub trim can cause the servo saver to break. So, it's not the sub trim, it's the operator.

The kit setting for the servo saver cannot be correct for each and every kit. Too many variables to rely on a specific measurement. Start with the nut loose enough to cause the saver to function, then tighten slightly until the slop is removed. Make a lap or two after each adjustment, until no slop is evident.
I broke 2 savers before I stopped using the kit setting. My current adjustment is approx. 1.0 - 1.2mm, and I've had no broken savers for more than a year.
Seriously? I would recommend against coming into this forum with 95 posts since 2003 talking about operator error. I am confident you have the slightest clue about what you wrote in this post quoted above.

Unless you run my exact setup there is no way for you, or anybody else for that matter, to know what is an issue with the hardware, software or otherwise. Now, I would recommend reading what I posted which is a direct quote from the Futaba engineer. There is no magic to setting sub-trim, EPA, or standard trim and can assure you I am competent with these settings.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Its a beautiful day ! almost within the same hour, I sold my B44 and ordered by rango!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Score! You will like it for sure!
Old 11-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Seriously? I would recommend against coming into this forum with 95 posts since 2003 talking about operator error. I am confident you have the slightest clue about what you wrote in this post quoted above.

Unless you run my exact setup there is no way for you, or anybody else for that matter, to know what is an issue with the hardware, software or otherwise. Now, I would recommend reading what I posted which is a direct quote from the Futaba engineer. There is no magic to setting sub-trim, EPA, or standard trim and can assure you I am competent with these settings
Sorry, that you were in some way offended by a comment not directed at you, at all. Lighten up.
You know nothing about me, and show poor form by attempting to attack me, as well. You judge by post counts? Seriously? It's very possible that I have been racing RC's for longer than you have been alive. Possible, mind you. Started in 1986.
I'm not here for the fights, but will prevent one, with the help of a Mod, if I need to. I'm a friend, not the enemy. So, let's get back on topic, please.

Last edited by HyperFX; 11-23-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anyone have a setup for a tekin rs w/ 8.5 (ballistic?)

randy suggested to run in dual mode & put advance timing to 100.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN
anyone have a setup for a tekin rs w/ 8.5 (ballistic?)

randy suggested to run in dual mode & put advance timing to 100.
I run my 7.5 in dual mode with timing advance set to 80 so Randy's suggestion should be spot on.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I'm just about finished my first DEX410R build... had to drill out one of the gold front hex wheel nuts with a 3/16 bit!! And it made me nervous b/c it felt like I was drilling out a ton of metal.. now it actually fits perfectly on the shaft, whereas before I was trying to force it not accepting that there could be some minor kit defects.. wtf.. lol...

The shocks seem fantastic and easy to get right. Also got the hotbodies cyclone D4 balls/cups on the way, since everyone's talking about how the stock ones pop off easily..

Aside from needing to use the odd random 0.1, 0.2, or 0.3 shim, everything seems good.. can't wait to run this!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mgrmek
Well I'm just about finished my first DEX410R build... had to drill out one of the gold front hex wheel nuts with a 3/16 bit!! And it made me nervous b/c it felt like I was drilling out a ton of metal.. now it actually fits perfectly on the shaft, whereas before I was trying to force it not accepting that there could be some minor kit defects.. wtf.. lol...

The shocks seem fantastic and easy to get right. Also got the hotbodies cyclone D4 balls/cups on the way, since everyone's talking about how the stock ones pop off easily..

Aside from needing to use the odd random 0.1, 0.2, or 0.3 shim, everything seems good.. can't wait to run this!
Awesome, you're going to love how this car drives. I've been fortunate with the stock ballcups and hope to continue using them.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HyperFX
Sorry, that you were in some way offended by a comment not directed at you, at all. Lighten up.
You know nothing about me, and show poor form by attempting to attack me, as well. You judge by post counts? Seriously? It's very possible that I have been racing RC's for longer than you have been alive. Possible, mind you. Started in 1986.
I'm not here for the fights, but will prevent one, with the help of a Mod, if I need to. I'm a friend, not the enemy. So, let's get back on topic, please.
No harm, no foul. Not here to fight either as that is a ridiculous thing to do--I have a local forum for all that nonsense. I just wanted to make sure people understood my strange issue since I posted several times asking advice as to why my stoopid servo saver was breaking. I took the advice from Futaba and the issue stopped. I know it is not a normal thing for sub-trim to be an issue but was a strange coincidence in my case. I also went with that sweet Tresrey servo arm and now I am just stripping the plastic servo horns. Go figure!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.