Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anyone know where I can find I carbon chassis plate for a v1. I've honestly tryed to find one. I'm not interested in buying a whole car either.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by radugns
I read on this forum, but the pics are no longer available, something about the wobble of the out drive from the diffs, and was a solution by using a 5x7 washer and a 7x10 washer. But no one said something about the thickness and also about installation. Could some please help me for doing this mod, or if you have something else for making less wobble...
And also, can someone please tell me if fronts and rears universals are better than the CVDs.

I bought a used 410 from eBay, with 8-racing chassis at a very good price. But the chassis was broken and no one mention it.

but...with a little work and time the chassis is now usable

Nice job.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

Hi,
8racing still have them, but it's an german factory/shop, so i dont know about costs of shipment!?

http://www.8-racing.de/shop/carbonch...&category_id=1

PS.: you have to run the aloy sid pods with the cf-chassis.

Mike

Originally Posted by Pekr.da.skurl
Anyone know where I can find I carbon chassis plate for a v1. I've honestly tryed to find one. I'm not interested in buying a whole car either.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pekr.da.skurl
I suggest you just buy a new Aluminum chassis.

The BEST chassis ever made for this car was the Atomic CF jammie. I missed out on the last one a few years back. THAT is how CF chassis should be made. The sides turning up the way they did eliminates the need for overpriced aluminum side plates. The Tresrey Chassis was made too thin, hence the need for the Aluminum side plates.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the information guys
Old 03-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just picked up a V4 from Brian, can't wait to get it to the track. Running LRP xxs and Savox 6.5 which came with the car. I have a brand new Orion 8.5 that I may try out. Also I've never used LRP but I hear great things about them, I have a spare Tekin rsx that has been awesome.

I am also converting to 12mm because I have a ton of tires and rims as I run a B5M, just need to grab some fronts. Anyone else do this conversion? I've found a couple of posts on it but they were kinda old so I am curious as to what people are using nowadays.

I will make a decision after running it some but I am also contemplating on converting it to shorty.

What are some great upgrades you've made? I will be running on carpet and high bite clay every now and again. I've heard the 21* hubs make it a little easier and more calm.

I've run 2wd at the track but this is my first 4wd track racing.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to chime in!
Old 03-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Just2much19

I am also converting to 12mm because I have a ton of tires and rims as I run a B5M, just need to grab some fronts. Anyone else do this conversion? I've found a couple of posts on it but they were kinda old so I am curious as to what people are using nowadays.
This has become quite trivial now that Exotek make the conversion kit ( you need two sets, front and rear + some .2mm shims).
Exotek 12mm hex

I run their kit and it works fine. Using my Schumacher rear wheels.

Unless you're running stock (17.5) or have a high discharge quality shorty, I still far prefer saddle/brick for my 4wd v4 duties ( 6.5T/8.5T ). Car is crazy quick.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Reflexia
This has become quite trivial now that Exotek make the conversion kit ( you need two sets, front and rear + some .2mm shims).
Exotek 12mm hex

I run their kit and it works fine. Using my Schumacher rear wheels.

Unless you're running stock (17.5) or have a high discharge quality shorty, I still far prefer saddle/brick for my 4wd v4 duties ( 6.5T/8.5T ). Car is crazy quick.
Makes sense what you say about the batteries. I do have two 100c shortys and didn't want to spend more money on some saddles. I have a turnigy saddle laying around but I forget what the rating is.

I purchased the plastic hexes for the new 410 and I will see what it takes to get them to work. If it doesn't I will order the Exotec set. What do you use for fronts?
Old 03-09-2016, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Just2much19
Makes sense what you say about the batteries. I do have two 100c shortys and didn't want to spend more money on some saddles. I have a turnigy saddle laying around but I forget what the rating is.

I purchased the plastic hexes for the new 410 and I will see what it takes to get them to work. If it doesn't I will order the Exotec set. What do you use for fronts?
Ha, totally forgot the v5 stuff was out now. I should check if they fit the v4, assume the drive shaft length/size is the same.

Front's I'm all Schumacher as I still run the K1 in stock.

If you have Shorties run em and see how you go. It is lighter, but you will need to secure it if it has not been modified already to do so. ( few foam/plastic sides and a little grind on the back to get rid of the nubs ).

