Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Gump, I love it!!! A 1/10 scale truggy! Nice work on the innovation. How does it drive? Very cool indeed.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

TD webpage for the v5 is alive!

http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/dex410v5/
Old 01-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

OK Now I want back in the Durango family. The v5 was a bit of a concern for me in how they made the chassis wider, but I have to say it is well done and the body is nice. Not as nice as the Kuhler, but better than the V4 lid for sure.

Loving ALL the Aluminum in the kit and 12 & 14mm hexes… THAT is proper foresight and consideration for wheeler people who may have either size hex wheels!!!!

SB401 is closer to going on the auction block.

Now Durango needs to once again build a pro team and show the world they are one of the best. Might have been a good idea to sign Mayfield to run all their off-road kits. Wonder how he and Durango would have done.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

The cars look so rad, I just went through the V5 manual and I can't wait until next month. I'm curious if the exotek slipper eliminator will work on the new V5? The center diff looks just like the DESC410 setup so maybe I just answered my own question?
Old 01-04-2016, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Having run a Center Gear diff, I'm not so sure I'd want to run it on the V5, though theirs has a slipper, and I've not run a center gear diff with a slipper. In my experience a car without a slipper can't touch one with a slipper in terms of smoothness and power application. Without one it's instant power all the time and makes for a really twitchy car.

Hence why I never understood locking out the slipper not he 410 to begin with. I adjust slip according to my track and grip levels coming out of turns that require hard acceleration. Just need enough slip so the tires barely hold traction in the low-mid range. Get that right and your car is usually on rails.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

TD your welcome........two years later If you could send me a new kit I would gladly compare......

Last edited by Bman's 3XNT; 01-04-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

I love it, the car looks so refined. Running the 410 since 2009 it's awesome to see its gradual process......
Old 01-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by the incubus
Having run a Center Gear diff, I'm not so sure I'd want to run it on the V5, though theirs has a slipper, and I've not run a center gear diff with a slipper. In my experience a car without a slipper can't touch one with a slipper in terms of smoothness and power application. Without one it's instant power all the time and makes for a really twitchy car.

Hence why I never understood locking out the slipper not he 410 to begin with. I adjust slip according to my track and grip levels coming out of turns that require hard acceleration. Just need enough slip so the tires barely hold traction in the low-mid range. Get that right and your car is usually on rails.
Yeah, I haven't ever seen an issue with running a slipper on my v4. The car is great and I haven't ever had a need for a center diff. With that said, since this car had the same diff design as the sc410 I went and ordered a couple slipper eliminators so I could try it with the slipper and without. And, a big plus, Exotek had them for $4.00 on their site right now. So cheap is nice.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Nice score, but I reckon if you KNOW how to adjust a slipper for optimum performance, I will predict that like me, you will find the car to be overtly twitchy when you apply throttle. It will be a bit jerky at times. You can get used to it and drive about as fast as with a slipper, but it takes considerably more input to do so. And it consumes tires more rapidly in an uneven fashion.

My tires with a center diff wear around the outside more than anywhere else but with a slipper, they wear pretty even so traction degrades uniformly. Odd characteristic I've also seen on 413's.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by the incubus
Nice score, but I reckon if you KNOW how to adjust a slipper for optimum performance, I will predict that like me, you will find the car to be overtly twitchy when you apply throttle. It will be a bit jerky at times. You can get used to it and drive about as fast as with a slipper, but it takes considerably more input to do so. And it consumes tires more rapidly in an uneven fashion.

My tires with a center diff wear around the outside more than anywhere else but with a slipper, they wear pretty even so traction degrades uniformly. Odd characteristic I've also seen on 413's.
Yeah, I've never driven a wheeler with a center diff so it should be an interesting learning curve. I wonder how different it is from a 4wd sc though? I never really had any issues tuning my sc410 and desc10. But it seems like almost everyone that I know that runs a different brand wheeler with a center diff has struggled to get it dialed in at some point. I guess time will tell, I'm going to try to get this thing pre-ordered in the next couple of weeks.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Well, I find SCT's to be the anomaly in off-Road RC in that they are truly alone in how they generate Mechanical Grip without the aide of aero of any kind. In fact most, if not all SCT Lids are like parachutes and are counter productive in that area.

Their length and heft, as well as wheel/tire composition all contribute to their ability to create traction. The reason they likely do fine with the center diff is the length and heft. I can't recall seeing a race high-quality (non-basher) SCT doing stand still donuts the way normal wheelers can with their shorter wheel bases. It's happened to me when I'm ripping it down the main straight and hit a bump and get swirly. I try to correct a few times until I lose it and it does a 360, sometimes more on it's central point. When this happens to SCT's they steer in the direction they finally lose it in, almost drifting.

Can't wait to see how the V5 performs.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

I've been running a center diff in in my 410 for over two years now. I love it. Exotek locker and 125k. It runs perfect to my liking. Everyone has an opinion...
Old 01-04-2016, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Centre diff is the standard kit specification.

there will be parts available so that a regular slipper clutch (2-way split slipper like the v4 style) can be used.

I've used the car with centre diff and with 2-way slipper and they both perform well.

This car is all about choices, there is a lot of tune-ability in the kit that will allow you to dial the car into exactly how you want the car to drive.

The car can be everything from mellow and smooth to lively and aggressive.

for what its worth, because its such a big platform update, do you think the v5 and the 210F need their own new threads?
Old 01-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doughty
for what its worth, because its such a big platform update, do you think the v5 and the 210F need their own new threads?
Yes! That would be great…you have my nomination to start them
Old 01-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Doughty
Centre diff is the standard kit specification.

there will be parts available so that a regular slipper clutch (2-way split slipper like the v4 style) can be used.

I've used the car with centre diff and with 2-way slipper and they both perform well.

This car is all about choices, there is a lot of tune-ability in the kit that will allow you to dial the car into exactly how you want the car to drive.

The car can be everything from mellow and smooth to lively and aggressive.

Will the V5 motor mount fit the v4 chassis

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.