Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghost rider
thinking of getting a durango
but on the day i seen one durango catch fire were the rear bone pierced the lipo pack which did hugh damage to car & speedy eta.Do they broke alot????arms shock shafts eta.
i don't know to sell my b44 or not as its a little brittle on the front end but it never catchs fire.
is the durango a better car than the b44???
any advise would be great
There are dangers with any car - and puncturing a li-po can happen in just about any car as well. It is not the cars fault - it is the owners - you have to build it properly and maintain it.

The potential for the issue described above by you is pretty much non existent now, as Durango have included "sleeves" for the uni's in all their new kits. As mentioned above though - if the car is built carefully in the first instance and maintenance is kept up - issues like the one you describe would happen allot less.

The only parts I have broken are one front wishbone - after hitting a track marker peg at full speed. Bent the hinge pin as well.............would have been a whole lot worse in some other cars.

Just about all the cars on the competition market are good at this time. Each have their advantages. I found that the Durango is by far the best for durability, and certainly right up there with the best for track speed. NOTHING that I have seen at this time puts the power to the track like the Durango, the acceleration of the car is extraordinary.

Ultimately your decision needs to be based on where you race, how much support for parts there is in your area should you need them. There is plenty of support on line, and indeed, allot of the major online stores in your fair country have taken on the Durango brand - they are indeed that good!

Cheers

Darryn Johnson
Old 10-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I just have 3 words...

RANGO! RANGO!! RANGO!!!

i guess its only one word... 3 times... but whatever
Old 10-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Slipper

Are most you guys running the slipper looser than what the stock setting recommends? Seems really tight and read someone mention that it would be good for asphalt racing but not off-road. Thoughts?
Old 10-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Are most you guys running the slipper looser than what the stock setting recommends? Seems really tight and read someone mention that it would be good for asphalt racing but not off-road. Thoughts?
quit talking and go race already!!!!!!!!!! you have more posts on here and havent even finished putting it together yet all this talk is not going to put you no where near the pace so shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh till you go and drive the damn car forum basher
Old 10-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

I run mine tight...but i am running on a very high grip track.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Danger
Run it tight at Mohr, one thing is do dial down your brake. If not you'll end up like grapejuice rebuilding your ring gear in between heats.

I may have to take my rear swaybar off and see how the car reacts. Its run so good with it on I almost hate to change anything but tires!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by msconcepts
quit talking and go race already!!!!!!!!!! you have more posts on here and havent even finished putting it together yet all this talk is not going to put you no where near the pace so shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh till you go and drive the damn car forum basher
Beat it Jank Rod! I am just doing my research so I can punt you and that Shoemaker off the track son!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

Did you get the Shumacher 4x4, if so when are you gonna race it?

Originally Posted by Konich
Danger

I may have to take my rear swaybar off and see how the car reacts. Its run so good with it on I almost hate to change anything but tires!
Do you run the front swaybar or just rear? I dont have any but I'm wondering if I should grab them! What motor are you running by the way?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

He always runs the Schumacher. He bought the original Durango and decided it was too much car for him after a couple of laps . . .
Old 10-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

He always runs the Schumacher. He bought the original Durango and decided it was too much car for him after a couple of laps . . .
Lol
Old 10-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I ran the Durango and figured out it is hurting purple shoes!!!! If you would quit forum racing and bring that thing to the track to get lapped many times then you will see
Old 10-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I wont say anything bad about the Cat after getting the Cougar SV. I am sure its just as nice of a car. But after having owned a belt driven car "Yokomo MR4-BX" I cant bring myself to deal with all the hassle of a belt driven car again. Plus the DEX just looks cooler.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike881
Do you run the front swaybar or just rear? I dont have any but I'm wondering if I should grab them! What motor are you running by the way?
I only run the rear sway bar. I'm running LRP X12 7.5 with a 22 pinion. I should be at MOHR tomorrow for some practice on the new track and try a couple different tire combo's
Old 10-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

I ran the Durango and figured out it is hurting purple shoes!!!! If you would quit forum racing and bring that thing to the track to get lapped many times then you will see
Ha-ha! I will be at the track today and probably tomorrow. I have been a bit busy with the move. Sorry you guys have missed me but I am back in action now!! I will need some help soldering today so hopefully one of you guys will be around . . .
Old 10-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by RETRO R/C

The potential for the issue described above by you is pretty much non existent now, as Durango have included "sleeves" for the uni's in all their new kits. As mentioned above though - if the car is built carefully in the first instance and maintenance is kept up - issues like the one you describe would happen allot less.
are these sleeves just simply shrink wrap?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.