Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey Ladies,

So I've gone ahead and done it and bought the Hobby-Pro SB401 so I can run the same brand vehicles for the first time in a long time.

BUT, my 410 IS NOT going anywhere. I will be changing out all the bearings this Saturday to have it ready for my son to race his first wheeler this Sunday. I have yet to test out the SB401, but if it does not perform as well as people have told me, It will be sold and we will be getting myself another 410. Pain in the but as it is to fit everything in it cleanly, it's simply one of the best designed and performing wheelers to date, and I have no issues with it in any capacity. I did need to overhaul it though and instead of dulling out a ridonculous $160+ to upgrade drivetrain to v4 Spec, I figured I'd venture out and try Hobby-Pro's wheeler, considering how thoroughly impressed and pleased I am with my PRS1.

I will be posting a thorough review after I race the SB401 so look for that if it interests you.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Traitor! What, you will just have a whole new box of issues to deal with, and no square battery for you, ha!
Old 02-16-2015, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

I just picked up a 410v4. I want to set it up for high traction carpet. Anyone know what pistons, oils and any additional advice to set it up? Thanks!
Old 02-16-2015, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by white03
I just picked up a 410v4. I want to set it up for high traction carpet. Anyone know what pistons, oils and any additional advice to set it up? Thanks!
Jorn normally used kit springs and sway bars. Hupo and Micheal setups are on the durango site or on PetitRc.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dino_D
Jorn normally used kit springs and sway bars. Hupo and Micheal setups are on the durango site or on PetitRc.
I did find those setups. Thanks Dino! Bare in mind this is my 1st 4x4 buggy and i'm looking to have a great experience with it. I have always ran 2wd trucks, sc, and buggies. I just had to order a 13.5 trakpower system due to my 13.5 Novak system, the esc won't fit with the receiver in this car.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

I did find those setups. Thanks Dino! Bare in mind this is my 1st 4x4 buggy and i'm looking to have a great experience with it. I have always ran 2wd trucks, sc, and buggies. I just had to order a 13.5 trakpower system due to my 13.5 Novak system, the esc won't fit with the receiver in this car.
Yeah, its a little tight on space so you kinda need a small ESC.

As for carpet setups, it really depends on the temp of the track.
Keep in mind, cooler room temps will require you to run lighter oils.
Diffs are gonna be in the 10k range front and rear.
The last thing is to play with roll centers to fine tune the handling, and shock positions.

Go inboard on the shock tower for more grip and outboard for less grip.
Roll centers, lower on the inner camber link (shock tower) for less roll, higher for more roll. More roll = more grip.
You can always post your questions and there will always be people to help answer them for you.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dino_D
Yeah, its a little tight on space so you kinda need a small ESC.

As for carpet setups, it really depends on the temp of the track.
Keep in mind, cooler room temps will require you to run lighter oils.
Diffs are gonna be in the 10k range front and rear.
The last thing is to play with roll centers to fine tune the handling, and shock positions.

Go inboard on the shock tower for more grip and outboard for less grip.
Roll centers, lower on the inner camber link (shock tower) for less roll, higher for more roll. More roll = more grip.
You can always post your questions and there will always be people to help answer them for you.
Thanks again Dino! I would love to further discuss roll centers and camber link lengths with you in great detail. I'm getting out on Friday and picking up some trakpower saddle packs for this buggy. So, here's my setup...Hitec 79** series digital servo @139oz/in, trakpower esc/motor combo in13.5, 6000mah 80c trakpower saddle pack. I should be good to roll. What do ya think?
Old 02-17-2015, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Thanks again Dino! I would love to further discuss roll centers and camber link lengths with you in great detail. I'm getting out on Friday and picking up some trakpower saddle packs for this buggy. So, here's my setup...Hitec 79** series digital servo @139oz/in, trakpower esc/motor combo in13.5, 6000mah 80c trakpower saddle pack. I should be good to roll. What do ya think?
Which version are you referring to?
If its the 7965MG
Speed (4.8V/6.0V): 0.13 / 0.10
Torque oz./in. (4.8V/6.0V): 111 / 139

It's ok. A little bit more torque and speed is better.

