Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 09:11 AM
  #2431  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
He gets to keep talkin smack as long as he keeps beating us.....
He can go talk smack on Denver-R/C Man Drama with his boyfriends. I am trying to solve an issue here so I can go out and have some fun with my Durango. I am sure there is a Shoemaker Kitten thread elsewhere on R/C Talk Too Much.
dangerwr is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 10:17 AM
  #2432  
Tech Addict
 
mike881's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 557
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
He can go talk smack on Denver-R/C Man Drama with his boyfriends. I am trying to solve an issue here so I can go out and have some fun with my Durango. I am sure there is a Shoemaker Kitten thread elsewhere on R/C Talk Too Much.
Did Grapejuice show you what was wrong with my car and what fixed the problem? I went through 3 of them, each only about 2-3 laps in. I fixed the problem by loosening the steering plate and making sure that lock nut is on backwards. Make sense?

Grapejuice, why didnt you race last night?
mike881 is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 10:23 AM
  #2433  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mike881
Did Grapejuice show you what was wrong with my car and what fixed the problem? I went through 3 of them, each only about 2-3 laps in. I fixed the problem by loosening the steering plate and making sure that lock nut is on backwards. Make sense?
You mean making sure the steering plate is not too tight and has smooth action? Check. No binding and lock nuts are on upside down. Everything was smooth but I need to check the steering arm and make sure it was not backing off the servo horn to create stress once fully assembled.

Last edited by dangerwr; 10-14-2010 at 01:42 PM.
dangerwr is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 11:13 AM
  #2434  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, i bought a brand new rear Team Durango Swa bar set... and i know for a fact i wont be running it... i got my setup so i dont need it.

It is opened, but eerthing is there, and brand new. Never mounted...

$25 shipped/
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 01:39 PM
  #2435  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (152)
 
grapejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,198
Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by msconcepts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH!!!! LEMME KNOW WHEN YOU WANT TO BUY A CAT
Why??? So he can break expensive stuff like shock shafts and axles?
grapejuice is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 01:43 PM
  #2436  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grapejuice
Why??? So he can break expensive stuff like shock shafts and axles?
Yeah, and you adopt Cats anyway. No since in buying them . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 01:55 PM
  #2437  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Will these turnbuckles work ? http://teamassociated.com/factorytea.../details/1404/


Was thinking of using them and Losi white super duty ball cups .
Briguy is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 01:59 PM
  #2438  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Briguy
Will these turnbuckles work ? http://teamassociated.com/factorytea.../details/1404/


Was thinking of using them and Losi white super duty ball cups .
These should work but will be a tad long. The stocks are 43mm and these are 45mm. Lunsford sells 1.75" (44.45mm) that are a little shorter. Either way you should be fine . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 02:11 PM
  #2439  
Tech Master
iTrader: (58)
 
rfleck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Guys,

So I am trying to race my Durango last night and every few laps I make I am breaking the bottom arm of the servo saver. Much like Mike881's issue last week or so. I have a stubby servo and nothing is binding. I went through 3 or 4 of them last night. I tried running them loose and then tight and then as recommended in the manual.

Anyone know what gives? I do not have too much stick time on the Durango and was bouncing off pipes a little bit but not taking hard hits. Something is definitely wrong and realize that this might be a weak point on the car but it seems really strange to break the same part in the same spot every few laps.

I am currently on the search for an aluminum one but would like to hear any suggestions as to why I might be experiencing this problem Thanks,

- Danger
Bottom piece of the servo saver (as in where it attaches to the servo linkage) or top piece where it attaches to ackerman?

Are you running stock ballcups? If so I would think they would pop off prior to breaking this piece.
rfleck is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 02:11 PM
  #2440  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

i bought the AE FT blue 1.75" turnbuckles and they work great. Wish i would have gone with the Lunsfords, but didn't want to wait.
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 02:12 PM
  #2441  
Tech Master
iTrader: (58)
 
rfleck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grapejuice
Why??? So he can break expensive stuff like shock shafts and axles?
Yeah, I have seen the outdrives being snapped on the CAT
rfleck is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 02:14 PM
  #2442  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rfleck
Bottom piece of the servo saver (as in where it attaches to the servo linkage) or top piece where it attaches to ackerman?

Are you running stock ballcups? If so I would think they would pop off prior to breaking this piece.
Bottom piese that attaches to servo linkage. The first day out I popped off the ball cups (I am running the stockers) and liked the idea of those popping off rather than breaking something else. Now I just break the bottom servo saver piece every few laps . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 02:17 PM
  #2443  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
i bought the AE FT blue 1.75" turnbuckles and they work great. Wish i would have gone with the Lunsfords, but didn't want to wait.
I`d rather have Lunsfords also but the FT ones are sitting at the hobby shop , have to order the Lunsford . Plus the AE ones are almost half the price
Briguy is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 02:21 PM
  #2444  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Briguy
I`d rather have Lunsfords also but the FT ones are sitting at the hobby shop , have to order the Lunsford . Plus the AE ones are almost half the price
I paid $30 for the Lunsford (all 6 of them) from A-Main. Asides, the blue clashes with the Durango! Always nice to support your LHS, however.
dangerwr is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 02:29 PM
  #2445  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
heavyjeffd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,805
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rfleck
Yeah, I have seen the outdrives being snapped on the CAT
There's a good half dozen CAT SX2's that run at my local track and I've never seen a shock shaft or out drive break.

They are prone to breaking A-arms and chewed up their slippers from not checking them after they ran the car in a little. Otherwise it's been really durable.
heavyjeffd is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.