Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Photocycler
So car is getting closer to be setup but still having some issues. One of my issues is my steering is way to fast, I am using a Savox SC-1258TG Standard Digital "High Speed" Titanium

1. Do any of you running high speed servos turn on expo ? if so what is a good amount to start with
  2. I am having a bad problem with rear traction, the rea end is very fish taily. I am running green springs in back with 25wt oil, my ride height is 19mm and my shocks are mounted on the 3rd hole up. I am running the same tires as everyone else at the track. Its a high bite indoor clay track
as ive posted before make sure your 1* hubs are installed l & r viewed from the front. if you put them on viewed from the rear (like every other car in the world) they are 1* out, this will cause exactly what your describing. also try the grey springs (they are softer than the lt. green and will give the car better rear bite). i run quite a bit of drag brake, my buddy talked me into trying it and i picked up almost a full lap in 5 min. on the one small indoor track i run on. the car seems to love it w/ the set up im running. the servo i run is .06 speed, i use no dual rate or expo, i dont like the feel. as stated before its personal preference. hope something in here helps you.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cbrociuos
as ive posted before make sure your 1* hubs are installed l & r viewed from the front. if you put them on viewed from the rear (like every other car in the world) they are 1* out, this will cause exactly what your describing. also try the grey springs (they are softer than the lt. green and will give the car better rear bite). i run quite a bit of drag brake, my buddy talked me into trying it and i picked up almost a full lap in 5 min. on the one small indoor track i run on. the car seems to love it w/ the set up im running. the servo i run is .06 speed, i use no dual rate or expo, i dont like the feel. as stated before its personal preference. hope something in here helps you.
I used the rear hubs that came with the kit, I didnt see an extra set and cant tell if the kits hubs are 1*..also I am using the rear 2* camber block it seems
Old 11-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The 1* hubs are optional, and the rear blocks are for anti-squat. If you haven't added weight to the rear, it makes a night and day difference.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
The 1* hubs are optional, and the rear blocks are for anti-squat. If you haven't added weight to the rear, it makes a night and day difference.
Ok so if I used stock hubs then they are not the 1*, I did buy a set of extra hubs and they are the 1* so that will really make a big difference? So the rear block isnt for camber? I am running all 3 durango weight in the rear as well
Old 11-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

I used the rear hubs that came with the kit, I didnt see an extra set and cant tell if the kits hubs are 1*..also I am using the rear 2* camber block it seems
the 1* are marked l & r the standard arent marked because you can swap them from side to side. if they arent marked get the 1*, they will make alot of difference. make sure you put them on like i said. i chased the set up for weeks w/ them back wards. my buddy sold me the car because it was so bad. if it wasnt for this thread mine would prob. still be back wards. i did get the car to work pretty good w/ them back wards but it was VERY unforgiving. if anyone is interested ask and i will post my setup. ill have to do it in line form, i dont have the Patience to figure out how to do it on the setup sheet. my car is hooked on high bite clay (pink slicks) and high bite top soil (hb pink beams and full slots) everyone that drives my car cant believe how good it is.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

the 1* are marked l & r the standard arent marked because you can swap them from side to side. if they arent marked get the 1*, they will make alot of difference. make sure you put them on like i said. i chased the set up for weeks w/ them back wards. my buddy sold me the car because it was so bad. if it wasnt for this thread mine would prob. still be back wards. i did get the car to work pretty good w/ them back wards but it was VERY unforgiving. if anyone is interested ask and i will post my setup. ill have to do it in line form, i dont have the Patience to figure out how to do it on the setup sheet. my car is hooked on high bite clay (pink slicks) and high bite top soil (hb pink beams and full slots) everyone that drives my car cant believe how good it is.
Awesome I will be really stoked if this works...so with the car pointing me, the l1 goes on left and r1 on right? so if I looked from behind the car it would be the l1 on the right and the r1 on the left?
Old 11-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Awesome I will be really stoked if this works...so with the car pointing me, the l1 goes on left and r1 on right? so if I looked from behind the car it would be the l1 on the right and the r1 on the left?
yep. look at the car from the front l on the left r on the right. everything else on any car is left and right when you are setting in the drivers seat. not the durango (those jacka$$es) it makes no mention of it in the manual either.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yodace
are those B44 wheels?
Yes, they're B44 Wheels. They fit and work fantastic. The rear drive axle rollpin has to be cut down slightly (to the outer diameter of the aluminum cone standoff). I had plenty of these wheels with good tires on them from switching over from a B44, so I hope to get some great use out of them.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

ranger ygpm
Old 11-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Originally Posted by yodace
are those B44 wheels?
I have B44 wheels on mine also. I only had to cut down the length of the drive pin on the rear axles.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

anyone that would like my set up pm me your email. the setup sheet is a pdf and is to big to post on here.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Ok I swapped the rear hubs, Should the 2mm spacer be in front of behind the hub?
Old 11-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Konich
How often are you guys rebuilding your shocks? Mine have a ton of run time on them and thier still solid. The fluid hardley gets dirty in between servicing.
At MHOR I clean them off after every race. I refill them every 2nd race. I rebuild them every 4th race. That is my personal schedule! I do a lot of shock and diff maintenance--something that I learned in racing eifffff scale.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

cbrociuos..........pm sent, thank you
Old 11-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sleek
cbrociuos..........pm sent, thank you
Sure his setup isn`t for shelf racing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.