Depends on your budget but sometimes $10-$20 more gets you a better servo, may I recommend:

HS-7940TH?
Speed (6.0V/7.4V): 0.07 / 0.06
Torque oz./in. (6.0V/7.4V): 181 / 222

Savox 1258TG
Speed @ 6.0V: 0.08 sec/60
Torque @ 6.0V: 166 oz-in / 12 kg-cm

The track power setup is good. I have a few friends who use it. It is small and lightweight. It has good service and local support. I personally think the old RS Pro was the best sized ESC for this buggy, and the trakpower isn't that much bigger than the old Tekin RS. All the new ESC seem to be getting bigger again.

There are a lot of good ESC out there. Tekin, LRP, Team Orion, G-Force TS-120, or the HobbyWing v3.1 120A ESC. It depends on your budget. But let me tell ya, fitting some of these newer ESC into the 410 requires some ESC/RX planning and space savings. It took me like 2 hours just to figure out the best wiring and layout. Also I don't run the plastic tray that holds the ESC and Receiver.

I personally run the SKyRC Toro TS-120. It has more adjustments than the track power. Actually it is very similar in programming as the G-Force or Hobbywing. You can either adjust the ESC via programming card, or via blueooth on your smart phone which is really awesome. No need for a laptop at the track. You got enough stuff to bring to the track, let alone a laptop.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

I looked at some of the hobby wing stuff, and I'm just concerned about quality and longevity of their products. Plus looking at the cost, I can get a name brand system. I do agree that the laptop programming is abit excessive when there is enough stuff to carry to the track. I love the sound of the Bluetooth tuning on your smart phone. That's cool! The servo I believe is the 7965, I have to confirm when I get home from work. The reason I went with trakpower is, I'm already fimilar with it and have their 17.5 system in my DEX210V2. So far it seems to be a great system!
Old 02-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

I looked at some of the hobby wing stuff, and I'm just concerned about quality and longevity of their products. Plus looking at the cost, I can get a name brand system. I do agree that the laptop programming is abit excessive when there is enough stuff to carry to the track. I love the sound of the Bluetooth tuning on your smart phone. That's cool! The servo I believe is the 7965, I have to confirm when I get home from work. The reason I went with trakpower is, I'm already fimilar with it and have their 17.5 system in my DEX210V2. So far it seems to be a great system!
Yeah like I said, TrakPower is a great product. Just wished they made a handheld programmer.

I still think the 7940 is a better servo in the long run as both investment and quality wise.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Any other worth while upgrades to do to the 410v4 Dino? I already have the aluminum servo saver and aluminum servo horn. Also Dino, do you have any body off pics of your 410?
Old 02-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any other worth while upgrades to do to the 410v4 Dino? I already have the aluminum servo saver and aluminum servo horn. Also Dino, do you have any body off pics of your 410?
I'm obviously not Dino, but I have read most if not all his threads lol. Do you have the rear skid brass weight? The HPI Vorza tower protectors are nice as well when it comes to tower life etc. Aside from your norm spares, the rest is done via fluid tuning of your shocks/diffs etc. I'm sure Dino will chime in soon
Old 02-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MeSE-Rious#6
I'm obviously not Dino, but I have read most if not all his threads lol. Do you have the rear skid brass weight? The HPI Vorza tower protectors are nice as well when it comes to tower life etc. Aside from your norm spares, the rest is done via fluid tuning of your shocks/diffs etc. I'm sure Dino will chime in soon
No, I do not have the rear brass weight yet. It will be on my things to get list. I'll look into the tower protectors. That servo is a 7965 Hitec. Can't wait to actually drive this car to see how it is.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Yes definitely the saver and horn.
HPI vorza shock protector as MeSE-Rious#6 said.

Aluminum threaded preload collars is a nice touch as I find the plastic preload collars get loose over time and can alter your ride height in a run.

Rear or side weight isn't necessary on high bite. It's a nice option to have but on dirt or low-med bite tracks, you will definitely need it.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MeSE-Rious#6
Thanks. And sorry to make you read a lot, I guess I write too much.. LOL
There are a lot of tuning options, but I think the norm is to run 10k front and rear on carpet, and somewhere around 50/40 on oils with the 2x1.6 and 2x1.7 pistons. I find that is a pretty neutral setup.

Also if you use a lot of brakes on high bite, you can try making 6 holes in the front pad, as this will allow the front to slip more, and it won't stand up the car and make the back light, and you won't lose as much steering under braking. On low bite, you want to do the opposite, put the 6 hole pad in the rear to help with exit traction.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.