Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 07:12 AM
  #17866  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,057
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

If the car is excellent across the board I say you should find more time around the track and take that section a bit slower and more cautiously.

Having said that, I'd suggest you drop oil weights to 32.5 front, 28 rear and see how that goes. Too heavy an oil will stiffen compression, thus bouncing the car upwards.
the incubus is offline  
Old 04-17-2015, 08:31 AM
  #17867  
Tech Initiate
 
vacajar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 27
Default

Entry into this corner is while coming off throttle but not breaking trying to allow the car to rotate the corner.
I do have the u joints installed front and rear. Thanks for the help guys
vacajar is offline  
Old 04-17-2015, 03:45 PM
  #17868  
Tech Master
iTrader: (69)
 
Laker67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,957
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone else get a really annoying squeak from their front and rear universal drivelines? Mine got so bad I just pulled them out of the car.
Laker67 is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 01:18 PM
  #17869  
Tech Initiate
 
vacajar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by Laker67
Does anyone else get a really annoying squeak from their front and rear universal drivelines? Mine got so bad I just pulled them out of the car.
I haven't noticed any major noise coming from mine. I normally soak them in dry lube after every race then blow them off with the air compressor.
vacajar is offline  
Old 04-19-2015, 08:47 PM
  #17870  
Tech Initiate
 
vacajar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 27
Default 1 degree rear hubs and Plastic Diff Gears

So how many people are running the TD 1 Degree Rear Hubs? I have a set but haven't put them on the car yet. Is there is noticeable benefit to drive in or on power steering with only 1 degree change?

Now that plastic diff gears have been out awhile what are some of the Benefits or wear that you guys have noticed? Obviously the rotating mass changes. on my scale at home the Metal gears and bars came out to 84.4g. Plastic came out to only 24.2g. So your saving 60.2g or just over 2 ounces per diff.

Having a parts car has left me with an extra set of front and rear diffs. This weekend i rebuilt them both with plastic gears and 5k rear and 10k front along with my extra set of universal shafts. Now i have 2 sets of rear diffs set at 5k and 3k and two fronts at 7k and 10k. Time for some testing.
vacajar is offline  
Old 04-20-2015, 12:34 AM
  #17871  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
frankf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 305
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I don't like the 1deg hubs i find the buggy has better side bite/grip with the stock hubs, as far as the plastic diff gears go I have used anything from 6.5-8.5 boost/turbo etc... and no damage to the diffs
frankf is offline  
Old 04-20-2015, 03:49 AM
  #17872  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by frankf
I don't like the 1deg hubs i find the buggy has better side bite/grip with the stock hubs, as far as the plastic diff gears go I have used anything from 6.5-8.5 boost/turbo etc... and no damage to the diffs
+1
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 04-20-2015, 05:03 PM
  #17873  
Tech Initiate
 
vacajar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by frankf
I don't like the 1deg hubs i find the buggy has better side bite/grip with the stock hubs, as far as the plastic diff gears go I have used anything from 6.5-8.5 boost/turbo etc... and no damage to the diffs
That's what i was expecting to hear. As someone ells said " our plastic spur gears take a massive amount of abuse why couldn't the plastic diff gears do it.
vacajar is offline  
Old 04-20-2015, 05:17 PM
  #17874  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
rcjunky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,202
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

2oz per diff? That doesn't sound right. I did the same thing, 2 sets of diffs for quick oil changes, but I did 3/5 and 5/7. I put in brand new plastic gears and ran all year, the oil was black so ya might want to change it more often :P they still looked good so I put them in and run them in my carpet car now.
rcjunky1 is offline  
Old 04-20-2015, 08:52 PM
  #17875  
Tech Initiate
 
vacajar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
2oz per diff? That doesn't sound right. I did the same thing, 2 sets of diffs for quick oil changes, but I did 3/5 and 5/7. I put in brand new plastic gears and ran all year, the oil was black so ya might want to change it more often :P they still looked good so I put them in and run them in my carpet car now.
Your right my conversion should have been grains to ounces not grams to ounces i was using a reloading scale and forgot to change it. Thanks for catching that. I thought that seemed like a pretty significant number the first time i did it. Not so much anymore.

Metal gears = .192 oz
Plastic gears = .056 oz

So a .136 savings or a little over 70% weight reduction. per diff.
vacajar is offline  
Old 04-20-2015, 10:56 PM
  #17876  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
frankf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 305
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Can someone measure the front to rear weight bias of there buggy using saddle packs. I just checked mine with a shorty and the esc mounted on it's side at the rear next to the shorty, I have 47/53% fr/rr that's with brass skid plate & rear diff inserts
frankf is offline  
Old 04-21-2015, 07:53 AM
  #17877  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
rcjunky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,202
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vacajar
Your right my conversion should have been grains to ounces not grams to ounces i was using a reloading scale and forgot to change it. Thanks for catching that. I thought that seemed like a pretty significant number the first time i did it. Not so much anymore.

Metal gears = .192 oz
Plastic gears = .056 oz

So a .136 savings or a little over 70% weight reduction. per diff.
Is that just the plastic gear weight or the complete diff with oil? The % value should be of the whole diff
rcjunky1 is offline  
Old 04-21-2015, 07:55 AM
  #17878  
Tech Master
iTrader: (69)
 
Laker67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,957
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

So I ran my Wheeler at the April Fools Classic last weekend and the car is by far the best wheeler I've run and I've had almost all of them. Its so insanely fast through the corners and if it wasn't for some really bad luck with the start and lapped traffic I have no doubt the car was podium worthy. I only ran 2 of the 4 qualifiers and qualified 5th in the A main, she was just blistering fast for 13.5. I think its time to drop a mod motor in it and really give it hell. Just beaming with pride in it and wanted to share.
Laker67 is offline  
Old 04-21-2015, 11:28 AM
  #17879  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Laker67
So I ran my Wheeler at the April Fools Classic last weekend and the car is by far the best wheeler I've run and I've had almost all of them. Its so insanely fast through the corners and if it wasn't for some really bad luck with the start and lapped traffic I have no doubt the car was podium worthy. I only ran 2 of the 4 qualifiers and qualified 5th in the A main, she was just blistering fast for 13.5. I think its time to drop a mod motor in it and really give it hell. Just beaming with pride in it and wanted to share.
That's encouraging news!! With most people posting negative comments about TD it's refreshing to hear a success story!
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 04-21-2015, 05:05 PM
  #17880  
Tech Initiate
 
vacajar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
Is that just the plastic gear weight or the complete diff with oil? The % value should be of the whole diff
the weights are the gears plus the cross shafts be it plastic or metal depending on the gears. since that's the only thing that changed. The % value is only for the change in items weighed.
vacajar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.