Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Speaking of Fans, what is a good aftermarket fan? Also is anyone running low profile servos in there buggy?
Old 09-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Norse
Speaking of Fans, what is a good aftermarket fan? Also is anyone running low profile servos in there buggy?
I'm interested in fan setup also, I believe I have enough room to mount a fan but am really looking to find a low profile heat sink and fan combo to mount on the motor, not the chassis to cool and displace as much heat as possible, just not sure if anyone is running this type of setup and which brand fits and works best.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darrin011
I'm interested in fan setup also, I believe I have enough room to mount a fan but am really looking to find a low profile heat sink and fan combo to mount on the motor, not the chassis to cool and displace as much heat as possible, just not sure if anyone is running this type of setup and which brand fits and works best.
I run a small Much More fan sitting on the right of the spur gear as it circulates the air under the body well. Drawing air from my esc which is right in front of the fan.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've never run a 4-pole motor as I've never run an SCT but I've run Orion 5.5, reedy 6.5 and now a hobbywing 5.5 and run a 21 tooth pinion on the stock spur and it's fast! My motor temps tend to be high no matter what I do so I just keep a spare motor with me just in case but have never needed it. The fan under the drive shaft pulls fresh air over my ESC and over my
Motor so every little bit counts.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darrin011
Thanks, I'll try some minor drilling in those locations, thanks a lot for the time and help
Originally Posted by the incubus
Good but still… INSTALL A FAN!

I've had one in every wheeler I'ver run and I have never suffered equipment failure. On the contrary I have seen others suffer failures due to extreme temperatures that cause a multitude of issues ranging from motor death to ESC meltdown.

Better safe than sorry.
I've never understood the whole putting a fan on the motor thing. I know I'll get grief for even saying anything but, if your motor is geared right, you shouldn't need holes in the body or extra fans.

I run a 6.5t with ZERO timing in the can or ESC and no holes drilled in the body and after a 10+ minute run the motor and ESC are just barely warm. I drive it hard too. If your motor/ESC is getting hot than something isn't right.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hackersmovie
I've never understood the whole putting a fan on the motor thing. I know I'll get grief for even saying anything but, if your motor is geared right, you shouldn't need holes in the body or extra fans.

I run a 6.5t with ZERO timing in the can or ESC and no holes drilled in the body and after a 10+ minute run the motor and ESC are just barely warm. I drive it hard too. If your motor/ESC is getting hot than something isn't right.
CJ, you'll develop more heat once you get on a higher grip surface. That could be where the disconnect is. I don't normally run a fan on my 10th scale stuff except 4wd buggy. I usually try to get it dialed in first without it, but then will add one later if needed.

Vent holes are absolutely needed front and back on any 4wd buggy. They help cool down everything, not just the motor.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Some motors run WAY hotter than others. I ran a 7.5T next-generation 'brand-X' motor last fall. It ran 20-30 degrees hotter than the previous generation brand-X motor. I could not keep it cool enough. So I mounted a FAN on it with an LRP 82515 braket. Worked a charm. Gave me confidence if I needed to get a little heavy on the throttle it would go into a Chernobyl meltdown...
Old 09-04-2015, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Some motors run WAY hotter than others. I ran a 7.5T next-generation 'brand-X' motor last fall. It ran 20-30 degrees hotter than the previous generation brand-X motor. I could not keep it cool enough. So I mounted a FAN on it with an LRP 82515 braket. Worked a charm. Gave me confidence if I needed to get a little heavy on the throttle it would go into a Chernobyl meltdown...
yeah that's a good point too.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Servo need: looking for some advise on a good servo to run in my DEXV4. any suggestions would be appreciated. Looking for smooth, quiet, reliable servo that has enough torque and speed.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I run this little gem in all my rides.... No issues ever mine are 3-4 years old

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SC1258...avsc1258tg.htm
Old 09-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Geared right? There are few options here. I ran an Orion VST 5.5 and I could literally BURN eggs on it it ran so hot, My Reedy was only a hair cooler and my Hobbywing 5.5 runs quite hot as well. I run a 21/87 which is pretty much what most people run on a 410 and I also run ZERO timing. And none of those motors are junk. I also ran Speed Passion Motors as well as my Team Powers Plutonium 17.5 and even that one builds temperature.

I suggest you try running here in South Florida and see how cool your stuff runs then. I will guarantee you it won't be mildly warm to the touch. Even the top guys here run into heat issues and I've seen more than a handful of them Running Tekin RX8's get so hot the poles unsoldered right off of the ESC.

In the winter time here when it's in the 50's our cars will run the way you describe but the rest of the time it's hot and the cars run hot as well.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

hi,
can somebody tell me if its possible to buy a spare fat shock spring cup tdr 330013... I can find only for standard bores it, but not for fat shocks.
I lost one pcs, and now realised that it becomes a problem to find a spare

pls help!
Old 09-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hardijs
hi,
can somebody tell me if its possible to buy a spare fat shock spring cup tdr 330013... I can find only for standard bores it, but not for fat shocks.

pls help!
TD390026

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCCAP&P=7
Old 09-05-2015, 05:33 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hardijs
hi,

pls help!
The type B retainers are another option, they include standard and -2 offset retainers, TD330600 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDXMU&P=7
Old 09-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thank You!

Thank you guys!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.