Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 08:44 PM
  #301  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Crazy Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 1,170
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Originally Posted by trap121
They ship to the US, I just checked
thanks,
done. Hope they last longer than 8mins.
Crazy Carl is offline  
Old 10-01-2009, 05:31 AM
  #302  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 494
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
thanks,
done. Hope they last longer than 8mins.
Let us know how they turn out.
trap121 is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 08:20 PM
  #303  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Crazy Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 1,170
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

this thread does not deserves to be on page 3 we all waited to long.
P1 kid all day
Crazy Carl is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 08:54 PM
  #304  
Tech Regular
 
ASH93A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 276
Default

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
this thread does not deserves to be on page 3 we all waited to long.
P1 kid all day
Agree 100%...

But probably wont me much "Durango talk" from Australia (at least Sydney anyway) as we have had constant rain here for the past few days and looks to be continuing for the next week or so. I so much wanted to give mine another run today after various setup changes.

Finally had success in modifying a 81 tooth AE spur to fit the Durango so I can achieve a more suitable FDR with a 17.5 brushless (stock class here in Aus) without using a massive pinion!!

AH
ASH93A is offline  
Old 10-04-2009, 12:07 PM
  #305  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
HVAC25000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,078
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ASH93A
Agree 100%...

But probably wont me much "Durango talk" from Australia (at least Sydney anyway) as we have had constant rain here for the past few days and looks to be continuing for the next week or so. I so much wanted to give mine another run today after various setup changes.

Finally had success in modifying a 81 tooth AE spur to fit the Durango so I can achieve a more suitable FDR with a 17.5 brushless (stock class here in Aus) without using a massive pinion!!

AH
I've taken a gtb and machined a water cooled heatsink for it to run it in a boat, then encased the esc in silicone, worked great. Same thing for the batts and the motor, encase the connections in silicone, it can easily be cut with a hobby knife and removed when needed. You could do the same and just run it in the water lol. (I know, not practical for cars, meant as more of a joke, unless you live in the UK where it rains 250 days a year ).Myself, I haven't seen rain since I think April.

What did you have to do to the 81t spur to put it on the car? I think I may have one somewhere so I could try and figure it out myself but it will probably take me longer to find it than for you to reply lol. I run a 6.5 and as far as I'm concerned I still have to run massive pinions at 21t. My range is normally 14-19t so I'd like to step down also.
HVAC25000 is offline  
Old 10-04-2009, 12:13 PM
  #306  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 494
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ASH93A
Agree 100%...

But probably wont me much "Durango talk" from Australia (at least Sydney anyway) as we have had constant rain here for the past few days and looks to be continuing for the next week or so. I so much wanted to give mine another run today after various setup changes.

Finally had success in modifying a 81 tooth AE spur to fit the Durango so I can achieve a more suitable FDR with a 17.5 brushless (stock class here in Aus) without using a massive pinion!!

AH
I would like to know this also......my durango should be here Tuesday...cant wait.

I will be running a 6.5 rs pro in it. Do you guys have any suggestions on the build?
trap121 is offline  
Old 10-04-2009, 04:21 PM
  #307  
Tech Regular
 
ASH93A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 276
Default

Originally Posted by HVAC25000
I've taken a gtb and machined a water cooled heatsink for it to run it in a boat, then encased the esc in silicone, worked great. Same thing for the batts and the motor, encase the connections in silicone, it can easily be cut with a hobby knife and removed when needed. You could do the same and just run it in the water lol. (I know, not practical for cars, meant as more of a joke, unless you live in the UK where it rains 250 days a year ).Myself, I haven't seen rain since I think April.

What did you have to do to the 81t spur to put it on the car? I think I may have one somewhere so I could try and figure it out myself but it will probably take me longer to find it than for you to reply lol. I run a 6.5 and as far as I'm concerned I still have to run massive pinions at 21t. My range is normally 14-19t so I'd like to step down also.
The durango spur has a 8mm center hole and than the AE ones are 4.5mm. My metric drill set I have go up in 0.5mm steps, so I started with the 5mm bit and reamed the center hole to 5mm and then went up by 0.5mm at a time until it was 8mm. I found that using the drill bit by hand (holding the end with bull nose pliers) did the trick, although you need to be very carefull as mine still ended up very slightly off centre... so the mesh with the pinion is not perfect but will do until Durango release there own smaller spur gears.

AH
ASH93A is offline  
Old 10-04-2009, 05:46 PM
  #308  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (40)
 
ben73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,759
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

I used a really sharp body reamer on my AE spurs and it worked fine. Its consistent around the whole mesh with pinion.

If done by hand you can go slowly from both sides and you can get a nice tight press fit.

I ran it all weekend at a big race meeting in melbourne with no issues.
ben73 is offline  
Old 10-04-2009, 05:49 PM
  #309  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 494
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Gearing

I have plenty of t4 spurs. What gearing should I start with using a Tekin 6.5?
trap121 is offline  
Old 10-04-2009, 09:53 PM
  #310  
Tech Regular
 
ASH93A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 276
Default

Originally Posted by ben73
I used a really sharp body reamer on my AE spurs and it worked fine. Its consistent around the whole mesh with pinion.

If done by hand you can go slowly from both sides and you can get a nice tight press fit.

I ran it all weekend at a big race meeting in melbourne with no issues.
Yep, like Ben said the body reamer would be perfect!! I think I will purchase one and a couple more AE spurs...

AH
ASH93A is offline  
Old 10-05-2009, 07:24 AM
  #311  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
tomdav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Coo.. whip
Posts: 3,125
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

I was able to drive a Durango Sunday back to back against my B44. Track was indoor clay running Gold barcodes. Durango felt planted with great steering. Where the B44 would slap or get upset if not driven perfectly over jumps the Durango kept on tracking allowing me to get the power down. I only drove about 5 minutes as I did not want to break the car but in that short time I felt comfortable pushing it unlike other 4mods I've tried. Now if I could only find the cash.
tomdav is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 06:46 AM
  #312  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (96)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mass.
Posts: 3,470
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Durangos' site says there are no more kits, anyone have an extra lying around collecting dust?

The Durango and X11 cause me to get all warm and fuzzy on the inside.
K.Copeland is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 10:22 AM
  #313  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 494
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I just got mine today

looks high quality.....
trap121 is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 11:08 AM
  #314  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
HVAC25000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,078
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

May be able to get one here, seems to be the only place that might have it in stock

http://theraceplace.co.uk/osCommerce...roducts_id=191
HVAC25000 is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 11:57 AM
  #315  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 494
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default gearing

Does anyone have suggestions on what gearing i should start out with? Iam using a 6.5. I also have T4 spurs I can ream out
trap121 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.