Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 07:23 AM
  #331  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Crazy Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 1,170
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ben73
i ran on a consistent high bit track last weekend with 20k/10k. car was good but the diffs were leaking oil from the outdrives.

throughout the day the diffs got free as the oil drained out. by the end of the day they had 1/4 left and it felt like 5k/1k

car did not change in handling all day and the lap times were super consistent. deviation was <.8 all day.

seemed to prove what I had tested the week before when I tried 20k/10k, 10k/5k and 5k/1k that there was little difference........

the DEX was planted. more can be gained by the shock settings I think - plus I bought the car so I did not have to rebuild a diff! and so far I have rebuilt them 20 times playing with oils
LOL to the diff changes
I feel you
I really coated the o-rings with black grease and so far mine are not leaking.
I not saying this is the answer but its a trick I carried over from 1/8 scale racing and so far ( fingers crossed ) its working
Crazy Carl is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 07:39 AM
  #332  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (96)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mass.
Posts: 3,470
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Unless the tolerances between all of the parts is .0005 or less, fluids will leak. 1/8 buggies do it and is just part of the maintenance. However, even with the added work, they are still more consistent than ball diffs.

Cant' wait to see Durangos electric 1/8 buggy.
K.Copeland is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 09:38 AM
  #333  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
HVAC25000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,078
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

These are the instructions from one of Durango's drivers, all the guys are doing it in the U.K. and saying it works.


1. Lube the 'X' Ring very well before you put it into the diff housings. I normally let mine soak for a little in some thin diff oil.

2. Put a little grease or AE shock slime in the recess where the 'X' ring sits.

3. Tap the gear (#TD31001) onto the shaft using a soft 'dowel' until it is hard to turn the outdrive. Then lightly tap the hex of the outdrive using the same dowel until the outdrive just starts to move freely.

4. Fill the diff to the top of the shafts only. When you put the crown wheel side of the diff on to the case side, you should just get a little seepage through the 4 holes where the screws go. A lot of seepage and you will be 'pressurising' the diff.
This is when seepage can occur as the pressurised oil tries to get out which is either through or around the bearing. (this is the leakage you will see).
HVAC25000 is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 09:43 AM
  #334  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
HVAC25000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,078
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by geerno
I don't think dialing in this car is only about dif oils. I had issues with the car being tail happy. It only takes a few small adjustments elsewhere to sort that kind of thing before you get frustrated with diff oils.

You have to think about using lipos and maybe additional weight placement or spring choice. This isn't a B44.

There are plenty of set-up sheets available. A lot use to 20k front 10k rear. Be ready to stock up on front tires if you run hot motors.
When you say tail happy what do you mean? I ask because I ran my car on a really rough and loose track just for a bit yesterday and couldn't go in a straight line to save my life, fishtailed all over the place. I'm using the basic setup from the website with lipos and full weight set, of course have toe in on rear and toe out on front, so that's not it. I couldn't get past half throttle because it was too unpredictable. First car this has ever happened with to me in 18 years, so frankly I don't know what to do.
HVAC25000 is offline  
Old 10-09-2009, 02:38 PM
  #335  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 494
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Shock Oil

what wt shock oil do you guys suggest using? I cant drill my pistons because I dont have a small enough bit. I just got back from driving to 4 hardware stores and 1 hobby shop to find out I cant buy a 1.3 or 1.4mm bit anywhere around here.
trap121 is offline  
Old 10-09-2009, 04:40 PM
  #336  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: gatineau qc can
Posts: 419
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by oople
Hey everyone, I just completed the oOple.com review of this amazing buggy - so I'm happy to present the worlds first DEX410 review! We put a crazy amount of effort into this one, so let us know if you like it & enjoy reading it. It's got the build, tips, race report & interviews among other things.



http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewdurangodex410/
hi jimmy amazing review of my futur buggy they are back order
oople is simple the best place to read a rc car review
great job and keep those review coming
pete68
pete68 is offline  
Old 10-09-2009, 05:32 PM
  #337  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
geerno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 850
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HVAC25000
When you say tail happy what do you mean? I ask because I ran my car on a really rough and loose track just for a bit yesterday and couldn't go in a straight line to save my life, fishtailed all over the place. I'm using the basic setup from the website with lipos and full weight set, of course have toe in on rear and toe out on front, so that's not it. I couldn't get past half throttle because it was too unpredictable. First car this has ever happened with to me in 18 years, so frankly I don't know what to do.
Hey. My car span out very easily on corners the first run. Using dif 5k fr 2k rear. I didn't want to change oils at that point as I wanted more drastic solution before fine tuning with the dif. I made changes to the suspension, each run after that for 3 runs, it became more and more manageable. Spring type, shock position, sway bars. I didn't change anything for the 3 finals as it felt ok, and was fast enough. The car drove plenty fast, but more set-up and testing needed and I think this thing will be flying.

