Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tower Hobbies sells the kits. Make sure to hit the area with a very hot soldering iron, to soften the Loctite so you can remove them. I stripped out a few and had to drill them out before I learned this trick.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
Tower Hobbies sells the kits. Make sure to hit the area with a very hot soldering iron, to soften the Loctite so you can remove them. I stripped out a few and had to drill them out before I learned this trick.
Do u mean the cvd rebuild kit? That is not what I mean. I mean pressing out and replacing dogbone and universal pins. So easy on my 8IGHT.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

So after trying to make my v4 work well with a shorty lipo I've ended up with a very heavy front shock/spring package compared to the rear and tuned out as much steering as possible added both brass weights to gain more rear grip but honestly it just feels unbalanced and not fun to drive, so I have decided to convert it to a v5 similar to d413 b44.3 xb4 and pretty much all other wheelers that have the motor at the rear and shorty beside it. I know a few have done this before but the ones I have seen made new wider chassis and then used an ae or xray body but I will be keeping the original chassis and body because that's what attracted me to the durango in the first place, pics to follow.....
Old 12-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankf
So after trying to make my v4 work well with a shorty lipo I've ended up with a very heavy front shock/spring package compared to the rear and tuned out as much steering as possible added both brass weights to gain more rear grip but honestly it just feels unbalanced and not fun to drive, so I have decided to convert it to a v5 similar to d413 b44.3 xb4 and pretty much all other wheelers that have the motor at the rear and shorty beside it. I know a few have done this before but the ones I have seen made new wider chassis and then used an ae or xray body but I will be keeping the original chassis and body because that's what attracted me to the durango in the first place, pics to follow.....
Funny you metion that i never felt as good with a shorty. I went through the same process with mine ran shorty for over a year and it just never felt as good as it having saddles. I run a square pack now and even though its a heavy 1840g now it feels really good to drive.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankf
Just out of curiosity, what front blocks are your running. I've found that when a 410 is on the twitchy side it's usually down to the front blocks. The kit I believe still includes the 19 blocks. If that's what you're running I suggest you change to the 21 blocks as they REALLY make a world of difference in smoothing the car out.

As well, what are you using for weight on it. Initially I listened to the masses that you had to have both the rear skid plate and the side weights but I found that the car was too heavy. I Removed the side weights and was able to run shorties just fine. Car was as they like to say… Dialed!

I ran 32f/27R and 7K/3.5K diff oils.

One other thing I would suggest highly is a Vortex wing. It has a very large main plane and the wicker panel is just right in every regard. Excellent downforce without all the resistance you get from other wings. Balances the 410 perfectly.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Still using standard castor blocks and I was using the brass rear and brass diff cradle weights but the latter was mainly for strength, I managed to dial the twitchiness out but it just never felt planted in the rear and I didn't feel confident on the throttle. Anyway im past the point of no return and one bonus is all the space ill have up front for the electronics now.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Finally done there is definitely more space for electrics, the left to right balance is very good, the battery brace doubles as a chassis brace, and best of all the standard v4 body still fits, overall very pleased with the end result. Now to remove the brass weight and reverse everything I did trying to decrease the steering in hope it would give me more rear bite (it didn't)
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-p1010377.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-p1010379.jpg  
Old 12-25-2015, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Wow, that is different!! I am not sure I want to do all the work you went through. I guess it is much lighter with the shorty though. Please let us know how it handles in a race.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Couple of questions. Can the v4 be ran with a brick pack instead of saddles? When is the v5 coming out. Can't seem to find any mention of it

Last edited by dpcardoza; 12-25-2015 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:47 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dpcardoza
Couple of questions. Can the v4 be ran with a brick pack instead of saddles? When is the v5 coming out. Can't seem to find any mention of it
Square packs fit.

Haven't seen news of an official release date for the v5, but from all the info that has been released it shouldn't be too far away.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Just a note.. looks like there are B-Type or in-line changes to the diff cases and the hoops. New kits are different... they won't even fit into the old hoops (alum) with out sanding them down.. the new hoops are also have a little more material.. may not ever need the aluminum again... A few of the other plastics are also slightly different material now.. more firm.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Wheels!

Guys, i tried the search but couldn't find what i wanted...
Will the B5/B44.3 rear wheels and tlr 22-4 front wheels with Exotek 12mm hex adapters make the same width as the original Durango wheels?
I think yes but has someone got some confirmation for me??
Thanks!
Old 01-01-2016, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dpcardoza
This can answer a fiew of your and our questions!

http://www.rcnews.net/2015/12/30/hob...ango-dex410v5/
Old 01-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Egress
Guys, i tried the search but couldn't find what i wanted...
Will the B5/B44.3 rear wheels and tlr 22-4 front wheels with Exotek 12mm hex adapters make the same width as the original Durango wheels?
I think yes but has someone got some confirmation for me??
Thanks!
Any of those wheels can work with the exotek hexes, if you run the tlr wheels on the front it will make the front wider. I'm not sure in mm how far the difference is, but it's noticeable. The rears I didnt really notice a difference.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Laker67
Any of those wheels can work with the exotek hexes, if you run the tlr wheels on the front it will make the front wider. I'm not sure in mm how far the difference is, but it's noticeable. The rears I didnt really notice a difference.
Thanks mate. So if i would want the same width as per stock in the front i should buy Asso b44.3 front wheels? Is this correct?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.