Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
You got it! You will also need the pivot balls that go with these.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...vot-Ball-Set-8
you need both the inner and outter brace?

what are the balls for?
Old 09-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN
you need both the inner and outter brace?

what are the balls for?
At minimum the outer brace...balls support the hinge pin in the brace, must have those to run the aluminum braces.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Grapejuice is your setup posted anywhere? I've check a few pages back, but I can't find it.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Grapejuice is your setup posted anywhere? I've check a few pages back, but I can't find it.
I don't, can't get the file small enough to post it on here. PM me your email and I can send it there.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default CVD's binding?

Guys,

I have noticed that my front & rear CVDs bind a little bit. Not the center CVDs connected to the slipper but the ones that actually drive the wheels. I am under the impression that this is because the car is not broken in but does not seem right to me. I am not sure what else would cause this . . .

Is it possible that if I did not get the grub screw on the flat spot of the drive pin the CVD would bind? If I turn the spur by hand you can see the front & rear A-arms lift and then drop through and entire revolution of the spur. Talk about el weirdo!

Any ideas?!? Thanks,

- Danger
Old 09-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Guys,

I have noticed that my front & rear CVDs bind a little bit. Not the center CVDs connected to the slipper but the ones that actually drive the wheels. I am under the impression that this is because the car is not broken in but does not seem right to me. I am not sure what else would cause this . . .

Is it possible that if I did not get the grub screw on the flat spot of the drive pin the CVD would bind? If I turn the spur by hand you can see the front & rear A-arms lift and then drop through and entire revolution of the spur. Talk about el weirdo!

Any ideas?!? Thanks,

- Danger

The reason for this is too much locktite floating around in the CVD - I had the same problem and had to rebuild the CVDs... Donīt try to break them in - you will kill your bearings ...
Old 09-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Thanks Grapejuice. Very close to the changes that I have in mind.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Guys,

Any ideas?!? Thanks,

- Danger
and yes it can also be the grub screw! not on the flat spot..make sure you redo them and get it right so there really free u dont want any binding with this car keep it smooth and rolling free...
Old 09-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Guys,

Any ideas?!? Thanks,

- Danger
I have had this happen on previous builds because of too much lock tite as well on the cvd.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys,

Any ideas?!? Thanks,

- Danger
like the others have said.. too much threadlock. pull them apart, clean everything and rebuild them. I used grease during the assembly of mine and run them with a tiny bit of bicycle wax chain lube.
to make sure you've got it right, rotate the cvd at the most extreme angle to check for binding.
I also run my diff / pinion loose as well.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think it is a great looking car, but I don't like the how open the drivetrain is.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
I think it is a great looking car, but I don't like the how open the drivetrain is.
Why ? It's nothing different to 1/8 nitro and again it's not belt driven so why you would need to do it differently
Old 09-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poinas2
Why ? It's nothing different to 1/8 nitro and again it's not belt driven so why you would need to do it differently
I just remember a buddy of mine that had the Tamiya 501x with the open drivetrain and things getting stuck in the pullies.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Guys,

Any ideas?!? Thanks,

- Danger
Just buy Grapejuice's durango and trade him yours. Thats what I did
Old 09-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
I just remember a buddy of mine that had the Tamiya 501x with the open drivetrain and things getting stuck in the pullies.
But belt drive has a lot more going on, plus with how the car is set-up makes it sooooo easy to work on being a 4wd...fours screws each and out the diffs come

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.