Sounds like something is wrong on your car there. I cannot imagine why your car is doing that, sounds plain wrong. It should track stable and true in a straight line. I wouldn't run any toe out on the front if you are having issues. With the weights on you should be pretty close to good.

Check everything over and even try the Gerd or Ebi Set-up from the German Nationals.
geerno is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 03:38 AM
  #338  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
tom_chang79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,592
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
This car and site seems to be asociated with SpeedPassion? One might think the US distributor would be the SP distributor, but since Schu sells their own 4wd buggy maybe not.

So who will be distributing and supporting this car in the US?

Tekin Prez
Excuse my ignorance, has this question been answered?

On another note, it would be super cool to see a CAT vs. DEX head-to-head shootout article!
tom_chang79 is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 06:45 AM
  #339  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
geerno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 850
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I think Team Rango are changing a few fundamental staples in their whole approach. It's pretty healthy as far as I can see. Overall there is no comparison, but I guess someone should quantify things.

Maybe this years 4WD Worlds will illustrate a few things and racers who are thoughtful enough will choose their next purchase with depth.
geerno is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 08:48 AM
  #340  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
Default

Originally Posted by pete68
hi jimmy amazing review of my futur buggy they are back order
oople is simple the best place to read a rc car review
great job and keep those review coming
pete68
It's such a great review!

If UK is in back order now, may be can try to ask Japan (Tresrey) or China (Esteed Hobby) to see if they have stock and can be shipped to US. One of my friends asked, so I pretty sure they have stock right now, so good luck!
Full Loan is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 09:01 AM
  #341  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
Default Tekin RS Pro Cut off Auotmically!

I am using Tekin RS Pro with the RedLine 5.5T, but after few minutes run the ESC cut off and I have experience this for few times which made me could not finished the race!

Anyone has the same problem? Is it cos' I had the wrong gearing? I am using stock spur with 20T pinion.
Full Loan is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 10:28 AM
  #342  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
HVAC25000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,078
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Full Loan
I am using Tekin RS Pro with the RedLine 5.5T, but after few minutes run the ESC cut off and I have experience this for few times which made me could not finished the race!

Anyone has the same problem? Is it cos' I had the wrong gearing? I am using stock spur with 20T pinion.
Your pinion is way too big. Try a 17 or maybe 18.
HVAC25000 is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 10:30 AM
  #343  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
HVAC25000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,078
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Excuse my ignorance, has this question been answered?

On another note, it would be super cool to see a CAT vs. DEX head-to-head shootout article!
Team Helotes can order parts direct.

http://teamhelotes.com/
HVAC25000 is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 11:24 AM
  #344  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
Default

Originally Posted by HVAC25000
Your pinion is way too big. Try a 17 or maybe 18.
Thank you for your suggestion, I will certainly try it out.

Besides, the ESC seems ok when I added the fan on, but not ok when I took it away, but I assume RS Pro no need to use the fan as it should be no limit on the motor.

Therefore, don't you think may be also the problem of my ESC setting as well, cos' my friend use the hotwire to make some adjusments of the ESC, so should I back to factory setting or should I use smaller pinion first?
Full Loan is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 11:52 AM
  #345  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
Default

Originally Posted by HVAC25000
When you say tail happy what do you mean? I ask because I ran my car on a really rough and loose track just for a bit yesterday and couldn't go in a straight line to save my life, fishtailed all over the place. I'm using the basic setup from the website with lipos and full weight set, of course have toe in on rear and toe out on front, so that's not it. I couldn't get past half throttle because it was too unpredictable. First car this has ever happened with to me in 18 years, so frankly I don't know what to do.
I think is ture and I also heard that many people when first ran the car would feel the car was a bit unpredictable, even you have been driving RC for years (due to its oil diff. system which is a totally new concept on 1/10EP buggy class), but after run for few more rounds and get use to its behaviuor, then I sure you just cannot get your hands off it, cos' this is the car which can really help you to imporve your lap time. You can feel its power on the straight, fast respnose, good on big jumps and especially in and out the conering even under 4WD.

Now I just want to see if Team Durango will release the center one way, front one way or even the center ball diff. as options, if so, that will be very interesting to try indeed!
Full Loan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.