Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN
what did u order?
I ordered 3 of the aluminum servo savers since I have broke about a dozen of the plastic ones. Looks like my sub-trim setting was the culprit but is still a weak leak on the car for me . . .
Old 11-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I still don`t see how having sub trim will cause the servo saver to fail .
Old 11-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How often are you guys rebuilding your shocks? Mine have a ton of run time on them and thier still solid. The fluid hardley gets dirty in between servicing.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I checked mine last week and with around 5 weeks or racing twice a week the oil is surprisingly full and not dark like in my other cars .
Old 11-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Finally got my body back from KustomRCGraphics.... I've had the car for about 2 months now and will finally have a chance to run it Thursday for practice and Saturday's race. Hopefully it holds up well... I'm really excited to see how much different it drives compared to my last season's B44. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-img_0202.jpg  
Old 11-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
I still don`t see how having sub trim will cause the servo saver to fail .
I am with you and so are most of the people I speak to at our track. The reality is that I started having the problem when I used sub-trim to center the servo. The problem did go away for a little while but soon resurfaced. I am not talking about hitting the wall and the servo saver is broken. I am talking about making 3 laps and servo saver just gives way.

I wrote Futaba and asked them if they had any ideas. I use their brushless, digital, stubby servo and the 4PK and let them know a few essentials about my setup. One of their engineers on the software development side explained to me that if you center a servo using sub-trim the digital "steps" around the center become substantially smaller. No way did he say that this was my issue--he just strongly advised me, more than once, and in eloquent terms, not to use sub-trim. There you have it. I could not believe it but taking it off and centering my servo manually, made all the difference in the world.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default New Durango going to race tomorrow

I am looking forward to trying out the new Durango tomorrow. Still awaiting some manufacturer logo's to put on body, but turned out great so far. Hoping I can just drive as good as the car is and get used to its handling characteristics quickly to be as competitive as the other 4WD buggy I ran.
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-dex410-6.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-dex410-7.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-dex410-8.jpg  
Old 11-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

are those B44 wheels?
Old 11-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yodace
are those B44 wheels?
not sure, but from what I am told they will fit.. I sure hope so cause I have some rears and fronts in the mail.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I realized this car is using standard losi wheel fitment, small hexes on front and pin-drive on the rear.

The problem now is all my 1/10 buggy wheels are 12mm hex. Has anyone successfully converted the standard 'losi fitment' to 12mm hex?
Old 11-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

So car is getting closer to be setup but still having some issues. One of my issues is my steering is way to fast, I am using a Savox SC-1258TG Standard Digital "High Speed" Titanium

1. Do any of you running high speed servos turn on expo ? if so what is a good amount to start with
  2. I am having a bad problem with rear traction, the rea end is very fish taily. I am running green springs in back with 25wt oil, my ride height is 19mm and my shocks are mounted on the 3rd hole up. I am running the same tires as everyone else at the track. Its a high bite indoor clay track
Old 11-17-2010, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Yes, those are 44 wheels on jasons car

Originally Posted by Photocycler
So car is getting closer to be setup but still having some issues. One of my issues is my steering is way to fast, I am using a Savox SC-1258TG Standard Digital "High Speed" Titanium

1. Do any of you running high speed servos turn on expo ? if so what is a good amount to start with
  2. I am having a bad problem with rear traction, the rea end is very fish taily. I am running green springs in back with 25wt oil, my ride height is 19mm and my shocks are mounted on the 3rd hole up. I am running the same tires as everyone else at the track. Its a high bite indoor clay track
As you posted a thread about expo before, same answer, it's all in the feel to you. There is no "right" amount for everyone. I have never used any

Make sure you are running the 4 toe block and long camber links
Old 11-17-2010, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

1 - I don't like expo. It makes the car feel disconnected for me. One second I don't have enough steering, and I over correct and spin out. I had a similar problem with my 2WD. I found a tire that offered less turn in, and now it handles pretty well. What are you running for tires now?

2 - Are you running weight in the rear? Mine was squirrely before I put on the big rear weight.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

1 deg rear hubs and 1 oz added to the rear makes big change in rear traction
on power
this car seems to not like drag brake, if it is off-power spinouts?
are you going to prcr saturday to race? i will be there look me up, Rob Majors(flo yellow and purple durango)
i run the same servo and love it, s/r turned down to 90% on spektrum 3r radio
sounds like we are running very close on the set ups
track is very tight so make everything seem twitchy
the small ripples and comming on to the straight away is the hardest places to find the traction
Old 11-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by majorsmx521
1 deg rear hubs and 1 oz added to the rear makes big change in rear traction
on power
this car seems to not like drag brake, if it is off-power spinouts?
are you going to prcr saturday to race? i will be there look me up, Rob Majors(flo yellow and purple durango)
i run the same servo and love it, s/r turned down to 90% on spektrum 3r radio
sounds like we are running very close on the set ups
track is very tight so make everything seem twitchy
the small ripples and comming on to the straight away is the hardest places to find the traction
Hey Rob, I should be at prcr this weekend. So are you turning your dual rate down? Which rear camber block are you using

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.