Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The rs pro will need lots of air to spin a 5t motor for sure, I wouldn't go any more then a 6.5, anything faster fired the same speed with more heat
Old 02-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 5 Turn

Yeah, if I use that combo I will need a fan for sure. It would be an awesome motor for the Yeti 1/10 scale. I hope I can fix my servo somehow. I was looking at it, and it only uses one side of the teeth on the main gear, so I am thinking of rotating it and use the teeth on the other side. I really enjoy driving this car, definitely my favorite. I thought I broke the rear arm, but just chipped it, the axle is gone though.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
Yeah, if I use that combo I will need a fan for sure. It would be an awesome motor for the Yeti 1/10 scale. I hope I can fix my servo somehow. I was looking at it, and it only uses one side of the teeth on the main gear, so I am thinking of rotating it and use the teeth on the other side. I really enjoy driving this car, definitely my favorite. I thought I broke the rear arm, but just chipped it, the axle is gone though.
savox sells the gear kit to rebuild the gears. http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SGSH12...sgsh1257mg.htm

I think you said 1257. I like the 5.5t it rips. Some don't. I do have it turned down a tad, like to 90% I just pulled my first 13 lapper with it. Only 1 other has done this in the 5 mins. And I don't have the whole set up yet. still waiting on the 21 degree blocks. I upped the rear oil and it slaps less. The car is on rails. I did just get slammed into and broke some stuff. Took a chunck out of my front arm. I was using the cone washer for the front lower shock to keep the spring from rubbing the drive shaft. Is this the way to do that? Also anyone try the wheel washer mod to give a wider rear wheel base? How did it work. I was thinking of trying it but really don't need anymore rear traction. I just recently tried a different rear tire to loosen the rear a bit for more rotation. Right now it pushes because the electrons I am running have serious grip(clay front tires, SS rear tires 17 blocks. have front sway bar but not sure what size)
Old 02-02-2015, 02:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barge
I can't find any towers in stock anywhere let alone the non-fine tune. If anyone has a line on them please let me know.
Try my local shop, they ship and had both in stock Sunday 2/1
see attache links, the have a good selection of part. you can order straight from the website or call the store

http://www.drcwonline.com/browse.cfm.../4,137194.html

http://www.drcwonline.com/browse.cfm.../4,137193.html
Old 02-02-2015, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

TFK, I really like Electrons on the front, but prefer ions on the rear. I don't like high traction tires on the rear, gets to squirrely for me. I am looking at rebuilding the servo as it is much cheaper. I already have it apart after watching YouTube on how to do it. No way would I have figured it out. Other than breaking it is an awesome car. What diff oil are you now using, and have you tried the unis up front?
Old 02-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My experience with a 5.5T speed passion motor was that it was just too much. I run a HW6.5 now and it's very fast and has a really nice power band on the bottom. I use a bit of limiting with my HW3.1 ESC and I don't run any boost. It stays nice and cool on long practice runs. Last time I had it out I was able to keep up with an 1/8th scale very easily and I have yet to run into a buggy that pulls me on the straight or out of a corner. I get only get beat by better lines and when I make mistakes
Old 02-02-2015, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Smile

Originally Posted by SamuraiJack
I got my ArrowMax front shock towers, hopefully I'll get to the track and crash a ton and let folks know how durable it is. I use the HPI protectors.
I'm glad to hear you got some of these, they look good. How are they in person? Let us know how they are on tracků.I've had no breakage since I added the HPI shock protectors. What kind of screws are you using on the top for the shock mount?
Old 02-03-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

I've been running the ACER ceramics for a while now. I've had 3 or 4 good long days at the track (I work too much!) and haven't had a single issue with any of them. I have them in both of my cars DEX210/DEX410. On my last rebuild I noticed some of them seemed a little gritty. I cleaned them with electronic motor cleaner and the RPM bearing blaster and they are good as news. I've been using the SiN synthetic lube since I installed them. Both cars are night and day different in how smooth they roll. I race mod mostly but I would say these are essential if you are running stock.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Anyone interested in my almost new exotek rear skid plate weight? I opened and installed it but never ran it, decided I wanted to keep my old weight setup instead. I still have the original packaging and all the screws and instructions. PM me for details!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Hey guys, I know spec racing isn't huge for the wheeler class but at our local track we all run 13.5. I just switched over from a 22-4 and everyone said that the 410 would work with a 13.5. Haha, the thing is almost a second faster around the track them my 22-4 was. I Put a shorty pack in it and wanted to show how i did it for anyone that wants to switch it over from saddles. I took off the battery brace and used a Velcro strap from my old 22. It worked out really well and saved me some weight. I'll get some better pics up later showing how it sits in the car.
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-image.jpg  
Old 02-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Looks nice Laker67, Spec classes would benefit greatly from a lighter setup. This car is a little bit heavy with full saddles. Still very fast though. You may want to test the front to rear balance of the car though. I've done a shorty setup (you can see my pics a few pages back) and it's tough to get the car balanced front to rear with the shorty setup, Unless you use weights or put some of your electronics in the rear with the shorty.

