Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Danger seemed pretty mad the other day told king cobra to get off anyways he just purchased a used pro spec. Any tips for him with that? He drove my r and uped me with the pro.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ostach24
Danger seemed pretty mad the other day told king cobra to get off anyways he just purchased a used pro spec. Any tips for him with that? He drove my r and uped me with the pro.
ive got a setup that works for me, when i got mine there wasnt any listed setups that werent astroturf. im going to work on it tomorrow night, there are a couple things i want to try. the biggest thing is the 1* rear hubs are marked l & r but its viewed from the front of the car. i actually got mine to work w/ them reversed. it was still very twitchy though. after i figured that out i kept a lot of my "crazy setup", but im looking to make it a little twitchy again, seems faster just not as easy to drive. kinwald's setup is on petitrc a lot of it is similar to mine. that is prob. a good starting point.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Ok thanks ill look it up and print it out. thats odd with the l and r hubs from the front rather than every other car out.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Not really certain I was mad. I just did not get the feeling he was here to contribute. Laying down a lot of illegible smack. Not sure if he was one of the local treetards or other douches bothering me from LiveRC. No way to tell. Have they been back? There are two of them that seem to posse up and start trouble. Should I apologize or let hem know that trash talking me will only lead to tongue punching their mom in the fart box?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok thanks ill look it up and print it out. thats odd with the l and r hubs from the front rather than every other car out.
ya tell me about it, its an optical illusion when they are backwards. everyone i race w/ checked the car out and no one noticed it. i actually had to mic. them to believe it. after i switched them i felt so stupid, it looked so obvious afterwords. i bought the car for less than an "r" costs now my buddy had it for a week and it was so terrible he practically gave it away. the funny thing is he had our buddy that owns a hobby shop build it, and he didnt even catch it. its all good now though, best car ive ever owned, by far!
Old 11-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cbrociuos
ive got a setup that works for me, when i got mine there wasnt any listed setups that werent astroturf. im going to work on it tomorrow night, there are a couple things i want to try. the biggest thing is the 1* rear hubs are marked l & r but its viewed from the front of the car. i actually got mine to work w/ them reversed. it was still very twitchy though. after i figured that out i kept a lot of my "crazy setup", but im looking to make it a little twitchy again, seems faster just not as easy to drive. kinwald's setup is on petitrc a lot of it is similar to mine. that is prob. a good starting point.
What degree are the stock hubs ?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Briguy
not sure i got both w/ mine the 0* are not marked l & r
the 1* are ( im pretty sure its only 1*) its been a while. 100% sure about the l & r viewed from the front though.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
The stock hubs are 0 degrees, the toe in is built into the suspension blocks.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

So , going to 1 degree hubs will give more traction in the rear , correct ?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Yes, increases forward bite and makes the rear feel more planted in turns.

I ordered the 1* hubs, but since I've installed the big rear weight, I haven't needed them.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cbrociuos
my bad, i thought you were pissed, hadnt heard from you in a couple days.

he was pissed!!!!! he threw his frickin car in the trashcan on saturday at the track..........priceless................ ......just have to razz ya dangerdickcocka
Old 11-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah he was packed up and gone by the time the race was over. I missed all the action I guess....
Old 11-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
Yeah he was packed up and gone by the time the race was over. I missed all the action I guess....
He needs to follow your lead and run a 13.5 for a bit to learn the car so he stops breaking servo savers....I'm worried what is going to break when he gets and aluminium one....
Old 11-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Not really certain I was mad. I just did not get the feeling he was here to contribute. Laying down a lot of illegible smack. Not sure if he was one of the local treetards or other douches bothering me from LiveRC. No way to tell. Have they been back? There are two of them that seem to posse up and start trouble. Should I apologize or let hem know that trash talking me will only lead to tongue punching their mom in the fart box?
Last sentence. Priceless
Old 11-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
He needs to follow your lead and run a 13.5 for a bit to learn the car so he stops breaking servo savers....I'm worried what is going to break when he gets and aluminium one....
What? I want you to watch me run. Not like I am bouncing off stuff. I generally run smooth lines where I am in control. I give it a bit of wood coming down the back straight and thus the brakes come on pretty strong once in a while--lifting the rear up a little. Other than that the lines I run bring a tear to my eye. "Elegant" might be the term I'd use if I was some kinda weirdo who speaks like that . . .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.