Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 03:25 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Perrydog
When you order factory durango wheels for the dex410 v5 are they 60mm or 2.2? everywhere states they are 14mm hex but nowhere tells the diameter.
thanks
They are 2.2.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What 12mm hex wheels is everyone running? Losi or associated offset? Are there any 410 wheels made in 12mm hex?
Old 12-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Associated wheels work on the rear but B44 front wheels have too much offset. Yokomo 4wd wheels fit on the front perfectly.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

If anyone is looking for a v5 I have mine up for sale in the sale section.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

This is kind of a silly question. If i was to run my motor in the reverse direction amd flipped my diffs over "as in screw heads facing up" would it drive normal?
Old 12-17-2016, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Perrydog
What 12mm hex wheels is everyone running? Losi or associated offset? Are there any 410 wheels made in 12mm hex?
I confirmed with AKA back in the day that TLR wheels are the same offset as Durango. So anything made for a TLR 22-4/22-4 2.0 should work just fine.

I currently have AKA rear's and TLR front wheels on mine.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sodakota
This is kind of a silly question. If i was to run my motor in the reverse direction amd flipped my diffs over "as in screw heads facing up" would it drive normal?
short answer yes.

I assume you're moving the motor so it points backwards instead of forwards?
Most brushless sensored motors don't run as well in 'reverse', but if you move it so its merely running 'normal' but causes the car to go in reverse, flipping the diffs will make it run forwards.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anyone know who, if anyone, is buying Durango or what the company's status is? The 410 was their first and is still their best car. Hopefully someone will continue to develop it.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Anyone know who, if anyone, is buying Durango or what the company's status is? The 410 was their first and is still their best car. Hopefully someone will continue to develop it.
They will, i still belive in the brand and they will grow up again!
Old 12-19-2016, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

My forehead is bleeding from beating it against the wall over and over lol.

Does anyone know why no one in the aftermarket makes bodies for TD cars?

More importantly, will the DEX410V3 OR DEX410V4 bodies fit the new V5?

I'm really going through hell trying to put together two bodies per car for the season that starts in 1 month. I need a practice body and a race body for the fleet.

So far, my DEST is good to go, (THANKS MITCHOLIX- Couldn't have done it without you) I've got two genuine DEST210R bodies painted by someone else for practice along with a new DEST body coming from Europe that I can paint white and a JC Finisher painted white for race duty.

My DESC210 is good as the bodies are available.

My DESC410V2 is good. Aftermarket body for practice and a new DESC410RV2 body for racing.

DEX210 RM- good, new bodys available and Proline Bulldog bodies available.

DEX210V3- not good. One practice painted body. No race body. Thought I had one but the guy never sent his PayPal address so that deal fell through. No bodies available.

DEX410V5- not good. One clear body that came in the kit. No bodies anywhere.

All I want to do is have white, genuine Durango bodies on my fleet for races. Then have box art bodies to beat up on during practice. Why is this so hard!!!! Lol. I'm almost there.

It's surprising the weird stuff you find on the internet when you reach page 26 and beyond in google results. I'm at the point now where I'm looking up hobby shops in the white pages and then tracking down their website and email address looking for bodies by state. It looks like I'm going to have to stockpile them once I find them.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan_r

I'm really going through hell trying to put together two bodies per car for the season that starts in 1 month. I need a practice body and a race body for the fleet.

So far, my DEST is good to go, (THANKS MITCHOLIX- Couldn't have done it without you) I've got two genuine DEST210R bodies painted by someone else for practice along with a new DEST body coming from Europe that I can paint white and a JC Finisher painted white for race duty.

My DESC410V2 is good. Aftermarket body for practice and a new DESC410RV2 body for racing.

DEX210V3- not good. One practice painted body. No race body. Thought I had one but the guy never sent his PayPal address so that deal fell through. No bodies available.

All I want to do is have white, genuine Durango bodies on my fleet for races. Then have box art bodies to beat up on during practice. Why is this so hard!!!! Lol. I'm almost there.

It's surprising the weird stuff you find on the internet when you reach page 26 and beyond in google results. I'm at the point now where I'm looking up hobby shops in the white pages and then tracking down their website and email address looking for bodies by state. It looks like I'm going to have to stockpile them once I find them.
Even when TD was pumping out support at it's peak it was diffucult to get bodies.

Aftermarket is the way to go for your bodies SCT trucks are easy nearly any body will fit, DEST210 the Jconcept Kyosho RT6 body fits well.

For the 210 and 410v5 if you have a hobby shop with a range of shells take your chassis and see which one fits close enough, and run with that. Cause I doubt there will be anymore parts of TD anytime soon.

Tower and Amain are also good sources just put the items you want on notification but that doesn't help for the short term
Old 12-19-2016, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pittster
Even when TD was pumping out support at it's peak it was diffucult to get bodies.

Aftermarket is the way to go for your bodies SCT trucks are easy nearly any body will fit, DEST210 the Jconcept Kyosho RT6 body fits well.

For the 210 and 410v5 if you have a hobby shop with a range of shells take your chassis and see which one fits close enough, and run with that. Cause I doubt there will be anymore parts of TD anytime soon.

Tower and Amain are also good sources just put the items you want on notification but that doesn't help for the short term
Yeah the sct's I'm good on. Bodies can be found. That RT6 body is what I meant. But a member here helped me get a factory body for it regardless.

It's the two current, top tier buggies I've got issues with. Go figure man right? Lol

Honestly, I didn't know things like this were impossible to get for these cars. You know, when people talk about parts shortages, I figured A arms or shock towers. You know, stuff people break. So I'm thinking, I don't break parts very often so I should be good. Besides, I managed to collect a few of those style parts. I never would have thought bodies; along with zero aftermarket support.

Interestingly enough, the original 210 has quite a few aftermarket bodies available. Brands I've never heard of but they look phenomenal.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Try calling Great Planes directly and ask to see what they say. I've called int he past and got them to get off their buts. The last backorder conundrum I recall was the steering knuckle bushings and I called and alerted them to the displeasure across the world on those and in a week they were in stock everywhere.

This might be similar as well. Can't imagine the newest kit from them not having such a disposable component unavailable for legitimate reasons. Someone likely overlooked it but they have the molds and can pop out several hundred in a day.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Alan, you've got a mail!
Old 12-20-2016, 02:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Alan_r

The v3-v4 body will not fit, as the v5 is much wider than the previus models!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.