Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 07:12 PM
  #17581  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
platgof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,507
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

You need to order the Big Bore piston set. It includes both sizes you need. While your at it be sure to pick up the 2x3 silicone seals as well. They come in blue, purple, and clear. There is a screw in the top of the piston that you remove with a 0.050 allen wrench. Take it out, pull the piston off, and swap in the 1.6 two hole front, and 1.7 two hole rear. I also pull the seals out of the bottom and replace them with the silicone seals, which are much smoother than the stock red/orange ones. They make a real difference.
platgof is offline  
Old 02-04-2015, 02:28 AM
  #17582  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chesapeake Va
Posts: 65
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ekt
For the pistons, they are referring to the amount of holes (2) and the size of the holes in millimeters (1.6/1.7).
Ahhhhhhhh yes! Now I see. Thanks a ton!
MeSE-Rious#6 is offline  
Old 02-04-2015, 02:31 AM
  #17583  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chesapeake Va
Posts: 65
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by platgof
You need to order the Big Bore piston set. It includes both sizes you need. While your at it be sure to pick up the 2x3 silicone seals as well. They come in blue, purple, and clear. There is a screw in the top of the piston that you remove with a 0.050 allen wrench. Take it out, pull the piston off, and swap in the 1.6 two hole front, and 1.7 two hole rear. I also pull the seals out of the bottom and replace them with the silicone seals, which are much smoother than the stock red/orange ones. They make a real difference.
Excellent info. Truly appreciate it. I'll look those up.
MeSE-Rious#6 is offline  
Old 02-04-2015, 06:10 AM
  #17584  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chesapeake Va
Posts: 65
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDNVK&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDXAF&P=PU

Assuming that you meant 3x2 on the silicone o-rings/seals, would these be the parts you referenced up above? Also, does anyone know if there's any advantages to running the machined spur vs the stock? Aside from weight, I can't think of any. Thanks in advance for your input. Hope to have this buggy up and running by Saturday, although with the space provided for the electronics I'm terrified on fitment issues.
MeSE-Rious#6 is offline  
Old 02-04-2015, 06:45 AM
  #17585  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,391
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MeSE-Rious#6
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDNVK&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDXAF&P=PU

Assuming that you meant 3x2 on the silicone o-rings/seals, would these be the parts you referenced up above? Also, does anyone know if there's any advantages to running the machined spur vs the stock? Aside from weight, I can't think of any. Thanks in advance for your input. Hope to have this buggy up and running by Saturday, although with the space provided for the electronics I'm terrified on fitment issues.
Yes.

Regarding machined advantages, None that you'll really notice IMHO.

With the Type B pistons above, there are 4 blanks. You can drill your own pistons to the specs you want. Use this great/simple drill bit package (from GMK) http://www.amain.com/gmk-supply-hole...rill-set/p7599
tobamiester is offline  
Old 02-04-2015, 09:49 AM
  #17586  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Machined spur gears are a bit expensive but they do run quite a bit more true to round. This means you can get better gear mesh and a quieter sound.

Last edited by 13Maschine; 02-04-2015 at 10:01 AM.
13Maschine is offline  
Old 02-04-2015, 10:05 AM
  #17587  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chesapeake Va
Posts: 65
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Appreciate the help fellas. Parts ordered!
MeSE-Rious#6 is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 02:43 AM
  #17588  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chesapeake Va
Posts: 65
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Upon further review, my kit came with the type B Pistons and the purple o-rings (3x2)! Good thing!!! I'm starting to believe that TD has an eye on this thread lol.



MeSE-Rious#6 is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 03:48 AM
  #17589  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chesapeake Va
Posts: 65
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone safely recommend another option (budget friendly) in saddle packs? I've got a couple ProTek packs and a couple TrakPower ones, buts it's getting expensive quickly. I'd like to see what other options are out there. I've been eyeing some from HK (NanoTech 4.85, 5.0, 5.1 etc), but am hesitant to pull the trigger. Thanks.
MeSE-Rious#6 is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 04:09 AM
  #17590  
Tech Regular
 
Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 318
Default

Originally Posted by MeSE-Rious#6
Upon further review, my kit came with the type B Pistons and the purple o-rings (3x2)! Good thing!!! I'm starting to believe that TD has an eye on this thread lol.
Don't worry, we read TD threads and always try our best to include the most commonly used parts in the kits.

the v4 is the 4th generation of the DEX410 and should be pretty much right with the included parts in the kit.

Hope you enjoy running the car, there are plenty of helpful guys (as you have already noticed) in this thread to help you along with any questions or setup help might need
Doughty is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 05:03 AM
  #17591  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Del-A-Where?
Posts: 578
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MeSE-Rious#6
Can anyone safely recommend another option (budget friendly) in saddle packs? I've got a couple ProTek packs and a couple TrakPower ones, buts it's getting expensive quickly. I'd like to see what other options are out there. I've been eyeing some from HK (NanoTech 4.85, 5.0, 5.1 etc), but am hesitant to pull the trigger. Thanks.
Id Stay with the Trinity/ Trak Power set up, Batteries are not cheap but the "Budget" Packs will show you why the other brands Cost more very quickly! I have been running my 2 Trak Power saddles for over a year with great results! I have a rev tech in my DESC410 for over a year with hundreds of cycles and they are all still strong!
automagic302 is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 05:11 AM
  #17592  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chesapeake Va
Posts: 65
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Doughty
Don't worry, we read TD threads and always try our best to include the most commonly used parts in the kits.

the v4 is the 4th generation of the DEX410 and should be pretty much right with the included parts in the kit.

Hope you enjoy running the car, there are plenty of helpful guys (as you have already noticed) in this thread to help you along with any questions or setup help might need
Outstanding!!! Hope I enjoy it as well! Gonna try my damnedest to bring some TD hype to my local track. They don't seem to get much love here. Anyone else run at Debbies RC world here in Va???
MeSE-Rious#6 is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 05:13 AM
  #17593  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
rcjunky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,202
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I run the great hobbies 5000mah 99c saddle and works well, I've ran it all last year and it performs like new. That said I think it's mid ranged price wise. For something cheaper, a team mate runs the gens ace 25c pack and works well. These cars done really need the high discharge packs and it seems to work well.
rcjunky1 is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 05:14 AM
  #17594  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chesapeake Va
Posts: 65
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by automagic302
Id Stay with the Trinity/ Trak Power set up, Batteries are not cheap but the "Budget" Packs will show you why the other brands Cost more very quickly! I have been running my 2 Trak Power saddles for over a year with great results! I have a rev tech in my DESC410 for over a year with hundreds of cycles and they are all still strong!
I hear ya automagic! Not sure about the Trinity packs thou. Don't own any. I'll have to check them out. My Trak Power are great, as are my ProTeks! Not sure many run the Amain lipos (ProTek) but I've had nothing but great times with them.
MeSE-Rious#6 is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 05:15 AM
  #17595  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 914
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by platgof
TFK, I really like Electrons on the front, but prefer ions on the rear. I don't like high traction tires on the rear, gets to squirrely for me. I am looking at rebuilding the servo as it is much cheaper. I already have it apart after watching YouTube on how to do it. No way would I have figured it out. Other than breaking it is an awesome car. What diff oil are you now using, and have you tried the unis up front?
I'm running the 7/3 oils haven't had a need to change it. I read further back and Dino actually said to run the d joints up front and the u Joint every where else. I found some really cheap d joint rear on ebay but am going to switch everything to the u joint. It's more efficient anyway and try d joint up front. Hope to have them sometime next week.
tfrankito is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.