Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by white03
I do have the exotek gold spring adjustment nut and lower caps on my list of upgrades, as well and the diff hoops/stays, and the aluminum servo mount. I never had any experience with hobbywing, toro brand escs. I just went with what I know works. I would have tried a tekin system, but the cost was more than I wanted to spend. My trakpower system won't be here until Monday next week.....UPS ground. I'm picking up the lipos on Friday night and a few other odds and ends. Next up is body painting and trimming. I do need to get a pinion gear. On a medium-sized track and 13.5 power where to start.....20/87, 21/87, 22/87 etc. Let me know. Thanks guys! You have been very helpful.
We have a very competitive 13.5 class and I run a 78 spur and 32 pinion. I do have to run a fan to keep it cool but comes off after 6 min at about 145-150*
Old 02-18-2015, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the shocks tips you guys. I will get the silicon orings and work on this some more.

When I say it feels like gummy bears, after final bleed I pump the shock in my hands without spring on and there is about 2-5mm of play I can feel and hear which must be air. I know I likely sound like an amateur builder but I race a lot and have never experienced this much difficulty building shocks. And as I said I build the Kyosho shocks all the time with no problems.

I have not put oil in the shock cap so maybe that will help. I thought that would trap air when placing over shock body. Another idea was to vacuum the assembled shock before inserting set screw but I asse that will cause more problems
Old 02-19-2015, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I fill them as much as you can without over flowing, like a big bubble on top, put on the cap, hold it vertical and compress, then put in the bleeder screw. some find it easier to fill the cap and put them together though
Old 02-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MrHistory
Thanks for the shocks tips you guys. I will get the silicon orings and work on this some more.

When I say it feels like gummy bears, after final bleed I pump the shock in my hands without spring on and there is about 2-5mm of play I can feel and hear which must be air. I know I likely sound like an amateur builder but I race a lot and have never experienced this much difficulty building shocks. And as I said I build the Kyosho shocks all the time with no problems.

I have not put oil in the shock cap so maybe that will help. I thought that would trap air when placing over shock body. Another idea was to vacuum the assembled shock before inserting set screw but I asse that will cause more problems
The way I do it was to fill the shock almost to the top. Vaccum pump it. Then fill it to the top. Since you are not running a bladder, you also need to fill the shock cap so that there is no air in the shock, otherwise it's not completely full. Put the cap on, push the shaft up. Then insert the bleed screw. It is the same way when you build the emulsion style losi shocks. Kyosho shocks are nice but the process is different. Also before you race, I always pump my shocks a few times to ensure the emulsion is mixed well and the shock stays consistent after the run. If your ride height changes, it normally means you got air in the shocks. I find the rubber boots help keep the shock more consistent with less intervals between rebleeds. With the boots on my o-ring last easily 1 season of racing. Without them I need to change them every few weeks cause the dirt gets on the shaft and scratches the shaft and wrecks the orings.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here in Clarksville, Tn it is a mess everywhere. The rain is melting 12" of snow on the ground. At least the roads to the race track should be decent. i hope the roof can handle the weight of snow and rain.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Which brand machined pistons do you all recommend? I don't see any 2 hole pistons made by durango.

Please let me know if the pistons are same as another car's shocks so i can search for some, and if i need a spacer please let me know exactly which. THANKS
Old 02-21-2015, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MrHistory
Which brand machined pistons do you all recommend? I don't see any 2 hole pistons made by durango.

Please let me know if the pistons are same as another car's shocks so i can search for some, and if i need a spacer please let me know exactly which. THANKS
TD330590
Old 02-22-2015, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Ever have one of those nights best stayed home. Well at least the Desc410 was behaving. I went to a larger motor and kicked up the power, oops! Bad idea. Ripped the right arm, pulled the piston cap off, and bent the pin as well. In the Main, of course. Definitely dropping the power and lowering the current limiter as well. The car is acting squirrely with the universal joints, I may try different tires to see if that helps. I am using a heavier servo, so not sure how much that effected it.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by platgof
Ever have one of those nights best stayed home. Well at least the Desc410 was behaving. I went to a larger motor and kicked up the power, oops! Bad idea. Ripped the right arm, pulled the piston cap off, and bent the pin as well. In the Main, of course. Definitely dropping the power and lowering the current limiter as well. The car is acting squirrely with the universal joints, I may try different tires to see if that helps. I am using a heavier servo, so not sure how much that effected it.
Where do you have the universal joints? Center, front or rear?

The center ones just make the drive train smoother.

Having the front universals is just gonna make the steering even more crazier. As universals up front is gonna create more grip up front. Having it in the rear will give you more rear side grip. If grip is low, I tend to use only the rear.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

There in the front, and I am everywhere on the track. I was way overpowered, so I backed the power down, and hope that will help. I jacked the power up going from a 8.5 to a 7.5, also reduced the current limiter, and added timing. Just a bad combo for me. So I am adding more current limit, lowering the timing to zero. I might go back to my old tires up front as well. I wanted to use the front uni's to smooth it out and help it to last longer.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

yeah...5.5 was WAY TOO MUCH for me too. haha. Maybe when I go to the new track in Vegas

Originally Posted by Dino_D
5.5 is a little too much for me. LOL. I just turn on turbo if I need more top end. Avg 130 temp on the motor after the mains running a 6.5 My team mate drives the 5.5 and I don't know how he does it either. The thing is a rocket down the straights.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

I tried a Tekin 5 turn once! Oh it was fun for awhile, but the power was insane. I had to put it away. I have my hands full with the 7.5 as it is. I guess I could get 75 mph out of that 5 turn with the right gearing!
Old 02-24-2015, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by platgof
There in the front, and I am everywhere on the track. I was way overpowered, so I backed the power down, and hope that will help. I jacked the power up going from a 8.5 to a 7.5, also reduced the current limiter, and added timing. Just a bad combo for me. So I am adding more current limit, lowering the timing to zero. I might go back to my old tires up front as well. I wanted to use the front uni's to smooth it out and help it to last longer.
Universal add traction to the side you put it on. Adding it to the front without the rear is gonna make a car with aggressive steering even more aggressive.

Either do front and rear or just the rear.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anyone have a dex410v3 or v4 for sale? Send me a pm of what you have...
Old 02-26-2015, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Just ordered the rear universal joints to get it balanced out. I had no idea what was going on, as it was out of control for awhile. If I dropped the power it was okay, but add power and wham, another crash. I have to admit, it was really fast. I hope the changes made in power will get it going again, and installing the rear universal when it arrives.

Last edited by platgof; 02-26-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.