I find my Turnigy standard Nanotech shorty just doesn't have the punch for the whole time and unless is set the voltage cutoff real low, it dips during breaking/hard acc. The Saddle is fine however, i assume due to having more cells all up.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

For those of you who want to or are running shorties, first no manufacturer's battery is pumping out 100C. Not regular LiPos anyway. The new HV LiPos should be able to achieve that though. Now, from personal experience, theeee very best battery I've run is undoubtedly Venom. I have 4-year old 3800 60c shorties that are as potent today as they were the day I bought them and they have NEVER dumped on me. Not in mod 4WD OR 2WD. One of them was even endured a fire and though the case melted a touch by the connectors, it's still never presented a si God issue. The next best batteries I've run are some off brand Hi-Power off eBay that are 4300 60c and they've been rocking perfectly without ever dumping. My Track Power Saddles were amazing for 3 years until they swelled and the cases burst.

The absolute worst batteries I ever owned are Reedy. They are utterly total trash. Had a saddle pack swell and burst open just 6 weeks after purchasing them and Reedy tried saying they were really old batteries and gave me a hard time before replacing them with the newer ones. It was a relief to not have to spend another $120 on a saddle pack but from the first time I ran them they dumped on me with over a minute to go in a 4 minute qualifier. Thinking I didn't charge them properly, I tried them again for the 2nd qualifier only to have them dump on me again. Ran my track power saddle for the Main and had no issues. I tried these saddles again and again and they simply do not hold charge and I have a really high end charger so I know it's not lesser quality equipment. They've been sitting in storage mode for some time and I'll use them for test runs in front of my house.

The other batteries I didn't have a good experience were SMC, had 2 packs and both swelled in no time and burst open in less than 2 months. Their approach to customer service was to offer me a 10% discount on new ones. I said no thanks and cut my losses.

I'm now in need of more shorties so I'm going to buy some Venom packs.

In regards to 12mm hexes, which wheels fit correctly without the need to shim?

I'm going to phase out my 12 remaining 14mm sets and go with 12mm finally. Of all the wheels I've ever run on or 2WD buggies the AKA Wheels were the best. So precise and they fit the PRS1 and RB5/6 without any slop. Mac wheels have a slightly larger opening and if you're not paying attention you can mount them slightly off center and have wobble. That's never the case with AKA. Now for them to make them in 4- Packs like JC. Lol
Old 03-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

well, not sure how similar the dimensions are between the v5 and v4, but I read that the Losi 22-4 fronts are just a bit wider than stock width. B5 type in the rear is what I use.

Exotek when I asked them (using there hexes) recommended either TL22-4 fronts or HB fronts, and B5 rears.

As for shorties, I'll be doing that on my V5 using Promatch batteries. there new 5mm 4600s do have some good IR numbers from my initial cycles on my Icharger 406 with resister bank. I also have the 4600 100Cs they were offering and those have worked well too. I also like there warranty policies.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Has anyone tryed 12 mm schumacher weels?
As here in europe, many races does have hand out tires, most of them are schumacher!
If you are interested, i have an 410v3 and an schumacher k2, so 14mm durango and 12 mm schumacher weels, i could do some messurements/pics about the off set?
Also, if they fit fine, schumacher does have two different kind of weels, if i remamber correctly, they are different in stiffnes, but not sure yet!?
Old 03-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

I just purchased the little meter mechanism that measures the IR so I will be keeping an eye and noting the IR on my batteries. I have a sticky note on the back of each battery to be able to keep some notes as what they are charged at, 1 or 2c, IR, etc.

I think I am going to go with 22-4 fronts and B5 rears, B5s because I already have a ton of them as that's what I run. As for the type of wheels I run AKA 90% of the time and DE the other 10%. I run both 2.2 and 2.4, I've been wanting to test out different tires and wheel combos lately.

I have a Venom 3s lipo I've used in my Stampede and drift car and it's been amazing. I just purchased a couple of SMC as I've heard good and bad reviews, for the price I figured it was worth a shot. Depending on how well they last I may go back to Venom. I feel like battery brand is just like the buggy brand. Everyone has good and bad stories. It comes down to how they are charged, discharged, stored and treated. I store mine in the freezer when not in use and take them out the day before I go to the track. Always store at 50% and never charge over 90%. I try to do my part in treating them well.

You guys are a wealth of knowledge, thank you!!
Old 03-16-2016, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Finally got my colors on a new body for my v5. It's a B44.2 Bulldog. Fits pretty good. More room in the front for the tower brace/support and more room in the back. Also cut on the lines and overall the body sits lower. The only issue is the chassis angle in the front is a little off, but not really an issue. Now I'm all set for our trophy race on Sunday.....
We're can I buy that chassis and upgrades it look way better and faster
Old 03-16-2016, 05:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by knowitall156
That thing looks so clean and dialed. Cant wait to get one!!!!!!!!!
We're can you buy the convention kit at and will it work with a v3/v4

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.