Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree1Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wholeshot28 View Post
Hello, I recently acquired a dex410 v2 (pretty sure) and would like to know if I can use parts from v3 v4 v5. Im guessing some things must be totally non compatible but some must replace or be near identical.
And also if anyone can point me in the right direction for compatible replacement wheels.
I will be hoarding a little stockpile of parts.
Love this drivetrain layout. Cant wait to get my final things to get it running.

Greatly appreciated

steve
Hi Steve,
I still have my V3 and run it around occasionally. IIRC, most V2 and V3 parts are compatible. One thing I don't recall is if the V2 used 14mm wheel hexes like the V3? If not it shouldn't be too hard to convert your 410 to whatever the current popular wheel hex size is. I have no idea what's current! I do have a V1 roller and a pile of parts on hand, along with several Kuhler bodies. If you get in a pinch let me know. But go easy! These are vintage now!

Last edited by jreeves; 04-30-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the info .. nice ride too paint looks great!

I will share mine when its done. And il post any info i come across
Old 05-02-2019, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Has anyone heard off running a associated center slipper clutch on a dex410 if so can you tell what you did and can you provide pictures. I need some parts for mine and can't get them anymore. I need the slipper nut and front slipper out drive for mine.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wileycat View Post
Has anyone heard off running a associated center slipper clutch on a dex410 if so can you tell what you did and can you provide pictures. I need some parts for mine and can't get them anymore. I need the slipper nut and front slipper out drive for mine.
If you don‘t mind, to order from german shop, here is a link to a shop, that still have tons of Team durango parts in stock, and many, if not all are on discount!

here is the link to all durango parts:
https://www.modellbau-bochum.de/navi.php?qs=Durango

and here is a link to the TD two way slipper assanbly:
https://www.modellbau-bochum.de/Team...ge-Slipper-Set

...and here is another german shop, from that i know by talking to the owner, that that he bought the complete last stock of durango parts from hobbico germany:
https://www.t2shop.de/epages/6174632...ops%2F61746328

Old 05-02-2019, 04:34 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for posting that info sir !
Old 05-02-2019, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wileycat View Post
The Team-C slipper from the TM4 is also a perfect match (read clone) if you can't get parts for the Durango one.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wholeshot28 View Post
thanks for posting that info sir !
You are wellcome, sir!
Old 05-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Well got the car and gave it a check over I cant post pictures yet .. going to rebuild shocks and wait for more tools and supplies in the mail. Im getting some alu parts for steering and alu shock caps . Its a v3 by the looks of it ? .. it has carbon towers, big bore shocks, and alu pin holders front/rear, hd ball cups.. he included the other center diff a dual slipper and some extra pins and pieces which was nice.
What is a common saddle or pack you/guys would run in it now ? Im kind of refreshing myself into the scene. price is not an issue any tips would be great I just want what is most common and works well on this platform.

venom-power-2s-hard-case-lipoly-saddle-pack-battery-30c-7.4v-4200mah

thats what he gave me but its old. I need 2 more packs of this size. But I was reading about fitting a shorty pack..
Old 05-08-2019, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

My packs were old too and had been sitting unused and uncharged for 3 years. They are Turnigy NanoTech from HobbyKing. After some coaxing I got them to take full charge and they seem fine, though a little puffed. So I ordered some Turnigy Graphine 5.0 saddle packs when they were on sale. I'd recommend them to anyone if for no other reason than they come packaged like the crown jewels! Packed in a flat black magnetic clasp case, surrounded by dense black foam rubber and encased in a velvet pullstring bag! I've never seen anything like them! Oh, and they run fine too.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jreeves View Post
My packs were old too and had been sitting unused and uncharged for 3 years. They are Turnigy NanoTech from HobbyKing. After some coaxing I got them to take full charge and they seem fine, though a little puffed. So I ordered some Turnigy Graphine 5.0 saddle packs when they were on sale. I'd recommend them to anyone if for no other reason than they come packaged like the crown jewels! Packed in a flat black magnetic clasp case, surrounded by dense black foam rubber and encased in a velvet pullstring bag! I've never seen anything like them! Oh, and they run fine too.
thanks for the information much appreciated.

you are from FL.. I will be racing at Mills Pond in Broward and maybe sometimes at Coral Springs. It will be cool to see another rango out there!
Old 05-26-2019, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have a DEX410 v3 with v4 updates buggy with lots of parts and a SC210 for sale. $175 shipped for both. PM for pics or details.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Welp.. hit some issues while combing over this buggy. Rebuilt the shocks running 35/35wt for the first control run on the track when that time comes. 1 of the Rear hubs was cracked at the hinge and I am sourcing them off ebay (had to order the outer hinge pins from france!). First time ive seen a captured hinge pin design. I sourced a set of hubs on ebay but I cant tell if they have that set screw on them in the picture (worst case scenario i can always order another pair that does or try to dril a small hole for the set screw but that sounds like a bad idea to compromise the part) Litte information on these parts online. Ive seen some people with some alu rear hubs and front hubs back in the history of this thread anybody have an answer They are totally worth it to me.. Id like to get them or find some alu hubs that maybe just need a little bit of modification to work. Any help would be great.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

$125 shipped for the roller, parts and whatever wheels and tires I have for it. Killer little car, but we are going to PR Racing buggies.

Old 06-18-2019, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Good luck on the Switch to the SB401. I did that and it just isn't as good as the 410. I'd rank the SB401 most similarly to the Associated B44.3 from several years ago. It is durable, but performance wise I find it difficult and time consuming to tune just right and somehow it's always twitchy. I've won with it, but not nearly as much as I did with my 410, and winning with the SB401 was far more difficult. My son has my old 410, and when he's having a tough time dialing it in, I just give e squeeze of the throttle to see how the slipper is set, I adjust, and it's instant butter from there.

I would recommend you look at the Yokomo Wheeler as I find it to perform similarly to the 410 in many regards, and is closest to the precision fit of Durango than any other manufacturer. Precision fit and finish of Durango was the reason the 410 was so superb.

Good luck in whatever way you go, but I offer my condolences on moving away from the 410. Can't believe no one bought the rights to the best wheeler of all time.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
Good luck on the Switch to the SB401. I did that and it just isn't as good as the 410. I'd rank the SB401 most similarly to the Associated B44.3 from several years ago. It is durable, but performance wise I find it difficult and time consuming to tune just right and somehow it's always twitchy. I've won with it, but not nearly as much as I did with my 410, and winning with the SB401 was far more difficult. My son has my old 410, and when he's having a tough time dialing it in, I just give e squeeze of the throttle to see how the slipper is set, I adjust, and it's instant butter from there.

I would recommend you look at the Yokomo Wheeler as I find it to perform similarly to the 410 in many regards, and is closest to the precision fit of Durango than any other manufacturer. Precision fit and finish of Durango was the reason the 410 was so superb.

Good luck in whatever way you go, but I offer my condolences on moving away from the 410. Can't believe no one bought the rights to the best wheeler of all time.
I've sold two DEX410v5 but I am still having a brand new DEX410v5 and lot of spare parts. I will build the DEX410v5 in the future, in the meantime I will build Schumacher CAT L1 soon and see the difference.