Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
What? I want you to watch me run. Not like I am bouncing off stuff. I generally run smooth lines where I am in control. I give it a bit of wood coming down the back straight and thus the brakes come on pretty strong once in a while--lifting the rear up a little. Other than that the lines I run bring a tear to my eye. "Elegant" might be the term I'd use if I was some kinda weirdo who speaks like that . . .
I still think trying a different servo is worth a shot, never know till you try it
Old 11-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
I still think trying a different servo is worth a shot, never know till you try it
No, I agree. The problem all started when I used subtrim on the radio to center the steering. I wonder if there is something flaky with this servo under this conition? Tonight I am going to fix this manually. I put my car on a wire diet, rerouted the antenna (I got the idea from Sam Superman) and am ready to start rockin' the Danger paint scheme once I break into the 26 lap or higher pace. But first I have to stop breaking the janky servo saver . . .
Old 11-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Last sentence. Priceless
Agree...I could not stop laughing for about 10 min...How does he come up with that stuff...
Old 11-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Ha-ha! You should see some of the definitions I have up on UrbanDictionary. I do not want you guys to think any less of me so I will not point you to them. I was not Danger then so no luck finding 'em from that angle!

Anyway, sorry for the derailing the thread with my antics. Rango! Rango!! Rango!!! Time to get derrango'd .
Old 11-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Here is some fun info from Futaba regarding sub trim:

"Yes, sub-trims are just a way of moving the center of a servo's travel. They should be used as little as possible. Normally, you'd have the sub-trims set to zero and adjust the mechanics of the control linkage to the zero position. Center the servo arm on the output shaft and adjust the length of the push rod to get a neutral on the control surface.

When you alter the center, the ATV will change somewhat, as far as the visible movement of the control surface. The numbers in the transmitter will not change.

When you move the ATV, you're compressing or expanding the total amount of movement, but still using the same number of electronic 'steps' from end-to-end, so the offset the sub-trim has from the electronic center will also be compressed or expanded.

This type of interaction just can't be avoided. That's why it's best to use the sub-trim as little as possible."

Not sure if this is the problem with my Rango but is where it all started when I messed with this setting.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

got my durango together finally, and this car is so good it added 2 laps to my best bench racing time so far.......LOL seriously this car looks to be a decent car, instructions kinda left some to be desired. Hoping for this Sat. to possibly be the madden voyage as soon as my new batts get here
Old 11-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

glad you like the car sleek!!! Yes its am amazing piece of machinery!!! I cant believe how good I got mine... Check back a few pages and I posted a link to my setup
Old 11-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Tresrey Parts

Hey guys. I just received a few of the latest Tresrey parts for the Dex410. I will be working with Tresrey for the remainder of 2011 with testing and helping them make it to our US shores. Take a quick read and let me know what you think:

http://tracktimeconsulting.blogspot....esrey-for.html

If you have a parts suggestion PM me and I'll pass it along.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How about that flimsy o-ring/plastic piece for holding the rear diff in position?

I'm sure it would be a good addition, or maybe i'm just picky

Congrats Randy for joining Tresrey
Old 11-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Nice, are they the ones that produce the onboard brass weight? What about carbon towers (my next upgrade)???
Old 11-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Hey guys. I just received a few of the latest Tresrey parts for the Dex410. I will be working with Tresrey for the remainder of 2011 with testing and helping them make it to our US shores. Take a quick read and let me know what you think:

I was looking at that tresrey brass weight, where does it sit?

I have ordered the red centre cvd and alumium servo horn from tresrey.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

anyone has anyone tried adding weight to the front right hand side of the chassis to balance out the weight distribution left/right?

the motor sits on the left, so the left side is heavier.

i noticed upon accelerating down the stright, the car leans towards the left a lil, and right wheel lifts up.

thinking of adding weight along the right side of the chassis to balance it out.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike

Sounds great Randy ! Can`t wait til those parts are available here in the states .
Old 11-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Here is some fun info from Futaba regarding sub trim:

"Yes, sub-trims are just a way of moving the center of a servo's travel. They should be used as little as possible. Normally, you'd have the sub-trims set to zero and adjust the mechanics of the control linkage to the zero position. Center the servo arm on the output shaft and adjust the length of the push rod to get a neutral on the control surface.

When you alter the center, the ATV will change somewhat, as far as the visible movement of the control surface. The numbers in the transmitter will not change.

When you move the ATV, you're compressing or expanding the total amount of movement, but still using the same number of electronic 'steps' from end-to-end, so the offset the sub-trim has from the electronic center will also be compressed or expanded.

This type of interaction just can't be avoided. That's why it's best to use the sub-trim as little as possible."

Not sure if this is the problem with my Rango but is where it all started when I messed with this setting.
Danger: I am a regular reader here and have been following your problem with the servo saver. I just looked at my car. How high is your servo? If you hold the front wheels and turn the servo arm, so the servo saver expands(twists) maybe when the bottom piece lowers(expands) it hits your servo and breaks the saver every time? I don't know how else to explain this, or if this is the problem but check your car to see if this is possibly the problem. Good Luck!
Old 11-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Danger: I am a regular reader here and have been following your problem with the servo saver. I just looked at my car. How high is your servo? If you hold the front wheels and turn the servo arm, so the servo saver expands(twists) maybe when the bottom piece lowers(expands) it hits your servo and breaks the saver every time? I don't know how else to explain this, or if this is the problem but check your car to see if this is possibly the problem. Good Luck!
Thanks for the input--this is definitely something I will have to check! I have the Futaba BLS551 which is a "stubby" servo but is of normal height in the direction which you are mentioning. I have an aluminum servo horn I could use to raise the arm up a bit if this indeed is the issue. Cheers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.