Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I see...

Hey as long as they come out and hit that driveline you should be ok
Old 10-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Yeah, weird.

And scrap those bald Concepts for some nice Panthers. I love those things!!!
i put the j concepts greens on to loosen the rear up a little tues @ practice, the hb pinks had a little too much grip. ride the slide! a couple guys are grinding panther super softs down to slicks w/ good luck. losi and hb pinks seem to be the hot setup at the one track i race at.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

ok one last dumb question about the rod ends.. I am wanting to use the white RPM's.. But cannot find them in white. So will the heavy duty 4-40's do?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_Money
ok one last dumb question about the rod ends.. I am wanting to use the white RPM's.. But cannot find them in white. So will the heavy duty 4-40's do?
You have to use the Super-Duty 3.5mm rods wif those. The stocks are not bad IMO but I read the the Hot Bodies D4 cups are choice. Not sure which RPM ends are the ones to use. There seems to be a Losi option as well but cannot help wif P/N. I think you will be fine with stock actually. They are nice 'cause they have an access hole to the ball end itself. Sweet design but probably should be a little softer . . .
Old 10-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

well I will build it and if I have a problem with them then I will upgrade.. So if you were gonna use the white RPM's with the stock turnbuckles what ones would you buy?
Old 10-30-2010, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Which 4wd Mod cars have oil filled diffs? Ok, I will preface this with I haven't raced 4wd mod in about 6 years. What is the difference between the 410R and the 410? What in the world makes it a $300 difference between kits? (one is 650 one is 350 on stormer, and for that price I can buy ANY other Competition RC car from xray lol) And who is the us distributor? I am thinking about running 4 wheel mod this winter and this looks like a good car (I dig that it has gear diffs because i hate rebuilding ball diffs). Looks like graphite shock towers, and a couple aluminum parts(bulkheads and knuckles)
Old 10-30-2010, 02:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
Which 4wd Mod cars have oil filled diffs? Ok, I will preface this with I haven't raced 4wd mod in about 6 years. What is the difference between the 410R and the 410? What in the world makes it a $300 difference between kits? (one is 650 one is 350 on stormer, and for that price I can buy ANY other Competition RC car from xray lol) And who is the us distributor? I am thinking about running 4 wheel mod this winter and this looks like a good car (I dig that it has gear diffs because i hate rebuilding ball diffs). Looks like graphite shock towers, and a couple aluminum parts(bulkheads and knuckles)
Carbon shock towers
diff/shock boots
titanium turn buckles
sway bars
aluminium suspension mounts - front inner/outer, rear inner/outter
and alumnium hopups like; hub carriers, motor mount

the 410R is nice, but you will prob end up spending a extra 50-100$ upgrading - front outer suspension holder (R is weak), turnbuckle ball and ballends, shock & diff boots.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well I will build it and if I have a problem with them then I will upgrade.. So if you were gonna use the white RPM's with the stock turnbuckles what ones would you buy?
Nobody seems to know! I am sure it is posted here but I forget . . .
Old 10-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

if you order the hot bodies d4 cups and ball studs you wont be dissapointed. ive never broke one (cup or stud) they are harder to pop off and on than the rpm. this means when you hit something your much less likely to have to wait for a turn marshal to pop your cup back on to get back in the race. im not using them on the the rear because im in the outer hole on the rear hub. im using the jconcepts offset ball cups to clear the rim and not effect droop. these do pop off sometimes when i do something stupid. hope this helps. with these cups you can use your kit turn buckles. as i stated before there is one place i didnt use them. it might be that the threads are different on the ballstuds and i didnt want to cross thread the c-hubs on the car. i honestly cant remember. if you are truely interested i will look at my car and tell you exactly where and why.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

[QUOTE=LiL_JaSoN;8142032]Carbon shock towers
diff/shock boots
titanium turn buckles
sway bars
aluminium suspension mounts - front inner/outer, rear inner/outter
and alumnium hopups like; hub carriers, motor mount
/QUOTE]

So being THE most expensive car i have seen short of the NT1 WE, is it really worth it? or is stormers price just really high?
Old 10-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cbrociuos
if you order the hot bodies d4 cups and ball studs you wont be dissapointed. ive never broke one (cup or stud) they are harder to pop off and on than the rpm. this means when you hit something your much less likely to have to wait for a turn marshal to pop your cup back on to get back in the race. im not using them on the the rear because im in the outer hole on the rear hub. im using the jconcepts offset ball cups to clear the rim and not effect droop. these do pop off sometimes when i do something stupid. hope this helps. with these cups you can use your kit turn buckles. as i stated before there is one place i didnt use them. it might be that the threads are different on the ballstuds and i didnt want to cross thread the c-hubs on the car. i honestly cant remember. if you are truely interested i will look at my car and tell you exactly where and why.
well I think I will try the stockers and see how it goes.. If I have a big problem I will figure something else out
Old 10-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

From the sounds of things I must have bought a lucky car . No issues with diffs leaking , stripping gears , or ball cups popping off . If and when they do pop off I`ll be going to Lunsford turnbuckles and Losi ball cups/ball studs .
Old 10-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

well I think I will try the stockers and see how it goes.. If I have a big problem I will figure something else out
the biggest problem ive seen in the short time i had them on was they loosen up some times even w/ blue lock tight. if you over tighten them just a little bit the ball cracks. it only took once for me, i had no spares. at the time there wasnt a u.s. distributer, and $20 or $25 min. shipping charge from the u.k. wasnt going to happen for ball studs! they might be o.k. but that's why i changed mine. the two i still have somewhere on the car have given me no problems since.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
From the sounds of things I must have bought a lucky car . No issues with diffs leaking , stripping gears , or ball cups popping off . If and when they do pop off I`ll be going to Lunsford turnbuckles and Losi ball cups/ball studs .
Got a lucky one there!

Broke the rear diff braces and bulkhead/tower... so i think its about time for a full rebuild.

Ordered a set of Avid revolutions, the P5 orings, and some new diff fluids, so taking the week off of racing and going thru the whole car to gear up for the Turkey Shootout!

Those with the P5 Orings... anything else i need to know before building or just replace the X Rings with the P5's?
Old 10-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Where are you guys buying the whole bearing set? Or do you get them one by one?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.