It's too bad we don't have a shorty square pack, same width as saddles but shorter….
Old 02-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Try 2 1s shorty packs in series same size as saddles but thinner like a 1s pack. The 22-4 would be no good for slow motors, so much drag in the belts. That's why the xfactory x5 was so good, it was awesome like the xx4 with the efficiency of the xxx4 which made it wicked fast in the brushed motor days
Old 02-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Thanks Guys, I just read through my post and had put that the 410 "would" work in spec, actually everyone told me that is "wouldn't" work in spec. Guys had told me that they tried it and could never get the speed out of the car. I told them I made my 22-4 fast I'm sure I could do it with this hog. Sure enough she gets around quicker then my 22-4 did.
As far as the weight bias goes, you can feel she is a little front end heavy now but I like it that way. It seems to fit my driving style for some reason and feels a little more nimble. It was "easier" to drive the car with saddles but the fade in the motor was a lot more noticeable with the extra weight. So I left the chassis weight on the bottom and did the shorty and I think there are a lot more Durango fans after seeing this thing run around the track. haha.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Picked up a v4 and am trying to get it set up for my local track. It's a small indoor clay track that's tight/technical and has med-high bite. I've looked at Dino's set up a few times and have decided to follow most of his set up as a starting point, with a few differences. Built the Diffs with 5 up front and 3 in the back. I've read just how aggressive these buggies are and how much steering they got, figured it would tame things down a bit. Planning on running stock springs with 37f and 27r, and am also planning on running the sways. My kit says that it came with 2 1.5mm sways but when I put a caliper on them one measured 1.3 and the other measured 1.5....? Guessing the 1.3 goes in the front? Also got the rear skid weight I'll be running. The confusion with me is in the shock set up. I don't quit understand the whole piston concept. I see where some speak of running 2 1x6 f and 2 1x7 etc etc etc but to be honest I don't know where and what those measurements correlate too. The manual doesn't help in that aspect either, seeing as I can't find the measurements most speak of in the manual. Sorry for sounding so new, but I've been on a 15 year hiatus lol. I've been flying the last 14 years and never thought that the racing bug would bite again....one trip to the local racing track changed that all! Dont get me started on the programming of this damn pistol Tx lol. Been programming 7-9 channel Tx for expo etc on rudders, elevators, and ailerons for far too long ha! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:05 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MeSE-Rious#6
Picked up a v4 and am trying to get it set up for my local track. It's a small indoor clay track that's tight/technical and has med-high bite. I've looked at Dino's set up a few times and have decided to follow most of his set up as a starting point, with a few differences. Built the Diffs with 5 up front and 3 in the back. I've read just how aggressive these buggies are and how much steering they got, figured it would tame things down a bit. Planning on running stock springs with 37f and 27r, and am also planning on running the sways. My kit says that it came with 2 1.5mm sways but when I put a caliper on them one measured 1.3 and the other measured 1.5....? Guessing the 1.3 goes in the front? Also got the rear skid weight I'll be running. The confusion with me is in the shock set up. I don't quit understand the whole piston concept. I see where some speak of running 2 1x6 f and 2 1x7 etc etc etc but to be honest I don't know where and what those measurements correlate too. The manual doesn't help in that aspect either, seeing as I can't find the measurements most speak of in the manual. Sorry for sounding so new, but I've been on a 15 year hiatus lol. I've been flying the last 14 years and never thought that the racing bug would bite again....one trip to the local racing track changed that all! Dont get me started on the programming of this damn pistol Tx lol. Been programming 7-9 channel Tx for expo etc on rudders, elevators, and ailerons for far too long ha! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
For the pistons, they are referring to the amount of holes (2) and the size of the holes in millimeters (1.6/1.7).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.